It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young immigrant files lawsuit challenging Trump administration's DACA decision

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: windword
There has to be another avenue for children brought here illegally by their parents to obtain legal citizenship. If not then they should set up a program to initiate the process. To me, it makes more sense then trying fight a bunch of lawsuits.

I know victims that have received help obtaining citizenship, and they have had the process expedited. A process set in place to fix an existing problem.

At U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, we contribute to the Department of Homeland Security’s effort to combat human trafficking by providing immigration relief for victims. USCIS helps protect victims by offering visas for them to stay legally in the United States while assisting law enforcement in the investigation or prosecution of the trafficker.

preview.dhs.gov...
edit on 5-9-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I know victims that have received help obtaining citizen, and they have had the process expedited.

That's good to know. I've been retired from working/waitressing for some time now, but when I was working, I worked with a lot of kids that had been here illegally since they were toddlers. One of them, Jose, was 23 and had been working under a false ID for years, and wouldn't qualify for DACA for that reason. There are a lot of kids like that too.

It kinda reminds me of the lost children of China, the kids born when they weren't supposed to be, and are not allowed a legal birth certificate, citizenship, an education or a job.

edit on 5-9-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
So are we going to have every tourist that visits this country suing the United States because they want to stay here illegally?

We have had immigration laws on the books for a long time and even in the eighteen hundreds, there were rules governing immigration.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
a reply to: WUNK22

Non-citizen's in the United States have the right to keep and bear arms, yes. That comes with limits on those rights though. The SCOTUS has never weighed in on the subject.

Non-Citizens Have a Right to Bear Arms -- With 1 Major Catch

While the right to bear arms extends to unauthorized non-citizens in the U.S., the Second Amendment also allows for limits. That includes a federal law banning unauthorized immigrants and nonimmigrant visa holders from possessing firearms, the court concluded.

So...they have the right but it's illegal for them to exercise that right.

Better to apologize for exercising limited rights, than ending up attending a loved one's funeral, or worst, dead.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Anyone can sue anyone over anything....
Dont mean it isnt frivolous
Hope it is a loser pays State.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: WUNK22
Can they have a firearm?a reply to: windword

That would depend on the state that they reside in, among other things. But, they certainly have the right to self defense; "The rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness", and equal protection under the law.

These are self evident truths, all (hu)men(s) are created equal.

The constitution specificaLLY STATES its for the people of these united states. They have th erights you say IF they are here LEGAllY(except equal treatment under law thats universal)
YOu argued this in another thread already.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Apparently, it needs to be preached from the mountain top! The US Constitution doesn't bestow rights. It protects inalienable "god given" rights, like life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, because we hold these rights/truths to be self evident, that ALL (hu)men(s) are created equal!

The US Constitution limits the government's ability to intrude on those inalienable rights.

edit on 6-9-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

If we are not created by a creator do we lose all our right as they would no longer be self evident God Given rights?
edit on 6-9-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

It's certainly false that all humans are created equal.

It's certainly true that Americans are created more than Kenyans. Most Kenyans can't eat a hamburger their entire lives. Americans eat hamburgers just about every day.

Syrians are trapped in war every day because Syria is a proxy nation. Americans never see war in their entire lives because America is a master nation.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: tulermank

And it would seem you simply do not understand what it means, because none of that precludes them from being created equal.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Hey. I'm an atheist. I don't believe in a god.

If you consider all humans are created equal, you might as well consider all life are created equal. There is nothing special about humans compared to other animals or even other life forms. Those who do are just as racist as white people who think whites are special because whites make machines like jet engines that no other race can make.

What is human? What is not human? In the past in America blacks weren't even considered humans.
edit on 6-9-2017 by tulermank because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

You can think whatever you like, but your examples showing how people are NOT created equal does not show that.

A dog is not human, sorry.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

That is your opinion. In my opinion a dog is a human.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tulermank

That is your opinion. In my opinion a dog is a human.

It's not an opinion, it's a scientific fact. You may have the opinion a dog is equal to a human, but its not a human, fact.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

If we are not created by a creator do we lose all our right as they would no longer be self evident God Given rights?

The Declaration of Independence doesn't validate the Biblical god. It speaks of "Nature's God". Everybody believes in nature.
edit on 6-9-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: yuppa

Apparently, it needs to be preached from the mountain top! The US Constitution doesn't bestow rights. It protects inalienable "god given" rights, like life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, because we hold these rights/truths to be self evident, that ALL (hu)men(s) are created equal!

The US Constitution limits the government's ability to intrude on those inalienable rights.

I disagree. The U.S. Constitution narrows/restricts 'natural rights' (inalienable rights). All 'positive law' does, and the Constitution is 'positive law.'

Natural law/rights are not written/legislated.

The Constitution serves as a social compact. In exchange for giving up certain (amounts) of liberties and freedoms, we are guaranteed the protection of certain Constitutional rights so that government can 'protect' us.

You are essentially arguing that the Declaration of Independence is the U.S. Constitution. It is not.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Nature is cruel. Millions of animals every day suffer from death caused by illness, old age, predation, accidents, hunting. If there is a god you would like to worship, it would not be nature god.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

The Declaration of Independence put's forth the philosophy on which our nation is founded, inalienable rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. But, you are correct, the US Constitution basically outlines the how, the why and when the government can infringe on those inalienable rights.

Due Process is a good example of that.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
If the guy filing the lawsuit is 26 doesn't that pretty much guarantee he either came as an adult or entered the US illegally before DACA.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

The English killed off the native Americans. Life for the conqueror. Death for the conquered. It has always been this way. Like you say, it is nature.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join