It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Univ of Alaska findings on WTC 7

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrBig2430

originally posted by: Salander
a reply to: Jacobu12

Some people do very well understand the purpose for having a fire code.

Yes.

The purpose is to prevent buildings from collapsing long enough for occupants to get out, and fire fighters to get at it, cuz contrary to truther beliefs ordinary office fires can collapse steel framed high rises.

If you disagree, explain the purpose of the steel insulation.

My understanding is that it prevents the steel from heating up to collapse temps.

Do any of you conspiracy believers think any differently?

In broad terms, the purpose of a fire code is to minimize fire damage. Part of what it does is demand inflammable materials be used, as we do in airplane interiors. Use of fire retardants and such, not storing flammable materials inside buildings, etc.

Underwriters Laboratories conducts tests on materials, checking for flammability and heat resistance and many other qualities sought in the material with which we build our buildings.

Such fire codes are part of the reason that there is no example of fire bringing down modern structures.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: cyberjedi
It baffles me as to how many studies are needed to conclude what is so blatantly the case with tower 7, controlled demolition.

It's laughable and scary at the same time. I mean it blatantly out there, we know what happened, yet as long as certain higher ups cover their eyes nothing will get done. It's also an embarrassment.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrBig2430

a reply to: Jacobu12

Some people do very well understand the purpose for having a fire code.

Yes.

The purpose is to prevent buildings from collapsing long enough for occupants to get out, and fire fighters to get at it, cuz contrary to truther beliefs ordinary office fires can collapse steel framed high rises.

If you disagree, explain the purpose of the steel insulation.

My understanding is that it prevents the steel from heating up to collapse temps.

Do any of you conspiracy believers think any differently?

In broad terms, the purpose of a fire code is to minimize fire damage. Part of what it does is demand inflammable materials be used, as we do in airplane interiors. Use of fire retardants and such, not storing flammable materials inside buildings, etc.

Underwriters Laboratories conducts tests on materials, checking for flammability and heat resistance and many other qualities sought in the material with which we build our buildings.

Yep.

And insulation on the steel serves what purpose?

Such fire codes are part of the reason that there is no example of fire bringing down modern structures.

Yeah, those engineers know their job.

You don't.
edit on 13-9-2017 by MrBig2430 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

Ill send you these two links in regards to the fireproofing at the WTC complexs:

Fireproofing Failure

Poor fireproofing at WTC likely cause

If you want to dig for a real conspiracy, I would start here! I think professionals trying to hide substandard fireproofing and underestimating the fireloads of the offices should provide more meaningful pursuit of the truth, instead of chasing lasers, and fizzled bombs, hushabooms, thermite paints and fake planes.
edit on 9/13/2017 by GenRadek because: forgot a word dang it

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Again Gruber...???

Somebody forgot to tell this building......

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: GenRadek

Ill send you these two links in regards to the fireproofing at the WTC complexs:

Fireproofing Failure

If you want to dig for a real conspiracy, I would start here! I think professionals trying to hide substandard fireproofing and underestimating the fireloads of the offices should provide more meaningful pursuit of the truth, instead of chasing lasers, and fizzled bombs, hushabooms, thermite paints and fake planes.

Thanks for that. I'm not really digging for a real conspiracy--a very large and well planned and executed conspiracy found me on September 11, 2001. It was beautifully done, and fire proofing at WTC had absolutely nothing to do with it.

It was complex, with numerous goals, all of which were achieved, it appears.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: samkent

I guess unless you believe airplanes caused the buildings to "collapse" then everything else is speculation.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: UB2120
a reply to: samkent

I guess unless you believe airplanes caused the buildings to "collapse" then everything else is speculation.

Like how individuals address your concerns and questions. But you ignore questions addressed to you...

Wouldn't the vaporization of cars and buildings result in skin and lung injuries by burns.

Wouldn't the vaporization of building material cause a huge up draft of gas that would condense and crystalize into structured matrixes . Not a falling dust cloud of mechanically produced dust totally different and distinguishable under magnification.

