It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big Lie: Exposing the Nazi Roots of the American Left

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

And don't forget, I listed a bunch of the most common reasons why African Americans vote for Democratic candidates in response to that crap. But he/she simply ignored all of that and instantly jumped to "is it because I'm a woman? Should I make you a sammich?", etc. I've been fighting for actual women's rights and gender equality for years, so that kind of fake victimhood isn't going to cut it.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I also noticed you saying you voted for Jill Stein to run our country, and last time I checked, she was a woman...

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Voted for a female mayor, too. Don't get me wrong, I won't vote for or against anyone just because of their gender. But I won't exclude them because of their gender, either. It's all about the power of their ideas, their leadership abilities, their ability to implement the things I agree with and oppose the things I disagree with, etc. If a 5 armed, 3 eyed, purple skinned mutant was running for office & appeared to be the best candidate, I'd vote for it too.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I'll be honest, I haven't had a chance to read it. I am out of town for a funeral, and dealing with family things. I'll read it when I have more time. I just saw the first part and wanted to correct your mischaracterization of my comments you quoted.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I'll be honest, I haven't had a chance to read it. I am out of town for a funeral, and dealing with family things. I'll read it when I have more time. I just saw the first part and wanted to correct your mischaracterization of my comments you quoted.

So you instantly thought I was talking down to you because of your gender, even though you didn't actually read what I'd typed? And then you posted several times afterwards to double down on your position, still without having read what I'd actually typed? Am I getting that right?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

No, you mischaracterized my comments and I have had it with that in this thread. So I wanted you to have a taste of the same.

I noted that you spent some time composing your thoughts on the rest and so I felt that part deserved more of my time and headspace to read through and respond.

I planned and coming back to it when I could give you that courtesy.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: CreationBro

STILL at war...not MORE war.

Semantics, but yes, i stand corrected.

All of the needless bloodshed is incredibly disheartening.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Dinesh D'Souza is a moron.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Why don't I throw the question open to the forum, eh?

The assertion has been made, many times, here and in other threads and by many posters, that the Democratic Party oppresses Black Americans (and some posters are so stupid as to claim) "just like on the plantations."

Now, it's 2017, and Black Americans by and large are just as well-educated, just as politically aware, just as interested in their own well-being as any demographic group so someone who supports this absurd theory tell us, point blank, how the Democrats are achieving this when the fact is that Black Americans vote OVERWHELMINGLY Democrat particularly in Presidential Elections and have done so FOR DECADES.

My explanation is simple; Black Americans don't believe this absurd nonsense, but so many here keep repeating this, let's hear it.

Explain it to us.
edit on 10-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

There are gay republicans, women republicans, poor republicans, small business owner republicans, etc...there is an argument to be made that they are voting against their self interest.

Is that argument/opinion absurd, sad, ridiculous, nonsensical, etc?

I personally don't think so.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

There are gay republicans, women republicans, poor republicans, small business owner republicans, etc...there is an argument to be made that they are voting against their self interest.

Is that argument/opinion absurd, sad, ridiculous, nonsensical, etc?

I personally don't think so.

I'll have to see your argument to comment on it. You haven't made one, you've only stated that it can be made.

You know, like the argument you made that Democrats oppress Black Americans.

I've given you my response to that argument; it's absurd. You didn't care for that response, and took it personally.

Let's hear your argument about Republicans and why women, gays, poor people and small business owners shouldn't vote for them.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Let's be honest here, we've already discussed this in another thread. And I know you recall it because some of it came up in your comment surrounding your question. I don't know why you feign bewilderment.

It's crap.

And I didn't say it was MY argument about gay, women, etc republicans voting against their self interest, I said there is a legitimate argument to be made there.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

Devils math works out to WAY better now than later.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Let's be honest here, we've already discussed this in another thread. And I know you recall it because some of it came up in your comment surrounding your question. I don't know why you feign bewilderment.

It's crap.

And I didn't say it was MY argument about gay, women, etc republicans voting against their self interest, I said there is a legitimate argument to be made there.

Sure, let's be honest. You want to pretend for some reason that you haven't made the absurd argument about Democrats keeping Black Americans in a state of oppression, the same argument made here by many other folks (so, again, I'm not sure why you would take the matter so personally).

You said there's an argument to be made about some groups and Republicans, but you didn't make one.

I can't respond to this imaginary argument.

Care to respond to my actual question? Rather than trying to use it as a segue to continue to grind axes? If so, here it is again:

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Why don't I throw the question open to the forum, eh?

The assertion has been made, many times, here and in other threads and by many posters, that the Democratic Party oppresses Black Americans (and some posters are so stupid as to claim) "just like on the plantations."

Now, it's 2017, and Black Americans by and large are just as well-educated, just as politically aware, just as interested in their own well-being as any demographic group so someone who supports this absurd theory tell us, point blank, how the Democrats are achieving this when the fact is that Black Americans vote OVERWHELMINGLY Democrat particularly in Presidential Elections and have done so FOR DECADES.

My explanation is simple; Black Americans don't believe this absurd nonsense, but so many here keep repeating this, let's hear it.

Explain it to us.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

I agree the DNC IS FAR too incompetent to function like THAT in secrecy,and THAT is why the black man is kept down.
OF COURSE you need not defer to the later, I get it.
edit on 10-9-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I agree the DNC IS FAR too incompetent to function like THAT in secrecy,and THAT is why the black man is kept down.
OF COURSE you need not defer to the later, I get it.

You think the Democratic Party is incompetent, and that is why "the black man is kept down."

This makes no sense. Care to expand your thought?

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   

And? Am I not allowed to have opinions on politics?

Is it because I am a woman ES?

ETA: You presented that like I was trying to speak for others. I was speaking for myself, those are my opinions. But maybe you think women shouldn't be allowed to have and voice opinions?

Is that the kind of person you are? Is that why you were tempted to say something "harsh" to me? Did you want to tell me to go make you a sammich?

Funny how out of all the people that disagreed with your bullsh*t, about AAs voting democrat because they have been brainwashed, the only one you chose to pull the victimised woman card on was an openly Muslim member...

I think others noticed that as well, but I'm damn well gonna say it.

You still haven't answered anybody's question either...

How is it that you're so smart you can see that Democrats use/brainwash/pander to African Americans but those very same African Americans can't see it?

Explain that logic.

Or don't. Maybe you'd be more useful making someone a sandwich.
edit on 10-9-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: Grammar.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

We have but to look at the cities degradations like Chicago ,Baltimore...

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Let's put this silly partisan BS to bed.

The OP focuses on D'Souza's new book The Big Lie.

Like most of D'Souza's books, it's tripe.

OP wants to focus on the fact that since Birth of a Nation was screened in the White House while Woodrow Wilson was President, and since it is fairly well-establsiehd that Wilson was a pretty overt racist in today's terms ... that somehow the Democratic Party is and has been the same as the Nazis or some such rot. FDR's policies in the creation of our Social Safety Net that has helped MILLIONS of Americans of every race, creed and color ... is somehow the same as Adolf Hitler.

Let the absurdity of that sink in.

No one can argue that a significant percentage of people in the early 20th century still held extremely backward ideas about racial equality. That's why regardless of the fact of the 13th, 14th and 15th Amendments, Black Americans were still considered and mostly treated as second-class citizens for a century after the end of the Civil War.

Let's remember the last great bipartisan work that helped bring the country together that was the beginning of the reversal of those trends ... the Civil Rights Acts of 64 and 68.

edit on 10-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   

We have but to look at the cities degradations like Chicago ,Baltimore...

.... and?

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join