It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big Lie: Exposing the Nazi Roots of the American Left

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

1964 was about 80% sympathy votes for JFK.

Too bad because 1964 paved the way for the Vietnam war.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Edumakated

Those people and their ideology are all dead.
Progress is the root word for progressive.

So why are 'progressive' ideas so regressive?

Disarm the people, control speech, segregate the masses, government control of productivity, oppressive taxation...

Not one item on your list is "progressive."

My god, you folks do love your logical fallacies.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: soberbacchus

1964 was about 80% sympathy votes for JFK.

Too bad because 1964 paved the way for the Vietnam war.

Only in your Mandela Effect universe.

In this one, the Vietnam War started in the early 50s.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

U.S. Involvement in the Vietnam War: the Gulf of Tonkin and Escalation, 1964

Good chance Goldwater would have "de-escalated" (Maybe)

but I won't argue with you, whatever you say is true.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yeah yeah ... I see your cherry crop came in ...

The Vietnam War (Vietnamese: Chiến tranh Việt Nam), also known as the Second Indochina War, and known in Vietnam as the Resistance War Against America (Vietnamese: Kháng chiến chống Mỹ) or simply the American War, was a war that occurred in Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia from 1 November 1955 to the fall of Saigon on 30 April 1975. It was the second of the Indochina Wars and was officially fought between North Vietnam and the government of South Vietnam.

Beginning in 1950, American military advisors arrived in what was then French Indochina.[60][A 3] U.S. involvement escalated in the early 1960s, with troop levels tripling in 1961 and again in 1962

Wikipedia

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

It appears some only believe and understand history if it begins with a false flag.

Oh well. Tis the danger of a conspiratorial mindset.

The conspiracy overrules fact.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

It appears some only believe and understand history if it begins with a false flag.

I'm fine with classical conspiracies, dealing with hard data creatively assembled into meaningful narratives.

What we have these days is merely belief-based partisan nincompoopery.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: introvert

I'm fine with classical conspiracies, dealing with hard data creatively assembled into meaningful narratives.

What we have these days is merely belief-based partisan nincompoopery.

You use kinder words than I would choose to use.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I'm not sure why we bother. By and large, we're dealing with cultists who posit feculence like the OP and those who applaud it.

They're unmoved by logic, reason, evidence or ... it turns out, basic common sense.

And, they're not going to change.

Kinda pointless.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: introvert

I'm not sure why we bother. By and large, we're dealing with cultists who posit feculence like the OP and those who applaud it.

They're unmoved by logic, reason, evidence or ... it turns out, basic common sense.

And, they're not going to change.

Kinda pointless.

It relieves boredom. We may be dealing with pigeons that pretend to play chess, but at least we are playing chess.

I guess....

God, it is pointless.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Are they still trying to link KKK, Nazis and other white power garbage to the Democratic party?.LOL

When it is a proven fact that they vote Republican.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: xuenchen

And we should listen to Dinesh D'Souza because???

You should at least consider all points of view then try to find the truth somewhere inbetween.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

As I see it, both sides are guilty of spouting nonsense. Here at ATS it's a daily ritual.

Although we are all guilty to varying degrees, there are some usual suspects, such as yourself.

Don't take that wrong, because you do post some good information from time to time. I've learned a few things from you.

But like with anyone here, it's important to gauge bias and sift through the opinions and fictions to determine what the facts really are while attempting to avoid allowing our own bias to blind us.

You know you win some you lose some. I just try to take it all with a grain of salt.

Most of these topics are pointless distractions in the end.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Classic Xuenchen post. Nuff said.

Beware of red herrings and Saul Alinsky tactics folks.

Oh yeah...and medulla oblongata syndrome.
edit on 8-9-2017 by Argus100 because: Cheeto Dust

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

So why do African Americans say we vote for Democrats? In our own words, please.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught9966
Are they still trying to link KKK, Nazis and other white power garbage to the Democratic party?.LOL

When it is a proven fact that they vote Republican.

Too many people with WAY too much time on their hands.

"Speaking it into existence" seems to be the new thing with these folks.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

So why do African Americans say we vote for Democrats? In our own words, please.

I cannot speak for all African American Democrats and have no interest in trying. I don't believe you or anyone could. If you'd like to tell me why you do, I am open to hearing you speak for yourself on that.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

You're the one who typed this (HERE):

Well, I hope most people are not dumb enough to not notice how easy it is for some white Democrats to exploit the plight of black Americans simply to score partisan political points on an online conspiracy theory forum.

