It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Trump and the GOP really think deporting the dreamers will play well for them long term???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: JinMI

Man that is absolutely a recipe for disaster..

That is literally begging for revolution.. in every civilization in history.. the second the peasants (us) lose all faith in the government. They burn it all down and that civilization falls.

A revolution?
Because the people who live here and came here legally wont cry, bow down and give hand outs to those who want to break our laws??

Ya ok.

The majority of America supports our laws.

If you see your self as a peasant, that's you, not all of us are.
It's up to you to better your life, not have a better one given to you by any government.

And lose faith in gov??????
LMAO!
You mean like currently? As in right now?
That ship sailed many presidents ago.

But dream on about your revolution.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

a reply to: tulermank

Do you see any realistic sceerio where the GOP doesnt pay the price for it??

Yeah Dreamers are going to be so pissed at Trump for actually getting them a legal path to Citizenship. I'm sure they will be so mad about that.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Until the kid from down the street who your super friendly with and have kinda adopted gets carted off.. when you didn't even know he was illegal he was as Americanized as any other kid on your street..

Even if you dont know one your emotionally invested in MILLIONS of people will..

This is guarenteed to be a PR nightmare and the media will highlight every worst case scenerio. So then you have the viral aspect kick in..

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

a reply to: JinMI

Man that is absolutely a recipe for disaster..

That is literally begging for revolution.. in every civilization in history.. the second the peasants (us) lose all faith in the government. They burn it all down and that civilization falls.

Possibly.

However a constitutional amendment that serves to limit the term limits of congress would be a bipartisan, from the peoples standpoint anyway, effort.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Which would require a modification of existing immigration law. That is the job of Congress, is it not? And, what did President Trump do here placed it into Congress' lap to resolve just such a solution, with a 6 month grace period for those that have been here for years and decades illegally without fear of deportation.

How many have used that time of deferred prosecution to apply for citizenship so that by the time this temporary deferral was rescinded, they would be either approved or in the process. That is another aspect that Congress can take into account in the amendment of the immigration law too.

Here the Congress is the only branch of government allowed to make laws. The executive (where the president works) is forbidden from making laws. An Executive Order is a presidential privilege to can be used to defer enforcement, but it does NOT nullify any law passed by congress.

I feel many here do not understand that distinction, and are reacting out of an overabundance of feelings and emotion and not what is legally allowed.

edit on 9/5/2017 by Krakatoa because: spelling

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

I've already seen reports that Trump says he will veto any immigration bill that only addresses DACA individuals, and not total immigration reform, including funding for his wall.

That's holding 800,000 innocent young people hostage to forward Trump's agenda.

Source please? I would like to read that report(s) myself.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I'm not sure exactly where I saw it, but here's a source that says basically the same thing.
www.cnbc.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Protecting the cotizens from the kids who were raised here since early childhood?!?!

So I don't know what he is protecting us from..

I am specifically talking about the dreamer bill.

I don't think he catches much long term crap for non dreamers.. right or wrong..

But all the people who every person they have ever known was an American...

That is guarenteed to show up in our daily lives..

Videos of nerdy teenagers carted off in paddy wagons crying without any hint of an accent will repeatedly go viral..

10's of millions of Americans will watch a close personal friend carted off..

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I'm not sure exactly where I saw it, but here's a source that says basically the same thing.
www.cnbc.com...

Thanks, reading it now, But, I saw this tidbit which was interesting and explains the request for real immigration reform and not just a DACA patch/amendment to existing immigration law.

"The president wants to see responsible immigration reform, and he wants that to be part of it," Sanders said. "But again, we can't take a one-piece fix. We've got to do an overall immigration reform that's responsible, and frankly, that's lawful." One aspect Trump wants included in any legislation is funding for a border wall, Sanders said. "I don't think the president's been shy about the fact that he wants a wall, and certainly something he feels is an important part of a responsible immigration package," she said.

If you think about it, the border wall is part of immigration reform as well. So it seems he wants to overhaul the existing law to include funding for the border wall as part of the reform.

Not quite pork-barrel politics (since it is relevant the the existing law), but this is politics after all. If the Democratic part of Congress truly cared for these DACA protected souls, wouldn't they be willing to compromise to save them?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
If an adult robs a bank with their child in tow do we charge the child with bank robbery absent some affirmative evidence that the child had criminal intent and was old enough to be held accountable? No we don't. Then why the hell are we treating children of illegal immigrants like they are criminals?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

The child could have told his pa it is wrong, don't do it. Going along with it is just as guilty.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Right.......He said the same about health care, "Repeal and Replace" at the same time. Then it was just repeal, then it was the skinny repeal. No matter how bad the deal was for the American people, Trump called it "Great". As long as he got "Obamacare" nixed, he didn't care what kind of deal the American people actually got in the end.

It'll be the same here, except, Congress has to wedge this in, unlike health care, because their immediate concerns are "flood aide", the debt ceiling and the budget, not to mention the 2018 elections.

I don't know what's wrong with legal immigration right now anyway. It seems to me most of pressing immigration problems are about illegals, refugees and "extreme vetting".

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Trump wants the DACA people to stay.

If he didn't, he'd have ended Obama's unconstitutional move and have been done with it.

Trump wants their stay to be by the law. Not by presidential whim (like Obama).

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

What's your take on illegals taking the jobs of legal immigrants? Or the fact the laws are in place to protect people? Illegals aren't protected by work place safety, wage minimums and fair treatment out of fear of deportation.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I agree, it's Congress that makes and passes Legislation. Six months is plenty of time, Congress supposedly has 4 bills out there to address this and have had them for awhile. Time for Congress to do it's job. The Dreamers should be easy, it's the other 10 to 12M that will be much harder.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I don't know what's wrong with legal immigration right now anyway. It seems to me most of pressing immigration problems are about illegals, refugees and "extreme vetting".

So you don't have any issues with enforcing our immigration laws as they currently stand? Great, you and I can agree on enforcing them then.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I lost my insurance due to Obama care, so did millions of Americans. My insurance would be 360 dollars a month if I got it. I'm 28, havent been sick in years, and haven't been to the doctor in around ten other than physicals (low body fat, low blood pressure).

So if we're talking about everyone has a right to affordable health insurance... Why don't I have that right?

In a capatalist society, how can our government force us to consume a product or be penalized if we don't? (keep in mind car insurance is needed as we may affect others)

Some people had a stronger voice on Obama care, and it wasn't me. I got no benefit for living a healthy and active lifestyle.

I don't know why people praise Bush 2.0 so much, he even deported more illegals than Bush yet he is a seen as a hero.
edit on 5-9-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Didn't trump end daca?!?!

That's what gives him ownership..

If congress fixes it before "dreamers" start getting deported, then no harm no foul..

But why would ANYBODY think trump can get the GOP congress and the senate to pass the laws to do it within 6 months?!??

They haven't passed anything else, and I'm pretty sure more than the 3 senators are hard core against letting the dreamers stay, that the GOP has the majority to cover..

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

That is true we do not, but then again the kid does not get to keep the money either. They go right back to where they started broke or in this case their country of origin.

edit on 9/5/2017 by Azdraik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
DACA is illegal and unconstitutional, even Obama admitted that before he decided to wipe his ass with the Constitution and go ahead with DACA anyway. Trump should be applauded by all for ending an unconstitutional order, while still allowing 6 months for Congress to get their heads out of their asses and actually do something about it to help the "dreamers". If Dems weren't so blinded by hate towards Trump, they would actually be able to see that this is a positive thing Trump is doing, for everyone.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join