It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potentially another hurricane forming in the Gulf of Mexico

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

Katia, eh? Sounds Russian. Will the MSM now come in and claim the Russians are starting hurricanes, and colluding with President Trump to create disasters?

Alright, politics aside, people in affected areas, please listen to warnings! If you have foolish politicians, you can still choose to leave, if it seems prudent. Very concerned about Florida right now.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: violet

Katia, eh? Sounds Russian. Will the MSM now come in and claim the Russians are starting hurricanes, and colluding with President Trump to create disasters?

That's kinda shameful, ya know? Time to rethink your default settings.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
violet:

There's some discussion going on that it may join forces with Irma and/or Jose.

Indeed. Ideally (in terms of 'lesser of two evils'), you want Katia to move North-eastwards out into the Gulf sea and offer some token resistance to Irma from entering the Gulf. The problem is the direction of circular motion of both Katia and Irma. Katia is clockwise and Irma is counter-clockwise, so the potential for merging is there. Irma could steal the heat from Katia and regain strength, and drive Katia either out-of-business entirely, or nudge Katia south-eastwards.

I have this feeling that Irma will enter the Gulf, regain strength and hit New Orleans as a cat 4? I hope I am wrong.

You got ahold of some good smoke this week, ElysiumFire!

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Sure seems like we are getting hammered this year.

No Global Warming - warmer and higher seas - nope - all is well ....

Oh and the west isn't going up in flames - either ..... all is well ...

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

Not if you live in the areas hit hard by the Hurricane.

I would think this is not as related to global warming as they want us to believe. A combination of many things might be pertinent to consider. Altering the way energy flows on this planet could possibly cause an increase, we do a lot to change energy flow. I would tend to believe cutting the rainforest has some impact on this. They mentioned that preserving the rainforest to stabalize the environment was important when I was young. They may have been right with that.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

The earth gets warmer and cooler. It has done so for eons. It will continue to do so after mankind is gone.

The problem for humans is that we refuse to understand how minor our influence is.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Not if you live in the areas hit hard by the Hurricane.

I would think this is not as related to global warming as they want us to believe. A combination of many things might be pertinent to consider. Altering the way energy flows on this planet could possibly cause an increase, we do a lot to change energy flow. I would tend to believe cutting the rainforest has some impact on this. They mentioned that preserving the rainforest to stabalize the environment was important when I was young. They may have been right with that.

That's what I always heard as well. The Amazon rainforest being the most important. That was when deforestation began to be talked about and they started saying for every tree we cut down we plant another
edit on 6-9-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

I still have this thing when faced with wasted paper or excessive cardboard packaging, where I think what a waste of a good tree. I still write on both sides of a sheet of paper lol. It's ingrained into me.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Hurricane Katia update:
KATIA STRENGTHENING SLOWLY... ...HURRICANE WATCH EXTENDED NORTHWARD TO CABO ROJO...

10:00 PM CDT Wed Sep 6
Status Category 1
Moving: ESE at 2 mph
Min pressure: 989 mb
Max sustained: 80 mph
edit on 7-9-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Update on hurricane Katia

7:00 AM CDT Thu Sep 7
Status Category 1
Moving: Stationary
Min pressure: 983 mb
Max sustained: 81 mph

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: F4guy
You are playing the same lying game that many climate change deniers engage in.

I won't call it lying games but I remember after Katrina how the climate change acceptors (opposite of deniers) said to expect this to happen every year from now on with even worse storms. I don't claim the climate isn't changing. I just don't think its man-made or that we can stop it or that we're near total destruction of life as we know it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join