It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Trump and the GOP really think deporting the dreamers will play well for them long term???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

The fact that the timer only got started because trump chose to start it...makes it his responsiblity

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
EO is weak and should not be used for something as sensitive as immigration. Obama was wrong to use EO as law.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

The fact that the timer only got started because trump chose to start it...makes it his responsiblity

So, removing an unconstitutional order, and handing the role of legislating immigration to the people whose job it is to do just that sort of thing, is somehow a bad thing to you?

And, this childish fixation on placing "blame" is like dealing with a 4 year old sometimes.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

And?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

What was unconstitutional about DACA?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

In effect, it placed the control of federal law into the hands of the executive branch of the government. That is against the constitutional separation of powers.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

Here's from a lawyer from the Obama Administration who worked on DACA. See point 7 and 8.
[url=https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2017/09/05/%C2%AF_%E3%83%84_%C2%AF-obama-lawyer-who-worked-on-daca-admits-its-probably-unconstitutional/]link[/url ]
edit on 5-9-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Here's from a lawyer from the Obama Administration who worked on DACA. See point 7.

I fixed the link for you:

Obama lawyer who worked on DACA admits it’s probably unconstitutional

And, here is the original Washington Post story that the above is based upon:
DHS’s Kelly: Program shielding 800,000 illegal immigrants may be in jeopardy

edit on 9/5/2017 by Krakatoa because: added additional link to root source article

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Thanks I tried twice.... Appreciate it

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

800,000 is ALOT OF PEOPLE!!

It is a lot of people....but it's about 1/4 to 1/3 of the people that voted illegally for Hillary.
edit on 5-9-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Dreamers will not be deported. House majority leader Paul Ryan spoke today for a majority of the Congress. Because it's Congress, they'll not get around to it until just before the 6 month deadline, but Dreamer Families will be given a path to citizenship.

BTW...I think it's OK to start threads that don't adhere to ATS guidelines now. After seeing 4 threads formatted like this one yesterday, I asked moderators if I could begin starting threads just to ask questions..share my thoughts...concerns, etc.. No response. Is that a green light you think?
edit on 9/5/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Well hello there dull edge.....

So you believe that between 2.4 and 3.2 MILLION people voted illegally for that POS Clinton, the exact number that would be needed for papa smurf to have won the popular vote... is that correct?
Can you provide actual proof, as in ANY election board proof of your BS claim, if so, I will apologize, if not, you can now be known as Dull Edge.

You Mr./Mrs. Dull have the distinction of causing me to log in after more than two years.reply to: DazorV66

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ParkerCramer

Technically their claim is that Trump won by 3 million votes if you discount Clinton's illegal votes.

That means 6 million illegal votes were cast, that nearly 5% of the votes cast were illegal.

It's a ridiculous claim.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Yes it is ridiculous, this is why you will hear crickets now......
😁

a reply to: links234

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: tulermank
EO is weak and should not be used for something as sensitive as immigration. Obama was wrong to use EO as law.

And it was pretty damn weak for Trump to have Session's be the spokesman repealing a previous POTUS's executive order.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

What other reason would a forum exist than just to share random thoughts??!?!

(This is assuming you were not being sarcastic, with text you never know.. sarcasm needs a font. )

Maybe not in a specific thread for new news, but imho any forum that doesn't allow people to throw up random thoughts, is missing the point of an Internet forum.. random thoughts are forum bread and butter..

I don't know how you thought random ideas were not valid to post on a conspiracy forum lol.. seems to me that would go without saying.

I also just heard the "hard news reel" on the radio say that trump has said he will fix it if congress doesn't..

Basiclly just reinstalling daca.

Which him saying is going to take away any leverage for congress to act now that I think about it.

If trump is taking away the threat of the political disaster that would come from deporting those 800k people..

So I I look at it as a political gamble..

A) he uses the deadline he created as leverage and gets the dreamers leagalized and his wall funded . Which would make this is a brilliant political play..

B) congress will not act, but trump does and reinstated daca. Which would be a failed gamble, but one that doesn't cost you anything long term.. it looks kinda incompetent but no real harm, no real foul...

C) congress doesn't act and trump refuses to because he isn't getting his wall. So jack booted thugs drag TOTALLY Americanized illegals , all with up dozens of American citizens emotionally invested in their well being , out of their homes and deport them..

With all the most sympathetic stories being featured daily in the nightly news..

Aka a flipping political nightmare that will still be hurting the right for generations..

Safely I think (A) is BY FAR the least likely..

If I was a betting man my money is on (B).

However I think (C) is MUCH more likely than (A)...

edit on 5-9-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

"Legislating" without Congressional legislation

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The hard news reel on the radio just said if congress didn't fix it to allow them to stay trump would reinstate it...

Is it still unconstitutional then???

The chance the entire GOP congress and the senate will agree to it are nil..
So I think that is the most likely outcome..

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

BWAHAHAHA

according to Alex jones maybe...

Prob got the interdimensional child rapists to help them rig it..

That's funny..

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

"Legislating" without Congressional legislation

Perhaps more folks should see this today?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join