It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big Lie: Exposing the Nazi Roots of the American Left

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

94% voted Republican and Democrat, in 2016, so 94% of voters weren't smart about their vote -- regardless of skin color -- IMO.

If you want to twist that into a racist statement, go ahead.

I prefer to judge a person's heart on how they live their life.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It's amusing that all one has to do to enrage the average extremist is ignore their posts.

LOL

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
88% of Black Americans who voted, voted for Hillary Clinton, a Democrat, in 2016.

93% of Black Americans who voted, voted for Barack Obama, a Democrat, in 2012.

99% of Black Americans who voted, voted for Barack Obama, a Democrat, in 2008.

These trends continue for Democratic candidates for decades.

Yet, there are those who want to believe that the majority of Black Americans, being oppressed by Democrats, aren't smart enough, or informed enough or whatever enough to realize that fact and make better decisions.

Let's be clear. We all make bad decisions sometimes. Politically, in the US, we are only offered as a matter of practice two candidates to choose from (that really have a chance of winning) so we haven't really even made a decision, rather, we've made a choice between two bad options.

But.

The claim of this thread, and of several folks who have posted in it, is that the Democratic party itself is and has been racist throughout history. That is absurd on its face and I believe that everyone knows that.

Are both parties corrupt? Yes, of course.

However, to allege that, in the modern era, say, the last 50 years or so, that Black Americans have been so universally deluded or confused or mislead to vote year after year in vast majorities for Democrats who continually oppress and discriminate against them is just patently absurd ... regardless of the motivation behind such a ridiculous statement.

Sources:

Mic

Gallup

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Addressing the "position" of the OP ...

Was Woodrow Wilson racist? Yes, absolutely. So was Abraham Lincoln.

Shall we deal with someone post 1970?

Richard Nixon was a horrible racist and anti-Semite. Source

Ronald Reagan: Ever hear of "welfare queens"? Did he speak publicly against the Civil Rights Acts? Why yes, yes he did. Source

So if the "party leaders" are the measure of the party ... it seems that the modern Republican Party is racist as hell.

edit on 8-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Well, I hope most people are not dumb enough to not notice how easy it is for some white Democrats to exploit the plight of black Americans simply to score partisan political points on an online conspiracy theory forum.

That's really, really helping!

edit on 9/8/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Well, I hope most people are not dumb enough to not notice how easy it is for some white Democrats to exploit the plight of black Americans simply to score partisan political points.

Care to offer something specific, rather than empty rhetoric?

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

It's pervasive, here, so I don't think specifics are necessary.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

It's pervasive, here, so I don't think specifics are necessary.

Of course you don't. It's much easier to appeal to "common knowledge" than to actually back up your claim.

ETA: Not unlike your claim that Democrats are oppressing and discriminating against Black Americans, yet, facts tell us that the vast majority continue to vote Democratic.

Have you mustered enough courage to explain why you think that?

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Ok, then I responded to a specific example.

Living in an integrated, urban neighborhood, spending my dollars to support minority owned/operated local businesses, personal relationships (including family) with black Americans....none of that interested you in judging my character because it's just so convenient to twist my non-racist comments into something racist.

Meanwhile, people who lead completely segregated lives but vote Democrat once every four years are celebrated as shining examples of tolerance and enlightenment.

You're helping so much!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Don't talk to me about courage when you cloak your white self behind the plight of black Americans to win internet arguments.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Allow me to give you the answer to your quandary ...

Black Americans, in an overwhelming majority, do not agree with your assessment of the Democratic party.

See how easy that was?

Another thing ... about half of Blacks IDENTIFY as Conservative and less than half identify as liberal. Source

Yet, they vote for Democrats. Black Americans, taken as a group, are just as bright, just as educated, and just as politically aware as any other demographic ... yet, they vote for Democrats time after time.

Conclusion: Black Americans don't think Democrats "oppress and discriminate" against them.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Don't talk to me about courage when you cloak your white self behind the plight of black Americans to win internet arguments.

Perhaps you can give examples of me "cloaking" myself behind the plight of Black Americans?

If you can't argue adequately on the internet by backing up your claims, don't try to blame me for your deficit.

ETA: This is your feeblest argument yet, for the record.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Ok, then I responded to a specific example.

Living in an integrated, urban neighborhood, spending my dollars to support minority owned/operated local businesses, personal relationships (including family) with black Americans....none of that interested you in judging my character because it's just so convenient to twist my non-racist comments into something racist.

Meanwhile, people who lead completely segregated lives but vote Democrat once every four years are celebrated as shining examples of tolerance and enlightenment.

