It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Romeo O Romeo, Wherefore Art Thou Romeo?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

Only in the south Bronx.
Yo...

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yea I alway ms have to be reminded of what the Mandela effect is.. likely because it's so damn silly.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
For Pete's sake, OP, will you please stop posting all this ME drivel? Your memory/education/common sense is clearly deficient and ME is not a thing. It just isn't, alright?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263
It will become clear...
With Shakespeare? Have you ever tried to read it?

Old English combined with poetry I usually have to read a line twice before I can actually tell what's being said. Lol. But for the record...Here's why he's still so adored today read this beauty.

Did my heart love til now?
Forswear it, sight!
For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night.

Or

Here's what love is,
A smoke made out of lovers sighs.
When the smoke clears love is a fire.
Burning in your lovers eyes.

I mean come on.. that's poetry.
edit on 972017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
That's ok pretty sure in my Universe Jerry Lewis died in 2013 not recently...

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

But it was never Romeo O Romeo

Ever.

it's not mandela.. it's a shocking education system

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Everyone knows that the movie Casablanca contained the classic quote "Play it again, Sam."

Yet in every single version of the movie today, from VHS to DVD and restored prints for theatrical release, it's "Play it, Sam."

Clearly, the entire universe has changed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(ad infinitum)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I'm not sure why people try to argue with ME believers, to me they are basically another flavor of Flat Earthers..They believe what they believe no matter how ridiculous it is..

This pretty much sums up the ME and their is just no point debating it with believers of it:

Scenario 1: Since the human mind and memory is not infallible their perception of a lyric, book title, logo, whatever is also flawed.

Scenario 2: They live in a parallel time line with residual artifacts of a different timeline.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Scenario 3: Reality is dynamic and constantly in a state of flux which produces minuscule changes that effect people differently.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

It's a play. How it is written does not always match up with how it is performed. Especially since it is perhaps the most performed play in history. I guess it would all depend on where your memory comes from, a performance or a hard copy of the exact play.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yeah. What bugs me is how everyone thinks "wherefore" in "wherefore art thou Romeo?" means "where", when actually it means "why". She's not asking where Romeo is, she's asking why he has to be Romeo. If he was someone else (other family) then they would have been spared from all the trouble.

But it's an easy mistake of course.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

You're who I'm trying to reach. It was "Romeo O Romeo" for my wife and I in highschool too. Glad I came back to check responses!

Sorry

the guy is from a different universe than you.

Its not the same as what you and your wife remember/know/whatever.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

It's a play. How it is written does not always match up with how it is performed. Especially since it is perhaps the most performed play in history. I guess it would all depend on where your memory comes from, a performance or a hard copy of the exact play.

You see,

What you just did requires thinking.

Please STOP

This is a Mandela effect thread.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
As an Englishman who had far too much of Shakespeare's cr*p rammed down my throat at school I can say definitively that it was "O Romeo, Romeo!"

It always makes me smile when adherents of ME claim reality has changed because they remember something one way but they can't accept other people claiming they clearly remember it another way.

If reality had changed then no-one would be aware that ME existed. Isn't it much more likely that someone just has a bad memory but simply can't admit that they are wrong?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: PheonixReborn

i see a very real issue in the not too distant future where people with legit memory problems like parkinson's and alzheimer sufferers among other dementia related issues refuse treatment based on mandela effect gubbins.
'i remember turning the cooker off before the house burned down i must have switched dimensions, again.'
the anti vaxx movement showing how easily people can be manipulated into a pharma fear and people not wanting to accept being ill will have a knock on effect.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Voyaging
a reply to: opethPA

Scenario 3: Reality is dynamic and constantly in a state of flux which produces minuscule changes that effect people differently.

So your reality is different than mine, but MINE proves yours wrong.

Ahem....

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

You see,

What you just did requires thinking.

Please STOP

This is a Mandela effect thread.

It was in another time line.

You've just created a gibbs paradox. Now prove me wrong. before you fade away.......

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Will someone PLEASE post the original damn quote from him!!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Never read Romeo and Juliet, but I always thought it was "Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art though Romeo?"

Never heard of an "O" being interjected (but then, I didnt realise the sentence began "O" either ..... )

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
the fact that people misquote things is not evidence of some kind of dimension-jumping mental matrix whateverness...

honestly... how many people have even read the play? or even read it more than once? or read it since high school?

meanwhile it's a scene that other movies and shows and books love to refer to and quote, and they are under no obligation to quote it correctly. they're happy to change it if they think it sounds better. as long as you get the reference, it doesn't have to be accurate.

i feel sometimes like these mandela effect threads are the world's lamest game of telephone, and you think the fact that the third person got it wrong and everyone after it repeated the mistake means that you are actually in an alternate universe from the beginning of the game.

memories are fallible. people misquote things. trying to divine a cosmic significance from it that makes you special is just an endless, foolish game.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join