It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Trump and the GOP really think deporting the dreamers will play well for them long term???

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

They can be bad. The congress should write the laws.

Since 2018 is an election year, the self-serving bastards might even get off their fat asses and actually do something about it this time.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

2010 was an election year.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

2010 was an election year.

And the democrats lost bigly, if memory serves.

Maybe the self-serving republicans will actually pay attention and not repeat history.

Look, I know Trump is evil incarnate to so many here. If he cured cancer, people would be complaining about Trump putting people in the medical field out of work.

He took an EO done by Obama and is forcing congress to make it a law. I think that it is a good thing.

But by all means, defecate all over his attempt at making amnesty a law.

Why, you should protest it. Double down (so to speak) so that no law gets passed.

*shrugs*

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Look, I know Trump is evil incarnate to so many here. If he cured cancer, people would be complaining about Trump putting people in the medical field out of work.

I have a hard time with the concept of "evil" but I understand ineptitude. (You think Trump can cure cancer?)

Why, you should protest it. Double down (so to speak) so that no law gets passed.
Where did I protest his "effort" to get Congress to do something productive?

edit on 9/6/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

When DACA went to the Supreme Court, it "tied" 4 to 4.

With 9 now on the court, DACA would more than likely, be ruled unconstitutional.

Trump is trying to save DACA and the Trump haters can't move beyond their spoon-fed CNN hated to see that.

Obviously many can't see that.

Trump could have done nothing and DACA would be brought back from the lower courts to rule it unconstitutional.
Trump could have just eliminated DACA.

He did neither.

Really, he's trying to utilize government (as it was intended) to pass a law for DACA.

If you can't see that, then oh well.

I tried.

Have a wonderful evening.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Trump could have done nothing and DACA would be brought back from the lower courts to rule it unconstitutional.

Are you sure?
Are you prescient?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Are you sure?
Are you prescient?

Nope.

Just a small person offering opinions on the www.

Are you prescient?

link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
It isn't about Trump making himself look good, it's about enforcing the immigration laws and protecting citizens. It may also be about showing respect to all the millions of immigrants who went through the process LEGALLY, and weren't coaxed in by the DNC just for illegal votes.

Looks like you posted this about an hour before Trump Tweeted this:

Donald J. Trump ‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Congress now has 6 months to legalize DACA (something the Obama Administration was unable to do). If they can't, I will revisit this issue!

What he's doing is trying to have his cake and eat it too. He wants to throw red meat to folks like you but in reality, he's betting that Congress will pass some legislation so that he can he then claim that he really protected DACA registrants who were going to be deported if the states suing the federal government won.

link   

No. But then, I'm not the one who said this:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

OMG!

I offered my opinion.

I'msosorryI'msosorry

OMGOMGOMG

THHHBBBPPTT

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

A prescient opinion. A prediction.

Right?

Sure, keep it out of the courts. Good plan. Right?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

You and I know nothing about what will happen in the future.

All we can do is look at the past and extrapolate.

But I'll let you have the last jab, the last insult.

I've said my piece.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Piece out.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

When DACA went to the Supreme Court, it "tied" 4 to 4.

With 9 now on the court, DACA would more than likely, be ruled unconstitutional.

Trump is trying to save DACA and the Trump haters can't move beyond their spoon-fed CNN hated to see that.

Obviously many can't see that.

Trump could have just eliminated DACA.

Really, he's trying to utilize government (as it was intended) to pass a law for DACA.

DACA is winding down on it's own anyway, according to: www.cato.org...

President Trump keeps piling an ever-greater workload on a Congress that has trouble deciding what equipment should be in the Congressional gym. PLUS, they're only working 12 days this month! OMG-thehill.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

President Trump keeps piling an ever-greater workload on a Congress

Trump has no power to pile a workload on Congress.

He only has the power to blame Congress for his own ineptitude.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

If he wanted Congress to pass legislation to offer some remedy for the plight of the "dreamers" — like an updated Dream Act — he could have applied some pressure on his own party to get something passed.

It's funny that you blame CNN. How about Jeff Sessions? How about Trump? Why have Jeff Sessions come out with a different narrative that it was all about correcting a presidential overreach? Only to then shift the narrative to "saving DACA?" Seems likely that he was on the fence, he felt like he needed to do something for the base and then when he did it and was faced with immediate blowback, he flip-flopped. He might even have used Sessions to test the waters.

It seems like the recurring pattern with Trump and his administration: the first pass is bull#, followed by a period of gauging the response before trying to litigate reality with lots of distracting finger pointing at the media. I'm reminded of the Obama admin and The Innocence of Muslims or Hillary Clinton and her emails.

Trump and his admin are doing it far more frequently though. Flynn, Flynn firing, Comey firing, wiretapping, the "adoption" lie to explain Junior's meeting with the Russians — hell everyone's meetings with the Russians — to name but a few instances.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   

President Trump keeps piling an ever-greater workload on a Congress

Trump has no power to pile a workload on Congress.

He only has the power to blame Congress for his own ineptitude.

That's illogical. R-U OK tonight Phage?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

That's illogical.

Is it?
What power does Trump have over Congress?
Or the Judiciary, for that matter?

Please, instruct me on my failure of logic.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Most American's won't remember or care about this a month from now. It doesn't effect them in any way. If people want to blame anyone, blame the past presidents for failing to do something about all the illegal immigration into this country. The only thing Reagan amnesty did was kick the can down the road for future presidents to take care of. It didn't stop the flow of illegals into this country.

Where's the real immigration reform that has harsh punishment like $25,000 fine per illegal caught working for a business. Allow American citizens to earn 20% of that reward, if the information they provide leads to a conviction. If we did stuff like that, it would make it pointless for people to enter this country illegally.

I would be for keeping DACA. If we first passed some strong immigration reform, that actually does something to put an end the flow of illegals into this country.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Is that a serious question?

You are talking about Trump and his fan base. They are incapable of long term thought and reasoning beyond the next tweet.

These same people's whole platform and agenda revolves around punishing, persecuting, and screwing over other American citizens who were born here, so why would they care remotely what happens to those not born here?

Though I'm sure any young eastern Europeans can apply to come back as Trump next wife.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join