It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Inc.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Does anyone here honestly think Trump Jr will show same enthusiasm to fight in frontline to protect their business interests in Saudi, Indonesia etc as he has shown to get dirt on their political opponent?

No. Instead the commoners will be send to die so that rich people can protect their assets in foreign lands.

If he have so much business interest in countries like Saudi, UAE etc, he will look like a bad business man if he doesn't protect his interests in those countries even if it is against the interest of American people.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
Trump supporters don't care if he's making himself rich via the presidency.

I mean, it just shows that he cares more about himself than the country, but hey, 'take that liberals!'

Yep, making himself rich 'via the presidency'. Please refresh my memory, who was the last presdent to forgo a presidential paycheck?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd
Deaf ears Fyre. He is their hero and that is that.
Though he later said it was a joke, ( and the crowd laughed and applauded ), he did say he could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and not lose any voters.
He denagrated his own believers to their faces and they loved it. He intimated that they have no social morals and they cheered. He called them barbarians and the response was ''yes me, yes me'.

The information you present above should be of concern to all, but to them it only makes him a better role model.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Nixon released his tax returns to prove he is not a criminal. He was. It's about time someone stopped this nonsense.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Yes. I felt the same way, I didn't care because she wasn't the president but I felt the same way.

For those asking for proof:

Trump’s Interests vs. America’s, Dubai Edition

The project also further entangles the Trump Organization, and by extension Trump himself, with a foreign government, creating the possibility that unscrupulous officials could attempt to gain some degree of leverage with the president by, say, issuing the property environmental violations or, alternately, turning a blind eye to irregularities in sales proceedings, in the hopes of receiving political favors.

Trump transition website promotes his business brand

Trump has promised to turn over his business to his adult children, Donald Jr., Ivanka and Eric. But he hasn't detailed when or how he would do so — nor said how he intends to protect against potential conflicts of interest.

Trump uses natural disaster to promote his hats

“There’s a difference between what is technically legal and what is ethically right. While there may not be a technical violation here, it is wholly inappropriate for the White House to distribute photo press releases of the president posing in campaign merchandise,” said CREW Communications Director Jordan Libowitz. “This is neither the time, nor the place.”

Donald Trump is using his official and taxpayer-funded White House account to promote his daughter's business interests.

The billionaire businessman posted in defence of his daughter, criticising department store chain Nordstrom for dropping a deal with Ivanka Trump. And he then promoted that fierce criticism with a retweet from his @POTUS account – a profile intended for Presidential business and which is associated with his office.

Donald Trump is still promoting his business. Is that wrong?

Nor is Trump showing any signs even now — though he has the GOP nomination all but in hand and moves around with Secret Service protection — of giving up his active role in his businesses.

President Trump Promotes His Charlottesville Winery After News Conference

U.S. President Donald Trump took a moment to promote his Charlottesville, Va. winery on Tuesday, moments after downplaying concerns his unfocused response to violence in the city is inflaming racial tensions.

Trump Is Attending The U.S. Women's Open This Weekend & He's Using The Presidency To Promote It

Over the course of 48 hours, President Trump published three tweets about the U.S. Women's Open and his plans to attend the event on Saturday. Given that the tournament is being held at Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, New Jersey, critics have pointed out that the president is once again using his political platform as a tool to promote his businesses and make a profit.

Florida’s ‘Winter White House’ a winning brand for Trump’s business

Breaking with presidential precedent, Trump held onto ownership of his businesses when he took office, meaning he makes money when his properties do well. The resort doubled its membership fee to $200,000 after he was elected. And “Winter White House” is working its way into marketing materials. When Trump is in town, Mar-a-Lago’s hotel rooms and restaurant reservations fill up fast.

Mixing Politics with Business: A Master List of Trump’s Conflicts of Interest

This was the ethics plan that Trump laid out for himself and his family. It was meant to assure the public that Trump’s private business interests would never overlap or influence his duties as president. His daughter, Ivanka, and her husband, Jared Kushner, made somewhat similar arrangements for themselves and their companies as they got ready to work in the White House. While all three distanced themselves to some degree from the companies and brands that carry their names, their financial stakes in the Trump and Kushner business empires remain the same. As for Trump’s sons, they frequently attend White House events and remain very much a part of the political scene surrounding their father.

Someone else mentioned that it'd be great if he showed his tax returns, like every other modern-day president. I guess Trump supporters only agree to the 'well so-and-so did it, so why not Trump?' to a point, namely, tax returns.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

so the businessman should not be allowed to do any of his usual business when hes a president? kinda #ed up really.

Jimmy Carter had to divest himself of his peanut farm.

we gonna tell all the career politicians who typically are lawyers that they are not allowed to do any lawyer work either?

Yeah? While they're in office, absolutely.

how about all the money the politicians rake in from lobbyists, they usually profit a hell of alot more then the figures your throwing around for trumps returns (which btw is not purely profit like lobbyist payments are)

That would be bribery and bribery is illegal. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that for all your bluster and self-righteous indignation, you really don't know much about lobbying.

both hillary and obama made more money yearly accepting payments then any of these figures your upset over trump earning through actual work and business deals...

That's patently false and can be easily demonstrated to be so.