You're helping so much!!!

You seem unable to separate my critiques of your faulty arguments from you, personally.

Do I need to tell you that I don't know you as a person? Do I need to suggest that you go back and read what I've said, which has been, except for a few occasions using figures-of-speech, directed at your claims?

Stop trying to make it personal and backup your arguments ... or, stop responding. Notice that I ignored your posts until you chose again to engage me personally. If you don't like my posts, don't read them.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Your assessment of what constitutes racism & tolerance, in this thread, is nothing more than whatever words you can twist and spin to suit your position that the Democratic Party is above being criticized and has no room for improvement.

It cheapens the accusation of racism. It makes a mockery of the real racism black Americans face and the profound impact on their lives.

I am out of town for a funeral, but I feel I've said my piece and if you still say you need more info to understand my POV on this, then I think you are just trying to harass me and waste my time. You get it. I believe you do, 100%.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Your assessment of what constitutes racism & tolerance, in this thread, is nothing more than whatever words you can twist and spin to suit your position that the Democratic Party is above being criticized and has no room for improvement.

It cheapens the accusation of racism. It makes a mockery of the real racism black Americans face and the profound impact on their lives.

I am out of town for a funeral, but I feel I've said my piece and if you still say you need more info to understand my POV on this, then I think you are just trying to harass me and waste my time. You get it. I believe you do, 100%.

Still empty rhetoric, still no examples to back up what you say, not to mention, direct and intentional dishonesty. I'm on record, here and everywhere else on this site, both political parties are filled with politicians, and politicians are psychopathic liars.

Let me make it easy. Quote my calling you a racist.

If you can't, admit you're overreacting and lying to compensate. Or, as would be my preference, stop replying to my posts.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Let's see...you've said I am in a sad state, challenged my courage, and insinuated I am a racist. And that's just off the top of my head. I am sure there are a few other personal insults I've forgotten.

I haven't made this personal -- you have.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Well, I hope most people are not dumb enough to not notice how easy it is for some white Democrats to exploit the plight of black Americans simply to score partisan political points on an online conspiracy theory forum.

Hmmm... Before I say something "harsh", can you explain how many African Americans you've actually talked to about this? As in, have you actually asked any of us why so many of us vote for Democrats? Note: I'm not asking why conservatives think so many of us vote for Democrats. And I'm not asking why you think we vote for Democrats. I'm asking if you've actually asked us for our own reasons behind our voting decisions?

edit on 8-9-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Let's see...you've said I am in a sad state, challenged my courage, and insinuated I am a racist. And that's just off the top of my head. I am sure there are a few other personal insults I've forgotten.

I haven't made this personal -- you have.

So ... I didn't call you a racist then? You lied about it?

The lack of courage demonstrated in your posts doesn't make you a racist. In fact, I'd say it makes you the opposite. You parroted these stupid "Democrats are the real racists" arguments and realized the flaw in that line of thinking. The lack of courage you've shown is merely that you won't own that mistake.

Look, here's the deal: your disenchantment with the Democratic party is your own. You don't have to make ridiculous statements on a public forum that you can't backup because of it. If you feel like critiques of your arguments are personal statements about you ... there's nothing I can do to help you. This whole line of BS is off-topic and against T&C.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I'd like to see any of the "standard critiques" of Black Americans stand up to scrutiny.

All we see on here are stereotypes and Reaganesque BS.

If we listened to the folks on here, all of Black America lives in a ghetto, does drugs and commits crimes.

Oh, and every protest of bad police work is terrorism ... can't forget that one.

AND THEN, the SAME POSTERS have the gall to claim that racism is gone in America, 2017.

That's a galactic level of ignorance or stupidity or dishonesty ... or perhaps, all three.

I live in Atlanta GA. I live within 5 miles of thousands* of Black Americans. Guess what, the vast VAST majority of them live in great houses, wonderful neighborhoods, have good jobs and are amazing people.

I don't know who the "poor, crime-ridden, Welfare queens" these people refer to are ... except for their own fantasies.

EDIT: Millions was hyperbole; mea culpa.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I was a Democrat my entire adult life until 2008. I know the appeal of the party. And, yes, I am exactly the kind of person that talks about politics with every black person I know. And I can't say whether they are speaking from the heart or not, but no one I know seems all THAT committed to the Democratic Party (not enough to defend the Party, anyway) nor are they interested in letting politics infect their personal opinions of me.

Say all the harsh things you want to me, although I don't know why anyone has such an issue with my criticisms of the Democratic party. I criticize both parties.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join