It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood on DACA: Everyone Has Right to Live

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

This is what irritates me. That and schools acting like some weird resistance force. Stick to your jobs.

Thats the essence of the depth of the break from reality.

They think they are doing their job.

Teachers arent very qualified to even teach kids certain subjects. Ive known a lot of teachers in my day, family too... No offence but I dont want any of them guiding the morals or trying to martyr themselves over a overblown virtue performance.

No one needs a body guard. No one will ever collect kids from a classroom, it will never happen.

Its all for show, and money

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SwordOfJustices

Cognition implies thought, and a brain. "A mental action". You've lost this arguement. You cannot think and have thoughts without a brain.
edit on 7-9-2017 by CarlsBad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: CarlsBad

In the universe, any right angled triangle, the square of the longest side equals the sum of the squares of the two other sides. Why does this happen? Because the universe is sentient. Universe makes brains. Universe sentient is far greater than brain sentient.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
In a blatant display of liberal hypocrisy at work Planned Parenthood made this official statement regarding DACA today...

Here at Planned Parenthood, we firmly believe that every person has the right to live, work, and raise a family freely and without the threat of deportation or separation," CEO Cecile Richards said in a fundraising email Tuesday.

Folks, you just can't make this stuff up. What a bunch of fools.

Article

Arguments based around poor research don't hold up well.

Their largest service is birth control (pills, condoms, education, etc that prevent the need for abortions.)

Access to birth control saves women's lives (women dying in childbirth was very common before effective birth control was available ... as was dying at a much younger age from secondary complications such as brittle bones from frequent pregnancies.)

In order to make an effective argument, you will have to tie DACA with sex education and birth control - not abortions (which are not common... and yes, I volunteered with Planned Parenthood, so I know something about them.)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Chemical reaction isn't thought. Your Universe response is stupid, were talking about killing something that isnt even aware its alive, and you consider this sentience. "Because right angles." Are rocks sentient? They are in the Universe.

K. Is dave home btw? Take a rip for me buddy.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Ever heard of the story of the frog on the bottom of the well? The frog sees a small patch of sky and thinks that's all there is to the sky. Humans senses are limited. Humans thoughts are limited. To think humans can understand beyond what humans can sense and understand is idiocy. The universe is far bigger and wonder than humans can understand. So spare me your only brain is sentient lecture.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

We aren't talking about big things were talking about abortion. Prove babies are sentient.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmania
The sentient argument doesn't hold water, as death is defined by the loss of a pulse. A brain dead person, while not sentient, is still considered to be alive.

If we hold loss of life to occur at lack of heartbeat, then life begins at the heartbeat, and that occurs around week 5.

Now, that being said, I don't believe that's right, but it's what the current legal practice is.

The legal standard is viability.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
We can all allow this matter to be taken off-track into the pros and cons about abortion.

Here are the only facts that are really relevant to the OP.

Planned Parenthood is a collective name for a group of American corporations. Under current law, corporations have free speech as well as individuals.

Their statement is free speech.

The statement in full is:

Here at Planned Parenthood, we firmly believe that every person has the right to live, work, and raise a family freely and without the threat of deportation or separation," CEO Cecile Richards said in a fundraising email Tuesday.

That's a statement obviously in line with their Mission Statement:

Planned Parenthood believes in the fundamental right of each individual, throughout the world, to manage his or her fertility, regardless of the individual's income, marital status, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or residence. We believe that respect and value for diversity in all aspects of our organization are essential to our well-being. We believe that reproductive self-determination must be voluntary and preserve the individual's right to privacy. We further believe that such self-determination will contribute to an enhancement of the quality of life and strong family relationships.

Source

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Babies have brains. As you claimed. All it takes is a brain to be sentient. It is your own point that babies are sentient, not mine.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SwordOfJustices

All it takes is a brain to be sentient.

So earthworms and clams are self-aware?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You DO know that Planned Parenthood isn't solely an abortion clinic right? I mean it isn't even close... It's like you guys bend over backwards to try your hardest to misunderstand anything to do with the left.
edit on 7-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Of course. All life are self aware. Heck, some scientists are starting to believe even sub atomic particles are self aware. After all, nerves are built from sub atomic particles and operate on the same quantum laws.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SwordOfJustices

Of course. All life are self aware. Heck, some scientists are starting to believe even sub atomic particles are self aware. After all, nerves are built from sub atomic particles and operate on the same quantum laws.

That seems to be a very broad definition of self-awareness and of sentience, but, you have a point.

However, a brain does not make an organism a legally recognized human being.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Planned Parenthood has just a much right to announce that it stands with "Dreamers" as Amazon, Google, Facebook, Starbucks, Microsoft and countless other huge corporations that have done the same.

edit on 7-9-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
Planned Parenthood has just a much right to announce that it stands with "Dreamers" as Amazon, Google, Facebook, Starbucks, Microsoft and countless other huge corporations that have done the same.

How quickly they forget.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Selective outrage, at its finest!

edit on 7-9-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Yep.

Dreamers have the right to live..... in their native countries, not the US.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

LOL... I am totally ok with abortion but this definitely proves somebody needs to be reading the statements before they come out.

ETA: yes, I realize it's not a popular opinion for conservatives, but it's my opinion. Still proves the left is full of denial.

I have to whole-heartedly agree. it is a very unpopular opinion, but one that I share

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

The brain isn't the requirement into be sentient, that was cognition. Worms and clams don't have brains like mentioned they would not be cognitive, while you could argue they are more sentient, they are merely moving chemical reactions, thought and self awareness are an important aspect of how sentient something is.

In either case the point is no thought, they have no thought. They don't even know what thought is. They know and feel nothing, a blank existance. That is how you describe non-sentience. A human in a coma has a brain too, but it's not sentient. Nothing other than wishful thinking. Cognition requires not only a brain, but a working one.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join