It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irreducible complexity and Evolution

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Oy no evolutionist here
Scientist! SCIENTIST. Also Religious, just not Abrahamic or creationist.

Stop using evolutionist guys, it makes us seem like idiots. Its not a real word to describe what people are using it for. Its for Creationists to seem special .... they are not.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: cyberjedi

Because neighbour, Monkeys are not the closest relative to Homo Sapiens. Chimps are. Chimps are apes. If you do not know the difference between the two... offer a Chimp a banana. Walk into the enclosure at a Zoo and try that

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

I was trying to make a point of calling him a "religionist" as he uses "evolutionist".

But as you've seen, the poster can't get to grips with what evolution is, so I expect the word "evolutionist" to be used by him again.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: cyberjedi
a reply to: cyberjedi

Why dont we see any species of monkeys that are halfway into evolving into humans. Someway somehow one species (or multiple species) of monkeys got to evolve into humans at the same time, while leaving the other monkeys untouched. I'd say this alone would indicate intervention from an unknown source.

Why??? What's the need for some unknown source to get from some earlier primate to Human???

If nature was able to make it all the way to that point on it's own why does there have to be some intervention to go that next step??? It makes no sense.

Once again you're saying "Well, I can't figure out how something could happen, so therefor God did it."

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I know, the word is just an abomination
I'm also a Thermodynamicist, and by all the gods am I an SN1 and SN2 ist

That poster needs to go back to a decent school (say a commonwealth one) and sit in a biology class for a while

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Well lets be clear, we've got a good idea for a few million years how we got to Human... its the jump from earlier primates we don't quite have. Well don't have the fossils. We've got the proof in the DNA

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

A person who uses the word "evolutionist", speaks about humans coming from monkeys and believe Ken Ham going back to school to learn something?

That's wishful thinking.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Hmm perhaps one of those charter schools where they beat students still?

Yeah I know, I'm not 100% sure cyberJedi is not trolling to be fair. I mean CyberJedi? Wow here I though Jedi did some learning

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

Well lets be clear, we've got a good idea for a few million years how we got to Human... its the jump from earlier primates we don't quite have. Well don't have the fossils. We've got the proof in the DNA

Sure, we have some holes to fill in before we have a smooth transition. But just because there are holes doesn't mean we should start filling them miracles or magic.

I'm not saying "It didn't happen", just that so far there isn't any reason to jump toward that as the answer. Lot's of people really want God Magic to be there, I get that. But we can't just go pushing that into all the holes in what we know as if it's actually the answer is all I'm saying. Especially when the only reason to stick it in there is because we have nothing else better yet to fill that hole.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Well part of the problem people seem to have is they do not get that EVERY new generation is an evolution on the last. So there will be no "transitory" form (CrocoDuck anyone?) that they think exists.

The real issue is they are stuck on Darwinian evolutionary models

There is plenty of "God Magic" out there if you look. Mind you that is the brain going DAFQ? How life changes? That ones been kicked for a bit
Discovering then decoding DNA sort of put a nail in creationisms coffin (or a steak through its heart?).

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

That really depends on what you mean by "God Magic". Because so far in our history we've removed "God Magic" from many places where we used to think that was the answer.

Now in a general philosophical way when God as treated as nature itself or this universal energy or something then maybe you can apply such ideas like that. But not with the Abrahamic Religions where there is a willful and personal God that created a Universe. IMO anyway.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

God Magic is things we can't explain yet
Nothing more. It helps being a Polythesit, I never have to say "A God did it".

As I've said, I'm a Gaelic Polytheist. I don't need to blame a deity, or his itinerant son for my bad (or good) behaviour, or how the Universe works.

To me God Magic, is a snarky term to talk about, unexplained phenomena. Like Dark Energy, or electing idiots to power.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Yep. It's the "god of gaps" fallacy. "we don't know, therefore goddidit".

Before we understood thunderstorms, they were because god.
Before we understood floods, they were because god.
Before we understood a whole plethora of things, they were because god.

Certain religion say science is trying to discredit their god because science has and still is finding answers for "goddidit"'s.

It's the same with the op. He clearly doesn't understand evolution, therefore "goddidit".

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I wouldn't be surprised if he was a troll. He's certainly brought up a few known fallacies to suggest you're right.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Yet they hold up "Scientists" (Single rogue individuals who are selling a personal belief or grinding an Axe due to not getting published) and saying "Scientists Say".... well this Scientist says, they (the creationists) are proof we are splitting into two different species. An increasingly Intellectual one and a decreasingly intellectual one.....

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

A troll, a sock puppet, or a Crank. Any way you look at it .... the posts are on a loop.

You can almost predict the next Fallacy that will happen .... given we've had the "if we come from monkeys why are there still monkeys one"... I predict we might get the "it breaks the laws of Physics" or the "Ok so micro evolution happens but never Macro" one.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

LMAO!!

reminds me of Xmen... a small portion of the species evolves while the rest stay behind

works quite well for explaining this world... the general population is relatively stupid, both intellectually and emotionally

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

It certainly does seem like the levels of intelligence are getting further and further apart.

Anorger ironic thing I thought of. Creationists use "evolutionists" any time they get sick and see a doctor or go to the hospital. Maybe it's time they get refused medical help. They don't believe it after all

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Wel; I do love me some Xmen but there are plenty of stories about it that predate Stan and Jack..... and the odd Pop Science paper....

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

These Ludites seem to be selective of when they use ebil science. Just like big Bad Pharma.... they use it when they need too

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join