It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keys Emergency Manager: “You Must Evacuate, You Cannot Afford To Stay”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The Florida Keys must evacuate !!

Orders coming from Monroe County.

State of Emergency declared !!

Key West International Airport closing Wednesday night.

Get out while you can.

Keys Emergency Manager: “You Must Evacuate, You Cannot Afford To Stay”

MARATHON (CBSMiami) – Evacuation orders are being given in the Florida Keys as Monroe County emergency managers prepare for Hurricane Irma.

Key West International Airport will close Wednesday night, cancelling all commercial flights until further notice.

A State of Local Emergency was declared for Monroe County on Tuesday afternoon.

Traffic is building on the overseas highway as locals and tourists get out of the keys ahead of an evacuation order.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Rip conch republic

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The order to evacuate is "Mandatory" and all, but some refuse, won't, or can't.

Interesting, wonder how many homes will be searched while people are gone, to insure compliance of course.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Id youre into extreme sports, to save on gas money wait till the last minute, put on water wings and life vest, tie a 20 foot tarp around your waste and climb onto the roof.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Or...

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I lived in Coral Gables (Miami) from 75'-'80....there never used to be this severe of weather back then. Tropical storms season yeah....wild ones too...but the hurricanes since those days are unbelievable.

If anyone is left between Key West and Marathon Keys alone...they are as good as gone now. Pray for them friends.

God Bless all in Irma's way.....:/

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That was supposed to be about hurricane Camille. I remember that storm even though I was very young and didn't live anywhere near where it hit. It was on the news.
The first storm I do remember being in is Donna in 1960 and I was only three years old but it took down a big tree in our yard and I remember that. I lived in N.Y. city then. Lefforts Blvd. In Queens

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

It seems to be like that. A period of increased activity then slow seasons. The nineties was more active than the first decade of the twenty first century now it seems we are moving into increased activity again.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Id youre into extreme sports, to save on gas money wait till the last minute, put on water wings and life vest, tie a 20 foot tarp around your waste and climb onto the roof.

I am....

Hurricanes also produce some beautiful shore breaks. Not for Barney's or Grommets....

edit on 6-9-2017 by olaru12 because: hi brenda!!

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Shades of the 1935 Labor Day hurricane

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: intrptr

That was supposed to be about hurricane Camille. I remember that storm even though I was very young and didn't live anywhere near where it hit. It was on the news.
The first storm I do remember being in is Donna in 1960 and I was only three years old but it took down a big tree in our yard and I remember that. I lived in N.Y. city then. Lefforts Blvd. In Queens

I think the biggest fear is that the hurricane won't have lost so much force when it hits Florida, most of the islands it has hit...and by all accounts very bad damage, all those islands are pretty small.
I think everybody should get OTF now. Another possibility is that the terrific amount of rain and water expected, could eventually cause sinkholes if the pressure of the water weakens the caverns around that area.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

This storm so reminds me of a Humphrey Bogart movie........but I can't remember the name of the movie, and it had another great old actor in it who was a gangster and they're holed up in this villa on the Keys when a hurricane hits.

Wish I could remember the name.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I can't even imagine what the traffic is going to be like - everyone stuck on those long bridges.

That's scary - even without Irma!

peace

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

This storm so reminds me of a Humphrey Bogart movie........but I can't remember the name of the movie, and it had another great old actor in it who was a gangster and they're holed up in this villa on the Keys when a hurricane hits.

Key Largo with Edward G Robinson, Lauren Becall
edit on 6-9-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Friends in Naples loaded semi and headed north this morning

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Most of my family are over 60 and have health issues...they've all bugged out to Virginia by today. My mother however is going to stay in Port Charlotte at the hospital (which I guess is about as safe as it gets). Our Orlando shop is shutting down and all our shows as well as our hardest to replace gear is being moved out. They expect damage...

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Potential sinkholes are a big concern for the area.

Hope everyone who can get out does. Irma seems to have her eye on Southern Flrida and is coming with a wicked vengeance.

Good luck to all in affected areas, and those in line of the storm!

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Well..
The people in the area cannot say they have not been warned in time..

The story about Irma have been out for a week now

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Key largo.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Irma is being discussed here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

join