It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young immigrant files lawsuit challenging Trump administration's DACA decision

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Most DACA recipients have been here for decades. They've gone through background checks, graduated high school and gotten good paying jobs. They've voluntarily gone to the government and said, 'I'm illegal, I've been here since I was a child, here is my proof.'

The government did their detective work, determined that what they said was true and said, 'you're not in danger of being deported for 2 years.' Whereby the government is deferring the action of deportation to focus on actual dangerous and threatening illegal immigrants.

It stands for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals and has the following guidelines.

Were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012;

Came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;

Have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, up to the present time;

Were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making your request for consideration of deferred action with USCIS;

Had no lawful status on June 15, 2012;

Are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States; and

Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor,or three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.

edit on 6-9-2017 by links234 because: bad code

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Oh look, 15 states are suing the Trump Administration over DACA!

States Sue Trump Administration In Attempt To Overturn DACA Elimination

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

They should spend all that money on a Congress "Lobby" effort !!

Something tells me they (the "protesters") don't really want a law.

Hmmm.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

DACA is an EO, not a law. Any president can overturn any previous president's EO.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: tulermank

Uhm, I never said DACA was a law, and my link is to an article about a lawsuit, not a law.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

6 months is enough long for due process. If Congress refuses to save them from deportation within 6 months, then they should blame Congress for being a do nothing body.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Immigrant or illegal? If he's an immigrant, this shouldn't be a concern for him. If he's illegal (which it appears he is), does he expect the cops to give him a thumbs up after robbing a bank too? What part of illegal is hard for people to understand?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aegeus
a reply to: xuenchen

Immigrant or illegal? If he's an immigrant, this shouldn't be a concern for him. If he's illegal (which it appears he is), does he expect the cops to give him a thumbs up after robbing a bank too? What part of illegal is hard for people to understand?

He is an approved DACA Dreamer.

For now at least.

But I bet he has some "other IDs" ready to go if he gets in "trouble".

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join