It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Art of the Deal at work?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I thought the title would easily attract.

So, this week we have the end of DACA. No more protection for those who were saved during an EO singed by then president Barack Obama during the campaign trail in 2012. What a brilliant move. However, look what is not being passed...even with House, Senate and Governships.

We have in recent weeks the death of the new ACA. Many plans have been put forth and nothing passed. Even McCain made sure to kill what has been a party promise for 7 years. Did this not wake people up?

Then, there is a need for tax reform. However, just as it is being brought up DACA pops up again. So, is this the bargaining chip Trump has been waiting on.

DACA is gone but there is a path with a Dream Act that is acceptable and to me should fund the wall. A price of entry and make sure that they adhere to Trumps new immigration policy. The RAISE Act. Cuts immigration and in turn gives better chance to immigrants and citizens.

So, the question is will it finally be time to play ball in a Trump administration? Trade a new Dream Act for the other reforms. Would people be ok with that?

Congress is at an all time approval low and people want something new. That is what they elected. Is it time to put aside partisanship and pass some laws that make sense....or are we destined to replay our same failures over and over? I am hoping that cooler head prevail because in 2018 there are elections and I do not see many of those in office now remaining on ALL sides.

PS - where are all the Nazis I was warned about 2 weeks ago?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

One would have to take the “blue” pill to observe the delusions and hallucinations of the Left...

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

But the wall is a really stupid idea. It'll be obsolete before it's finished. It's an environmental disaster. It requires the government to steal people's private property, through imminent domain. People will get around, over and under it, come in on boats and planes, use passports and visas that expire, or sneak in with fake ids. It's a multi-billion dollar "bridge to nowhere".

edit on 5-9-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Congress is at an all time approval low and people want something new. That is what they elected. Is it time to put aside partisanship and pass some laws that make sense....or are we destined to replay our same failures over and over?

Wait for it, another few months. My opinion is that's where we are headed. All eyes on congress, then an amendment that limits their term.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

originally posted by: matafuchs

One would have to take the “blue” pill to observe the delusions and hallucinations of the Left...

Well that sure added to the topic.

What I want to know is why the previous 8 years it was all Obama's fault but now Trump is in it's Congress'

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

There would be no need for a wall if Mexicans stop coming to America illegally. The walls in China, Israel, Turkey work because they are necessary.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: tulermank

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Congress is at an all time approval low and people want something new. That is what they elected. Is it time to put aside partisanship and pass some laws that make sense....or are we destined to replay our same failures over and over?

Wait for it, another few months. My opinion is that's where we are headed. All eyes on congress, then an amendment that limits their term.

Congress would have to pass the amendment to limit their terms. That's not going to happen!

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Let's say they don't.

Let's pretend the bill sits in their hands in front of all the eyes the public could muster, and they decline. Do you expect Americans to just, take it?

Congressional term limits, along with tax legislation is a bipartisan issue that most Americans can actually agree on.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

A wall is neither good or bad. A wall serves its purpose. Communism died. There was no need for the Berlin wall. Berlin wall wasn't built to stop illegals. China wall was built to stop illegals. China wall is a wonder for all of eternity.

There are many wall which will never come down. The walls around the Vatican. The walls around Damascus. The list goes on and on.

10mosttoday.com...
edit on 5-9-2017 by tulermank because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: tulermank

The Great Wall of China was built to stymie warriors at a time when they didn't have planes, trains and automobiles. The fact that it's an ancient wonder, a precious relic, should inform you on how soon Trump's wall will be obsolete and what a bad investment it is. Don't be conned by the Don! Say no to the wall!

The walls around Damascus.

The one that missiles are lobbed over all the time?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Let's say they don't.

Let's pretend the bill sits in their hands in front of all the eyes the public could muster, and they decline. Do you expect Americans to just, take it?

Congressional term limits, along with tax legislation is a bipartisan issue that most Americans can actually agree on.

You can pretend all you want but I prefer to deny ignorance.

I agree that term limits and tax legislation needs to happen but the tax rules will continue to favor the corporation and wealthy Americans. No matter what happens the middle class working man is SOL.

This time next year the Obama years will look like the good ole days. Inflation is going to skyrocket!!! Wages will not increase and everything will increase in price bigly. Gas....$5 a gal if we're lucky. Crops are rotting in the field because the Mexicans are gone, new Wars to finance....

