It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irreducible complexity and Evolution

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Any scale your religionist heart desires.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I gues our universe Works much like the Flagellum. It would not work unless all the Properties were present and set up exactly as is. And guided by a universal Law....a set of instructions. A set of instructions science can not ignore ever.

Irreducible complexity applies to the entire cosmos, everything is interdependent on everything else at some level, we are a unity, how could it be otherwise?

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Have you seen the video? That thing, as ive come to understand, serves to propel the bacteria. therefor the comparison to a motor, and so it is called 'the flaggerar motor'.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Great.

What if take away your intelect/mind. Would you still have the same functions, Or would they be very reduced?

Or lets take way Your ability to remember. How would your day be, would you be able to be active on this site?

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: kennyb72

I gues our universe Works much like the Flagellum. It would not work unless all the Properties were present and set up exactly as is. And guided by a universal Law....a set of instructions. A set of instructions science can not ignore ever.

Irreducible complexity applies to the entire cosmos, everything is interdependent on everything else at some level, we are a unity, how could it be otherwise?

Well, it sure would not be like how we oberve it today. We might not even be present to have a argument about it

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: cyberjedi

And they can also work as something else. Such as exporting proteins.

This explains it

That's IC debunked. Again.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: cyberjedi

Fair enough, so you ,way back, have lineage with mice, ants, birds, horses, seems credible.

Not only is that true, but we also share about 50% DNA with bananas and about 25% with rice. It's amazing how things change over millions and billions of years right?

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

Great.

What if take away your intelect/mind. Would you still have the same functions, Or would they be very reduced?

Or lets take way Your ability to remember. How would your day be, would you be able to be active on this site?

Take away my mind and I'd still be a person, just a dead person.

Take away my memory and I'd still be a person, just one who can't remember.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Have you seen the video? That thing, as ive come to understand, serves to propel the bacteria. therefor the comparison to a motor, and so it is called 'the flaggerar motor'.

What is your obsession with people seeing your video? We've all heard the IC argument before. You aren't pushing any new groundbreaking ideas here. This is an old hat argument that has been done to death here and just about any spot on the internet that discusses this topic. I know the motor argument. It is ridiculous. Humans invented motors for a specific purpose. Cows weren't invented to go moo and produce milk for human consumption.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I'm wondering if those arguing for IC fully understand what it is.

It's almost like the op found a video and went "YAY! God!"

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

Great.

You tell us. Are people kept alive on life support or those suffering from dementia still humans?

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

The OP already admitted that he was discarding parts of evolutionary theory to pitch his argument on page 1. Thus what you just said is exactly what I expected of him. When you start off by willingly strawmaning evolution, you've already lost the argument.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

True.

But on the previous page, he agrees evolution occurs (the bacteria experiment video).

It's either IC or evolution. You really can't have both.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

well you questioned why we refer to it as a motor, and so i explained it to you. You required explaining, so i figured maybe you hadnt seen the video.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Nice

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

well you questioned why we refer to it as a motor, and so i explained it to you. You required explaining, so i figured maybe you hadnt seen the video.

I know why we refer to it as a motor. I never questioned that. I explained why IC isn't a valid theory and why it isn't a logically sound argument to compare the development process of a machine to the development process of a lifeform.
edit on 8-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

We cant have both? Says who?

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

This explains it

This article does not debunk IC.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

We cant have both? Says who?

This just proves you don't know what IC is lol.

Thanks for playing. I'm sure there's a special participation medal somewhere for you.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

This explains it

This article does not debunk IC.

Yeah it does. It's just you obviously don't know what IC is.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join