It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big Lie: Exposing the Nazi Roots of the American Left

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Bull#!

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Dinesh D'Souza is utterly dishonest and a f*cking idiot into the bargain.

I would sooner step in front of a speeding train than rely on anything he wrote concerning politics, because at least if you were hit by a train you wouldn't be around to feel ashamed when people pointed out how stupid you had been.

If you believe a word he says, you might be interested in a bridge I've got for sale.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

He can't. We both know the ideology of the party's completely reversed roles as the nineteenth century become the twentieth and those rolls were solidified by actions in the fifties and sixties. They know the left stands for equality and acceptance and that the right stands for intolerance and preserving the status of citizens based on how light their skin is.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Those people and their ideology are all dead.
Progress is the root word for progressive.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: xuenchen

Why do conservatives think they are on to something whenever they bring up Democrats being racist in the past? Just because it happened in the past doesn't mean that is how things are today. Why do you guys always skip over the part of history where the racist Democrats switched sides to the Republicans? Oh wait, because that conflicts with your ridiculous premise that early 1900's Democrats have the same beliefs as 2017 Democrats.

It's kind of a silly point to make - like trying to condemn a person for what their great-great grandfather believed.

Yep, great-great grandpa believed all sorts of inane things. But we're not great-great grandpa.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Yeah and each and every one of them became ineffective as the majority Democrats pushed their opinions out of the mainstream. They even forced a loyalty pledge on the Democrats to ensure none of them would get to be the President.
Dixiecrat

Former Dixiecrats received some backlash at the 1952 Democratic National Convention, but all Southern delegations were seated after agreeing to a party loyalty pledge

Meanwhile Strom Thurmond went on to high press in opposing the Civil Rights Act. Saying that the Dixiecrats were anything but neutered after the switch is just history revisionism.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The confirmation bias in this thread is insane.
I see multiple mistakes on numerous posts regarding American history.

Ehh...typical ATS.
No one is right and everyone is wrong.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
He takes you back to President Woodrow Wilson (1913-1921) and the Democrat Party that started it all !!

A little confused here. The precursor to the Nazi party started in Germany in 1919. Are you contending that the Democrats started it before that?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Yeah. It is one that I tire of correcting around here.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: havok
The confirmation bias in this thread is insane.
I see multiple mistakes on numerous posts regarding American history.

Ehh...typical ATS.
No one is right and everyone is wrong.

I enjoy reading posts from foreigners about how "all progressives in the US...," as if anyone knows ALL progressive leaning folks in this nation lol

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Progressives in th US were very much into eugenics and scientific racism, just like the Nazis.

Its where the nazis got it from, if anything.

Hitler was also stoked about us handling of the natives.

Bernays propaganda teachings from Freuds insights fueled their identity politics propaganda model, which the liberals whole platform today is based on (the mechanics of it).

Intl reatment of them post war caused their festering. And then when they got going allied powers sat back and watched. US technocrat and oil corps kept them fueled (right to the end some of them like IBM they punchcards ran the death camps). Then google prescot bish nazi's. Yeah so everyone watched the axis powers ramp up the war, sat back, then allowed pearl harbor to happen for the pretext.

All that BS never had to happen.

And then after it did the CIA import the jazi mind scientists and their research data into the US Imprrialism machination. Enter mkultra, and the NWO proper.

Oh, i forgot to mention the great depression which was caused by a combination of bernays propaganda driving wall street fervor, robber barron meddling not least of which at the federal reserve. That stroke set up the industrialists here to rape national wealth, put the gov further in debt with them, and consolidate power. All the while it F'd Europe too especially germany to ram rod that eventually WW2 outcome. And arose the permanent military ibdustrial complex / perpetual wars.
edit on 7-9-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
That's untrue. It was very much opposed by many people, Christians for example.

When the Nazis began the forced sterilisation of people they deemed unfit to have children, they referred to it as 'The Indiana Procedure', after the US state that in 1907 passed the first law enabling sterilisation without patient consent.

It culminated in the 1927 SCOTUS case Buck v Bell, in which it was determined that "three generations of imbeciles is enough." Although no-one has relied on it in recent years that ruling has still not been overturned, so it's just lying around waiting for someone to dust it off, perhaps with better technology than was available in 1907.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Please define for us the differences between liberals, libertarians, democrats and progressives. Thanks!

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The propaganda machine plays you like a fiddle.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: RomeByFire

Please define for us the differences between liberals, libertarians, democrats and progressives. Thanks!

Liberals - anyone who wants to raise taxes
Liberatarians - destroy government
Democrats - Republican Lite
Progressives - anyone trying to promote pro-labor government policies

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Black is white, white is black. It's just another day on Trump's glorious ATS.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon
Dinesh D'Souza is utterly dishonest and a f*cking idiot into the bargain.

I would sooner step in front of a speeding train than rely on anything he wrote concerning politics, because at least if you were hit by a train you wouldn't be around to feel ashamed when people pointed out how stupid you had been.

If you believe a word he says, you might be interested in a bridge I've got for sale.

Agreed, D'Souza has a very dishonest agenda, and will not stop at anything to push it.

Even making such absurd statements as Nazism having it's roots in the American left. Which is so utterly absurd it's not even worth spending time rebutting it.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

When you ignore history it repeats.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Can you tell me which party in the late 19th century wanted more states rights, less federal government, and less taxes? The party of Lincoln (Republican), or the primary party of the South (Democrats)?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

But it goes further than that. People tell me and other African Americans to forget about slavery, which included the literal enslavement of my great great grandfathers. But to this day, they keep memorials and statues of their pro-slavery, pro-Confederate great great grandfathers on display on public lands, even though the confederacy only lasted a measly 4 years.

They point out in OPs like this one that Democrats from the early 1900s were racist, pro-Nazi, and pro-KKK. But they gloss over the fact that their grandfathers voted for those same racist, pro-Nazi, and pro-KKK Democrats; supported the Democrats' confederacy; and built the very confederate memorials that exist today.

And today, they protest with literal neo-Nazis to protect the legacy of their great great grandfathers who were those racist Democrats from the past. They openly acknowledge that the Democrats' failed nation (the confederacy) was their heritage and they know that their recent ancestors supported the actions of those Democrats. Yet they keep trying to pin the actions of those Democrats on modern Democrats. Do you see how mixed up that is? They wave the battle flag of those racist Democrats from the past, claim the monuments & figures of those racist Democrats as their own heritage & history, and yet want everything negative about it to be blamed on the Left.

They can't have it both ways. If they're going to support the confederacy, wave its flag, and claim its leaders as their own, then they have to accept all of what that encompasses. The very same Democrats from the OP's time period are the same politicians who put up the confederate monuments & statues that we're bickering over today. The very same KKK that was started by former confederate Democrats now considers itself a right wing group and marches at "Unite the Right" rallies to protect the confederate statues.

That's where my issue is w/all of this. If they're going to claim the legacy of those Democrats, then they need to man up and accept all of it. As an example, I don't think I've ever said a kind thing about FDR. I respect many of the New Deal programs, but I also know that he and the southern Democrats made sure to exclude minorities from as many of those programs as possible. My grandfather even fought in a racially segregated unit in WW2 because of that crap (against actual Nazis, at that).

ok, i'll take a break now because every time i talk about this stuff here, i start to resent the people here. and i don't like allowing myself to hate anything, other than mosquitoes and country music

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join