It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excalibur ‘confirmed’: 7yo girl finds ‘King Arthur’s sword’ in Cornish lake

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

What if Charlemagne stole the idea of a special named sword from King Arthur?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

The thinking here is, that Arthur himself was not an actual person, or at least, not the person we hear of today in even the slightest regard, and that the entire Arthurian mythos is based on the life and adventures, not to mention accomplishments of Charlamagne.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   

It's a bitchin tale. Magic and intrigue and betrayal and loyalty and guilt and regret and love.

What the hell else could you ask for? Too bad the Bard didn't know the story. Or did he?

edit on 9/6/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I know!

I loved hearing those tales of daring do, and chivalry, and good swordsmanship, and plenty a brilliant film has come about, from that mythical pool of potential. No matter its falsehood, its a damned appealing myth.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Are you telling me a Frenchman (for intents and purposes) motivated the English in one-up-manship over how magical and glorious their king was?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   

As are most. No matter the culture which produces them.
All myth springs from an understanding of what it means to be human and thus, strikes deep. The older the tale, the better it is told. Refined over the ages.

edit on 9/6/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   

I am absolutely suggesting that.

Hehe!

You know those ancient kings... such fragile egos! Easily done, that sort of mind game, for chaps of that sort.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
www.rt.com...

A seven-year-old girl literally felt a legend coming to life as she unearthed a huge sword from the same lake King Arthur’s Excalibur was said to have been thrown. A sceptical father, however, said he does not believe in the sword’s fabled origins. Matilda Jones from Doncaster in the UK found the 4-feet (1.2-meter) sword when she went swimming in Dozmary Pool in Cornwall. Matilda’s father, Paul, had just told her and her sister about the legend of King Arthur as they drove to the lake. The two were paddling in the lake when Matilda is said to have made the discovery. "She was only waist deep when she said she could see a sword,” Paul told the Star. "I told her not to be silly and it was probably a bit of fencing, but when I looked down I realised it was a sword. It was just there lying flat on the bottom of the lake."

Unfortunately I cannot post any further info as I am on my company computer. However, if someone would kindly post the picture that has been placed on Twitter, I would be very grateful .

Merlin is living down the road from me... really !
Honest he is really... looks really old though

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

www.atlasobscura.com...

The sword King Arthur pulled from the stone in legend was likely just that–legendary. This sword, with a story equally as unbelievable, actually exists in Tuscany’s Montesiepi Chapel.

In one vision, Michael told Giudotti to renounce all of his earthly possessions. He responded that this would be as difficult as splitting a stone, and to prove his point, thrust his sword into a rock. To his surprise, the sword went through the impenetrable surface as though it was water. Shortly after, an errant horse led Giudotti to the very hilltop that had appeared in his visions, where he was moved to plant a cross. Not having any wood handy, he plunged his sword into a rock, just as he had in the vision, where it was embedded for all time. One year later Giudotti died, and in 1185 Pope Lucius the 3rd declared him a saint, and the Montesiepi Chapel was built up around it.

A few years back I had some strange visions, perhaps symptoms of bipolarity and related the sword in the stone to the Angels of the Ark; two stones, two Angels, who are used like swords in battle by the Hebrews. I entertained all manner of fancy about the stones still existing, separated. It led me on a fascinating archaeological journey and learning experience that ended up with the Black Stone at MECCA (Space Rock) and Lingam stones in India.

There is an old Lingam kept in the Vatican. It is very old. There is said to have been one that was at Jerusalem/ is still at Jerusalem?

I have sometimes wondered whether there is a relationship between the rocks from space and the Ten Commandments tablets? May be the commandments on the stone where divine writing and not actual writing on meteorite rocks? The Ark definitely has some reality to it. It is one of the strangest archeological phenomena.

Lingam stones are shaped like phalusses. If you consider that the Domes of Mosques look like circumcised willies, that to Islam and Judaism circumcision is a sacred male duty and that Lingams have been used since ancient times it is not so hard to entertain the potential influence of Lingams upon Mosque architecture as the people and the ideas are Persian in origin. In ancient Greek culture there are similar stones: "Omphaloi".

Yes, Arthur led me to Josepeh of Arimethea "Ar-thea", to Lingams, to Jerusalem, to MECCA. Sometimes myths are very inspiring and an initiation into certain ancient concepts.

Lingam

A look at the curved, oval, iconic representation of Shiva Lingam placed on a globular base, which is found in the Sanctum Sanctorum (Garbhagraha) of all Shiva temples, has given rise to diverse explanations, without comprehending the scientific truths revealed by the ancient Hindu sages. The practice of worshipping Shiva Lingam as the holy symbol of Lord Shiva exists since time immemorial and crosses all boundaries. Read on to know some mind-blowing theories…

Black Meteor Stone at MECCA. Still worshiped by billions today.

en.wikipedia.org...

Common universal links, perhaps? Too complex to do anything more than touch on this in an ATS post, just an invitation to explore and to realize the power that myths and legends still have to initiate real learning and relationship with the past.

The Sword in the Stone? It just so happens that I am writing from Penwith, Cornwall, where we have stones of our own. It is regular Merlin land here with still some of the magic whispered through the air in the night.

Men An Tol (just up the road from where I live).

"Everybody must get stoned...Like a Rolling Stone" (Bob Dylan).

edit on 6-9-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
It's a film prop...end of the story.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Mine too. I thought wow The lady of the lake chose a woman this time.

Oh well.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I made tiny foot prints with a shoe from a Ken doll. I made tiny wreaths from tiny thyme flowers in places I wanted my son to look for fairies and elves when he was little.
It was a game we played.
He's studying to be an architect now while holding down a full time job and is happily married for ten years so certainly no harm done.
I played make believe with all my kids and they grew up well adjusted.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

No if she didn't have an interest she wouldn't fake it.
She must like spending time with dad. That's the clue you're doing things right.
My youngest moved out about a year ago but he comes by a few times a week and texts me a few time a week just to say hi. He likes cooking and comes over to cook with me. He even brings the food now.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Or badges.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

My sword is named Fury.
Eighteen inch double edge with a Celtic knot design handle.
There is a ritual for purifying a blade for magic that requires you to bury it point down in the earth on the night of the new moon. I wonder if that derives from the Arthur tales?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Reverbs

Not if you know what you're doing.
Occasionally, yes. Always, no.
Unless you're noodling.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

You forgot sex. Then I'm reminded of that story where Lancelot was charged with guarding Guenivere and was given the key to her chastity belt to hold. As Arthur departed the castle Lancelot could be heard yelling from Gueniveres chamber window.... "Arthur...it's the wrong key!"

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

The early monarchy was a regular Lord of the flies tale as these kings and queens were mere teenagers when the married and ruled. No wonder they were always at war. They were full of raging hormones.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Every party has a pooper.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join