And this (HERE):

Don't talk to me about courage when you cloak your white self behind the plight of black Americans to win internet arguments.

Remember, that's the context for my posts towards you right now. So I'm just curious how you can say those things when you seemingly don't even know why African Americans vote for Democrats in overwhelming numbers. Your posts imply that you simply think we're being exploited and manipulated into voting for Dems. But those are just your opinions.

From reading your posts, it seems like it never even crosses your mind that many of our most important concerns are addressed by Democratic policies. You seem to ignore the fact that there are African Americans who are LGBT citizens or who believe in equal rights for LGBT citizens. Which party do you think those citizens would vote for if they actually wanted positive results on LGBT issues?

You seem to not know that there more than half a million to one million African American Muslims. Guess which party's voters constantly attack the building of new mosques, pass anti-Sharia laws, pass Muslim immigration bans, etc? Did it never occur to you that African American Muslims like myself may vote based on this issue?

You seem to not know that African American women have been fighting in the women's rights movement since the beginning. So you're discounting or outright ignoring the African American ladies who want equal pay, reproductive rights, are pro-choice, etc. Which party do you think they would vote for?

And did you know that the church is one of the pillars of most African American communities? While my father is an Imam, his Dad was a pastor, as is one of my first cousins. And at least 2 artists that I used to do music with have become pastors in recent years. Why would African American churchgoers support the party that is currently marching with literal Neo-Nazis at "Unite the Right" rallies? Have you seriously not seen the history of KKK and white supremacist attacks on African American churches over the last 60 years or so? Ever heard of Dylan Roof or "the 16th Street Baptist Church bombing" (which was the subject of the "4 Little Girls" movie)?

And do you think that many African Americans don't know about the confederacy and the fact that's its constitution has 10 clauses which regulate the enslavement of our literal ancestors? I can't speak for all of us, but my family tree has kept extensive records of this stuff. And when you have nearly an entire political party still waving the confederate flag and honoring those confederate leaders, it's obviously going to piss us off. And when those same confederate flag wavers then say we should forget about slavery, even though that flag comes from the same time period yet they'll never forget it or give it up, it pisses us off even more.

Then you have official policies like "the Massive Resistance", "the Southern Strategy" (HERE), "broken windows", and many elements of the current war on drugs which profile minority groups more than other groups. The Democratic Party is in no way innocent on "broken windows" and racial profiling laws; however, the Republican Party coincidentally is consistently in favor of these laws. And then there are the more stereotypical policies like welfare laws & other social programs, affirmative action programs (which actually help white women more than any other demographic), raising the minimum wage, reducing police brutality, etc.

Added together, you have one party which kinda helps us in many of our biggest concerns. And then there's another party that virtually always opposes our biggest concerns, all while proudly waving the confederate flag, marching with Nazis at "Unite the Right" rallies, and saying we should forget about our painful heritage here while they aggressively display monuments that make sure we remember that time period. Hmmm...

And remember, I voted for Jill Stein. That's actually the 2nd time I've voted for a Green Party candidate for the Presidency, since I also voted for Nader in 2000. However, I also voted for the Dems in my State and local races, as well as for my House and Senate representatives. Furthermore, I've realized that the Green Party is a fraud. They have no problem taking votes and donations, but they have no power and literally won't help build any State or local parties where I live. What good is a political party that has no presence, no power, and literally can't get anything done?
edit on 9-9-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2017 by enlightenedservant because: clarified. I meant "new mosques" not "new laws". durr me

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

You are are a religious man, so I don't wanna offend, but gwad damn the above was powerful on on point..

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

No offense taken.

I have no problem with people pointing out flaws in the Democratic Party. I've done it too, especially leading up to the 2016 elections. But it's ridiculous for people to just assume that minorities vote for Dems because we're being manipulated.

I didn't even touch on things like minority owned businesses that export goods to other countries, minorities with passports that like to travel, etc. Heck, I'm still trying to get my hands on some Chinese citrus fruit varieties that can supposedly survive in freezing weather. There can be any number of reasons why some African Americans may prefer not to vote for a party that wants to return to isolationism & trade wars, and those have nothing to do with racial or social issues.
edit on 9-9-2017 by enlightenedservant because: clarified

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join