It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Should I Feel Bad for Illegals?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest
So you think America should have the right to strip other countries of hard-working, well-intentioned, and non-criminal people? Let them benefit their home countries, and give up this 'rip off the world' attitude.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I thought this post was about American domestic policy affecting non-citizens.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: StanFL
I thought this post was about American domestic policy affecting non-citizens.

Not citizens of other countries merely offering their view.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasteel

Would you mind citing the laws that made them illegal?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
You changed the reference to cover your error.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

You changed the reference to cover your error.

The person I was speaking with is from another country and does not reside here.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

So you think America should have the right to strip other countries of hard-working, well-intentioned, and non-criminal people? Let them benefit their home countries, and give up this 'rip off the world' attitude.

If those other countries wanted to keep their hard working, well-intentioned, and non-criminal people, they would allow free trade within their economies, and crack down on organized/violent crime and corruption within government. America has become an escape for those good people. To be honest, I know plenty of useless degenerate Americans who deserved to be rounded up and dumped into third world countries. We should hold a massive citizen trade.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Can you think of a way to help other, less fortunate countries, by sending them engineers, doctors, lawyers, etc.?

Sure, lets send our best professionals to Cuba and Venezuela , so that the Communist governments can confiscate their assets, imprison them, and starve them to death.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: scojak

You seem to have trouble grasping the fact that there was nothing she could actually do to get citizenship.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Sheye

In my area, Southern California, the illegals hang out at places like Home Depot and Lowes and get picked up by people looking for cheap and convenient labor.

Being paid under the table and creating a labor recruitment pool so large it drags down REAL wages. I can pretty much guarantee they don't pay taxes, lol...and most of that money is going back to Mexico or wherever.

Does that help those that struggle to keep up with the cost of living?

How many middle class citizens do you know that are working 2 to 3 jobs right now??

Granted, this economy is service driven currently, but if I can go down to Home Depot or Lowe's and pick up a guy to do $25 per hour work for $10 to $12 per hour, what incentive do employers have to pay a citizen true wages?

None.

That's exactly why the illegal labor pool needs to be drained.

It has always boggled me why they're permitted to hang out there and do that.

I guess corporate policy? One hand washes the other??

Certainly doesn't help citizens in certain fields find a good paying job.

It doesn't really work that way. If anyone was truly serious about solving illegal immigration the first place you start is cracking down on the people that hire them. Instead the politicans and corporate America have everyone bickering over anything else around the subject other than the primary issue.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

So if the government passes a law making them legal, you will accept them with open arms, correct?

I'd be ticked. These people chose to ignore the law, steal the identities of others to work, etc, and have no respect for our nation, as a rule. Meanwhile, people who want to come legally have to wait for years, and go through a long process, to be allowed to stay. Why should we reward criminals?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: KeliOnyx

You seem to not understand that she could have before she was discovered by the government and documented as an illegal.

Before that point she would have been the same as any other Mexican trying to gain citizenship.

Regarding Mexicans, is there nothing they can actually do to gain citizenship?

I think it's a pretty well known fact that they can... so you are wrong. She absolutely could have.

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join