How Barack Obama Has Made $20 Million Since Arriving In Washington

Then came the big money. In the two weeks before he was inaugurated as the 44th president, Obama reworked his book deals. He agreed not to publish another non-fiction book during his time in office, while signing a $500,000 advance for a young adult version of Dreams From My Father. He also finished the manuscript for Of Thee I Sing: A Letter To My Daughters, which was eventually published in November 2010. He donated all post-tax profits from the children’s book to provide scholarships for children of wounded and fallen soldiers.

Over the next eight years, the Obamas made $10.8 million. Obama reported earnings of $3.1 million before taxes from his presidential salary (averaging $392,000 a year). Roughly $120,000 came from interest and dividends on investment holdings, which included U.S. treasury bills and an array of diversified funds.

The Obamas also turned into philanthropists. From 2000 to 2004, they disclosed charitable donations of just $10,770 on their tax returns, less than 1% of their total earnings. But from 2005 to 2015, they gave away $1.6 million, or 8% of their earnings.

Obama made less money every year he stayed in the Oval Office. His earnings started at $5.6 million in 2009 before dropping to $450,000 by 2015, as royalties from his books declined. He has not released his 2016 tax returns, but there is no indication that his earnings picked up during his final year in office.

Pretty much nothing you've said was accurate except that the Clinton's foundation did continue to operate and receive donations while Clinton was Secretary of State. So what does that mean for your undue outrage?
edit on 2017-9-5 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I believe Obama was the first presidential chia pet.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: NobodiesNormal

so the businessman should not be allowed to do any of his usual business when hes a president? kinda #ed up really.
we gonna tell all the career politicians who typically are lawyers that they are not allowed to do any lawyer work either?

how about all the money the politicians rake in from lobbyists, they usually profit a hell of alot more then the figures your throwing around for trumps returns (which btw is not purely profit like lobbyist payments are)

both hillary and obama made more money yearly accepting payments then any of these figures your upset over trump earning through actual work and business deals...

i wonder where all this outrage was when hillary actually was accepting foreign government payments to her clinton foundation, people are upset that trump might do that, while not giving a # that hillary and obama and bush and bill, and bush again, have all done that numerous times, on record.

yet because trump might do that we should impeach him right?...............

is a gross CONFLICT OF INTEREST.

You Leftists should know about anything gross...
Gross incompetence
Gross negligence
And so on.

It was under Bush a conservative when the economy crashed. Bill Clinton left him a great economy. And Obama revived the crash.

So what world are you describing?

Your fantasy world!

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
Trump supporters don't care if he's making himself rich via the presidency.

I mean, it just shows that he cares more about himself than the country, but hey, 'take that liberals!'

Yeah, it's not like Trump was rich before he became President or anything, he is definitely using the Presidency so that he can become rich. Oh wait, that's what Obama did, Trump was already rich before the Presidency.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Yep, making himself rich 'via the presidency'. Please refresh my memory, who was the last presdent to forgo a presidential paycheck?

His profits at just Mar-a-Lago have more than doubled since 2015. They're up like $21 million dollars. What's that? 70x the President's annual salary?

That's one property.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Trump is a conman and ONLY out for himself. Only the delusional don’t see the obvious. Trump supporters are his main marks.

They give power to the beast

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Not to beat an old hag to death but I'm sure you felt the same with Clinton as SoS and how CF donors got preferred treatment.

Setting aside the fact that corporate profit and foundation donations aren't nearly the same thing unless of course, you're a self-dealer like Trump is — Clinton lost. "Get over it."

If your point is that Clinton is bad because of CF — great — so why then would you be disgusted with "crooked Hillary" and defend worse from "dishonest Donald?"

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: Metallicus

If only people like you would spend as much effort on exposing actual corruption like Clinton corruption you could make the world a better place.

Is that the only argument you have - an invalid one.

I never voted for a Clinton in my life - I despised the both of them.

Trump is f**king DANGEROUS to the world, he's a laughing stock.

Who is still your president.
👍

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

JFK.

More recently Obama donated a portion of his paycheck to the treasury during the 2013 shutdown. Obama also donated the full $1.6 million amount of his Nobel prize money.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The difference between Trump and Clinton and Obama and everybody else, is at least they had the decency to not go whole hog greedy while they were president.

Trump has no shame, he's gorging at the trough every day like a hog gone wild

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The difference between Trump and Clinton and Obama and everybody else, is at least they had the decency to not go whole hog greedy while they were president.

Lol, greedy?

How much personal money did they donate or pledge to donate?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Can you imagine the outrage we would have got from the folks justifying Trump keeping his tax returns secret and using his presidency to promote his business interest, if Obama did any of that while president?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: UnBreakable

His profits at just Mar-a-Lago have more than doubled since 2015. They're up like $21 million dollars. What's that? 70x the President's annual salary?

That's one property.

Um, he's only been president since Jan 20, 2017. What does a 2015 Mar-a-Lago have to do with it? You're desperately digging at straws.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Trump doesn't take a salary as president. You want a 71 years old man to starve? Shame on you.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: Willtell

Lol, greedy?

How much personal money did they donate or pledge to donate?

I have no delusions that Clinton or Obama are saints---their greedy too, and will get every dime out of the presidency they could. But at least they waited until they got out of office unlike Trump

Trump is shamelessly gorging himself out in the open. Those 30 percenters who slavishly support him are at his back. They are his main marks.

A mark is a con mans main victim whom they use to get their con on.

edit on 5-9-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join