It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bug Out !!! - Coronal Mass Ejection

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Nyiah

For further reference, it is not a solar flare which may be problematic. In fact, a solar flare in an of itself has little affect on the Earth's surface.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's all those crazy bastards bugging out that will be the issue....lol

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

a reply to: HappyFisherman

I can catch fish. And other things.
The mango and papaya thing was more about coast haole perceptions of what to expect.

It would be like Lord of the Flies in days with them. If anything ever happened that required me to 'bug out', I'd stay right where I was, unless I specifically needed to leave like if it was a tsunami or volcano or something.

People have this bizarre movie version view of how they think it will go. It won't be like Red Dawn but will be like Lord of the Flies. Not even because they'll starve or thirst, they won't be able to handle not showering and are incapable of survival in the places they think they should bug out to.

They'll instantly join of a horde of what people already living in the areas they are bugging out to will consider the enemy and will be fair game for a bullet, or something more brutal.

Screw that, I'm saying hope where the solar shower and baby wipes are and where the stinky masses of unwashed, complaining, hungry, clueless targets aren't.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Look like very good chance off Northern Light tonight

Northern Light forecast
here more info
SolorHam

or

FaceBook
edit on 7-9-2017 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Trillium

I am so peeved it is still smoky here. I just saw the KP index hit 8 a few minutes ago.
Still waiting to experience my first aurora....* sigh *.
edit on 9/7/2017 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Ya bummer at work now to

SolarHam web site

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Hey fellow ATS. Aurora strongly possible as far south as Virginia right now. Get away from city lights.
Photos already posting of strong aurora in Scotland.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

You know that Hawaii produces, not a lot of its own anything. Right?
Live on mangoes and papayas? Is that your plan?

You forgot the one other thing they produce, coffee!! *sips coffee*

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: jvm222

so papaya , mango and coffee ???

one wonders just how the precussor independant island civilisations of the kingdom of hawaii survived in almost total isolation [ pree cook ] for hundreds of years with next to zero external trade // imports

/sarcasm

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

After the first voyagers arrived and eliminated a good number of existent species (Notably several large, flightless birds. Easy pickins!), a very rigid social system developed over perhaps a thousand years. Feudalistic, it gave the mo'i and ali`i supreme power over the maka`ainana. Breaking a kapu (many of which were about maintaining sustainability) could bring a death sentence. Eat one of the king's special fish and be clubbed to death.

But vast engineering projects, in the form of fishponds and lo`i (for the cultivation of kalo) did indeed enable a large population to flourish.

Thing is, there are nearly a million people on Oahu now. Far, far from being self sufficient. Could it be? Perhaps, back to feudalism! And get rid of electricity and stuff. Hey, then there would be no problem from geomagnetic storms!

edit on 9/8/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join