It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Should I Feel Bad for Illegals?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

That's not quite what would happen. I honestly believe that you think you have the moral high ground and that my position is deplorable. I also believe that you believe it because you cannot conceive of the reality of what would happen if what you think was a good idea actually happened. You only need to look at the state of things right now for a taste of it.

You're actively promoting the idea of destruction of our countries and our way of life just to please people that can't look after themselves. We're at a tipping point now where what you and those like you think is a great idea will come to pass, or events unfold where you are stopped and that course is stopped. You've seen what happens when people get pissed off with your ideas, people like Trump get elected President of the United States of America. The man is a buffoon and completely incompetent but huge masses of people hate your ideas that much that they voted for him to be their President.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Jesus feeds five thousand (Luke 9: 12-17)
Late in the afternoon the twelve apostles came to Jesus and said, ‘Send the crowd to the villages and farms around here. They need to find a place to stay and something to eat.
Jesus answered, ‘You give them something to eat.’
But they replied, ‘We have only five small loaves of bread and two fish. If we are going to feed all these people, we will have to go and buy food.’ There were about five thousand men in the crowd.
Jesus took the five loaves and the two fish. He looked up toward heaven and blessed the food. Then he broke the bread and fish and handed them to his disciples to give to the people. Everyone ate all they wanted. What was left over filled twelve baskets.

That was a *miracle*

Unfortunately in current times we do not have miracles......we have to live in

reality

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: RoyBatty

I agree with you. However I think the easy path for these children should be conditional on truly kicking out all other illegals, making it so children of illegals born here don't get automatic citizenship, and preventing this situation occuring again.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

What's your address, we will let them stay with you.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   

How many poor people in the world are there? How many Americans? Now divide your property up so every poor person gets an equal share of your wealth. That's what you expect me to do, you first or are you a hypocrite?

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

How many poor people in the world are there? How many Americans? Now divide your property up so every poor person gets an equal share of your wealth. That's what you expect me to do, you first or are you a hypocrite?

The probability is that those who come are not of the poorest??

As people trafficers don't come cheap.

So they are buying into benefits, health care, housing etc. which is

not available to them where they have come from.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

That argument makes my argument win, as they are not poor, they have no need to come here.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: eletheia

That argument makes my argument win, as they are not poor, they have no need to come here.

That depends on how you measure poverty ....

Relative poverty, Absolute poverty, or extreme poverty?

To the immigrants coming in from under developed or third world countries ....

the streets of Europe/USA must appear paved with gold. And the fact of

benefits, housing etc handed on a plate must seem like *Shangri la*

I might appear rich to some, comfortable with no debt, but relatively poor

to the likes of the supermarket manager, any MP, or Richard Branson.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
There is a common thread amoung the fearful and the dumb...

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

So why not give them an easy path to citizenship? If they are fully integrated and have lived here peacefully since being kids then they should be able to easily get their citizenship especially considering the circumstances that lead to them being here. I'm sure most if not all would gladly go through the steps to gain citizenship.

"Why not..."??? Seriously? Because they are breaking the law!! They came illegally, they are either living off welfare, or illegally through crime, ID theft, etc. They are NOT "integrated". That they got away with the crime for years does not make it less of a crime.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: scojak

Im just way too excited to see an ATS member from the Bay Area. There is one righteous person in Sodom !

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   

So if the government passes a law making them legal, you will accept them with open arms, correct?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

So if the government passes a law making them legal, you will accept them with open arms, correct?
if the pass a law condoning pedophilia will you be for their release?

As of now they are not legal, are you the law being enforced?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You might look on the bright side of this. The deported person has a great education and experience here and should be able to do well in his home country. This massive benefit has not been given to most of the people in that country, so he should be quite happy for his good luck.
You might also feel good about the country he is going to, as it is getting a person who works hard (per your example), can achieve things, knows how to set goals and so on. You shouldn't just think that the US is the only country in the world and everything has to be for us. The country of origin may get a great benefit from this, without having to pay anything for it. Be happy for them, too. Maybe the person you exampled will start a new company there and hire many unemployed people and give them a good life instead of misery. Think of them, too.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Why do you think of getting a good education, a pleasant childhood, a lot of preparation for your future as being punished? It seems crazy. They can have a much better life in their origin country because of this, as compared with the parents staying there. No need to blame anybody, but instead to be happy about the benefits they received and the improved future life they will have.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
Certainly, as long as the path to citizenship is returning to their home country, applying for a US visa like the millions of legal immigrants do, and waiting for their turn in line. I have no problem with their following the legal path to citizenship, but don't want to insult all those who took the legal route by approving any cheating.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

This is silly.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Does having illegally snuck into the US mean that, if they went home involuntarily or voluntarly, they couldn't apply for a visa leading to citizenship?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Like when your parents send you away to school. The punishment may seem like a blessing ten years from now.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Can you think of a way to help other, less fortunate countries, by sending them engineers, doctors, lawyers, etc.?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join