How about you post an actual example of the phenomena, and let's start from there.

You mean cars that caught on fire from the smoldering ruble of the towers. Are you talking about cars at ground level, inline with unscathed telephone poles, trees, overpasses, tall buildings that should have been in the line of sight of the energy weapon. An energy weapon the could harness and transmit the energy output equivalent to 100,000,000 of the worlds most powerful lasers. A weapon that probably would weigh more than 5 cargo ships?

edit on 16-9-2017 by neutronflux because: Fixed a bit

edit on 16-9-2017 by neutronflux because: Fix more

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Some individuals are able to formulate and ask intelligent and relevant questions, others not so much.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

In broad terms, the purpose of a fire code is to minimize fire damage.

You are wrong.

Fire Code. NFPA 1, Fire Code, advances fire and life safety for the public and first responders as well as property protection by providing a comprehensive, integrated approach to fire code regulation and hazard management.

Safety first.
Property last.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I'm not really digging for a real conspiracy--a very large and well planned and executed conspiracy found me on September 11, 2001. It was beautifully done, and fire proofing at WTC had absolutely nothing to do with it.

It was complex, with numerous goals, all of which were achieved, it appears.

Large and complex means a lot of people involved.
And none of them have shown any guilt or remorse?
That's not human nature.
One or two may be able to keep a secret.
But not hundreds or thousands.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Some individuals are able to formulate and ask intelligent and relevant questions, others not so much.

False narrative, conspiracists keep asking the same questions that are repeatedly answered. It seems the truth movement cannot handle the truth and physics? Sorry you side with the con artists like Wood, Jones, Gage, and Griffin than people that dig through the actual evidence. People with real discernment. People that want to limit the damage to truth by conspiracists that exploit 9/11 for book sales and notoriety. It doesn't help the truth movement is fractured and cannot even cite evidence of CD, Nukes, lasers, holograms, thermite paint, thermite ceiling tiles, fizzle no flash bombs, Dustification, rebar covered in C-4, fire extinguisher bombs.........

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Yep.

And since you advocate nukes in NYC, EVERYONE knows that you belong in the " not so much" group.

Even your fellow 9/11 was an inside jobby job conspiracy believers put nuke believers in this group.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
A light hearted look at the building 7 collapse, worth the 4 minutes to watch

edit on 17-9-2017 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: GenRadek

Fireproofing Failure

Thanks for that. I'm not really digging for a real conspiracy--.

None of you conspiracy believers are.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBig2430

Humans conspire, frequently.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Humans conspire, frequently.

You miss my point.

The "truther" conspiracies are just plain nuts.

Doesn't mean that the various official reports aren't - to quote you from another thread - a CYA exercise.

IMHO the 9/11 commission report was a cya for Clinton Bush FBI CIA etc. that's a possible REAL conspiracy that doesn't require a large amount of mental impairment.

Same with the NIST reports. A cya for questionable construction techniques like allowing for weaker trusses in the towers cuz whether they would of sagged if they were stronger hasn't been addressed.

MY realistic conspiracies vs YOUR insane ones like nukes and no planes and switched planes and you lying about an eyewitness to the Shanksville crash etc.

If you nutjobs would just refocus your energies on something that's not insane there's no telling what could be exposed.

But nope.

I mean, I get it. If you're not nuts but merely acting outrageous to keep the conversation going, then you're an activist, and not really interested in honest debate. IOW, trolling in a misguided attempt at...... something.

Pretty sad.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Maybe we're closer than we think? I completely agree with you that Bush, Clinton and Obama serve the same masters, and that is NOT the American taxpayer.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Maybe we're closer than we think? I completely agree with you that Bush, Clinton and Obama serve the same masters, and that is NOT the American taxpayer.

Perhaps.

But the road you take there takes one through crazy town.

My road goes through politics and power.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Truth is stranger than fiction, ya know?

Crazy Town is believing the statements of known liars.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join