You can politicize all you want but unless you follow the money, you don't have a clue....
edit on 5-9-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Trust me folks......this whole thing is just a heat sink. Bush Jr oversaw a lot of this and said nothing. Thats when it all began. You want schooled I will school you on emigration for dollars.
edit on 5-9-2017 by Logarock because: n

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Yea hell just look at the republicans fully, dam near, out of the closet cross dressing political transvestites.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I agree that term limits and tax legislation needs to happen...

That's all that really matters.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

The walls around Damascus.

The one that missiles are lobbed over all the time?

Old Damascus is not touched by war. It has a holy mosque inside. No one fights over there.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

But the wall is a really stupid idea. It'll be obsolete before it's finished. It's an environmental disaster. It requires the government to steal people's private property, through imminent domain. People will get around, over and under it, come in on boats and planes, use passports and visas that expire, or sneak in with fake ids. It's a multi-billion dollar "bridge to nowhere".

I believe your logic is flawed.

Your reasoning implies that we shouldn't spend money on ANY kind of protections period because someone will ultimately be able to circumvent it.

The idea isn't to totally eliminate the act, just make it extremely difficult to circumvent the protections.

It's like saying encryption is a useless idea because someone will find a way to break it anyway! It's called a 'deterrent'

By your reasoning, why lock your car, or house? Someone will just break your window and get in anyway! I guess homeowners in Miami-Dade should stop installing those bars on the windows and doors of their homes because the bad guys will just get in anyway.

No one has ever said the wall will ELIMINATE illegal immigration, just drastically reduce it. Of course some will be able to circumvent it because we're human and humans adapt and overcome obstacles.

I don't like the idea of deporting young illegals that are here through no fault of their own. Now the so-called dreamers that are adults now and STILL haven't pursued legalization have no excuses, sorry. The fact of the matter is a large percentage of them don't bother to pursue becoming legit because they would lose their special status and be worse off as legal citizens.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: OrganizedChaos

Your reasoning implies that we shouldn't spend money on ANY kind of protections period because someone will ultimately be able to circumvent it.

No it doesn't, so I'll have to stop you right there. I think we should spend money on and look to technological answers, not on a big ugly wall. I have no doubt that we have the technology for a virtual wall of some kind, that will work even better than cement and barbed wire.

If we can have a roving laboratory and camera on Mars, I think we should be able to secure our borders.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I definitely agree they need term limits. I'd like to see the elimination of the seniority rules along with it. That would stop the bought and paid for senior officials from swinging a vote because their vote counts for more than a junior member.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

a reply to: OrganizedChaos

No it isn't, so I'll have to stop you right there. I think we should spend money on and look to technological answers, not on a big ugly wall. I have no doubt that we have the technology for a virtual wall of some kind, that will work even better than cement and barbed wire.

If we can have a roving laboratory and camera on Mars, I think we should be able to secure our borders.

Well, you didn't say that in the post I replied to so, no, I won't be stopped there.

A physical barrier is doable now. What you are dreaming about is science fiction. Time to wake up, it doesn't exist. Show me ONE place on the planet that has that kind of tech.

What would stop someone from flying over your virtual wall? Maybe we can get Scottie to install a Force-Field Generator! Should work real well in a power failure. California goes dark when they have hot summers but we should power the Virtual Wall instead right? How many years will it take to perfect the technology? What do we do in the meantime, pretend there isn't a problem? Maybe ignore it and it will go away?

Comparing your 'Virtual Wall' to the tech we have on Mars is comparing apples & oranges and is just silly.

Electrical/Electronic deterrents are easier to circumvent than physical barriers. I mean, why would Banks who have all the money anyway store your valuables in a physical vault when they could use a 'Virtual Vault' right? Keep your important documents/family heirlooms in your 'Virtual Safety Deposit Box'. See how silly this really sounds? This is the stuff of video games, it's not real.

The fact of the matter is the American people and our government have for years approved & signed legislation and appropriated BILLIONS of our tax dollars to secure our southern border with human forces and physical barriers. All the years of greed, bickering and whining after the fact has left us with what we have now and your solution is to give them more money and time to try to come up with something new?

These overpaid nut-job wing-nuts in Congress (I am being nice) can't even secure our personal electronic data or even Top-Secret data and you think they can protect an entire BORDER electronically!! Do you have any idea how many BILLIONS of dollars the Obama administration had to set aside to cover potential Identity theft of all the current/former Gov. contractors who had their personal data & fingerprints hacked from Gov. computers? I was one of thousands and this was WAY before the massive hacks in the past year or 2.

ROFLMAO

Time to get your head out of the sand. What you and many others need to do is step back and see how Ugly and Dirty this reality really is and also realize how much Dirtier and Uglier it is going to get if we don't stop moving the goal posts around.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join