It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Trump and the GOP really think deporting the dreamers will play well for them long term???

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

And I agree neither side has been addressing any issues very well..

Only one side is admitting there is an issue at all..

I'm guessing the republicans sold out to big buisness first, then since that option was off the table. The dems went unions and minorities ..

So to a democrat all corps are evil and must be destroyed..

To a republican all unions are evil and must be destroyed..

The thing is that unions are a far closer representative of the average American, than corporations intrests..

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

What is inaccurate about asking "if the GOP thinks deporting the dreamers will play well long term"???

That isn't even able to be inaccurate since it is a question, not an assertion...

Since it is literally impossible for a question to be inaccurate, I am assuming you are just angry about the fact you don't actually have anything to add to the conversation..

They will not be deported, so what is the point to the question? What should I add... Ok I can play..deporting the dreamers would not be good for anyone so what is the long term, long term of what?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

They will not be deported,

Ever?

Oh wait, Trump will "revisit" it.
What does that mean?
edit on 9/9/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Because a large chunk of the elected republicans claim to want to deport them..

So weather or not those republicans really think deporting the dreamers is what the American people want or what's best for america, or if they are just selling dreams. Is a VERY valid question..

Basically, are they acting on a legitimate principle or what they think is best, or are they just demogoging..

Saying things they know some of their supporters want to hear, while personally knowing that it would hurt the GOP dearly long term.

And for a fact, until trump came out and said he would be reinstating it if congress didn't make it a law. Imho them getting deported was the most likely result..

I don't think congress can pass it.. DEFINATELY couldn't with only republicans. ATLEAST 4-5 will vote no..

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

He will be reinstating daca if congress does t act..

Which though he campaigned on sending them back to Mexico..

Will be a god damn political miracle if he gets this made into a law rather than just an executive order.

If trump can get the republican led house and senate to turn a ubber left wing EXecutive order into a law. It will be the most brilliant political gamble in modern history..

ESPEACIALLY if he can do it without a democrat vote!!!!

That would be considered impossible for ANYONE else on either side..

Bernie couldn't..

Hillary couldn't..

Obama couldn't...

Kasick couldn't..

Cruz wouldn't..but couldn't either.

If trump pulls it off I don't think it can be overstated...

It would be that big.
edit on 9-9-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

The thread is about demagogues...

People who claim to want X, when they personally know X would be a disaster ...

That's why you should probably actually read the OP.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Ever?

Oh wait, Trump will "revisit" it.
What does that mean?

Nice to see you back Phage

Why is any of this focused on mean old Trump...lol

First, Congress didn't fix this so Obama did an executive order that really skirted the Constitution. Trump removed the EO and told Congress to fix it or he will need to "revisit it" in 6 months.

These young adults are basically without a country right now. Illegal in the one they know and legal in the one they know little about. They should not be called Dreamer kids, they should be called Got Screwed by Their Parents kids.

So here we are... do they have more rights to citizenship than my sister in-law waiting 14 years?

Anyway we look at it its a crappy deal for all, so in the end if Congress doesn't fix it then Trump will and most likely do it in a way to flip his finger at Congress, but he will not deport them.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
So here we are... do they have more rights to citizenship than my sister in-law waiting 14 years?

No, but they should be given the chance to fill out the paperwork and fall in line behind her?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Because a large chunk of the elected republicans claim to want to deport them..

85% of voters want them to stay with some path to citizenship, so I'm not sure what you are talking about. For someone in Congress to push deportation would be a career killer with those numbers.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

No, but they should be given the chance to fill out the paperwork and fall in line behind her?

Sure why not? Don't think anyone disagrees, but for some reason people want to push "those evil Republicans" agenda...

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

The thread is about demagogues...

People who claim to want X, when they personally know X would be a disaster ...

That's why you should probably actually read the OP.

If 85% of the voters are for letting them stay then how does the OP's question fit any kind of demagogue when the popular desire is also the rational argument.

I mean whatever, not that important....Might have just as well said Congress in general

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

You lost me there. I keep seeing people say that they should get the boot, no if, ands, or buts.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

You lost me there. I keep seeing people say that they should get the boot, no if, ands, or buts.

I did a google search and 85% comes up as in favor of them staying. Whether they become citizens quickly or otherwise is where the differences are.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

OK but you asked if they had more rights than your sister-in-law. I said giving them the right to file and then get in line isn't more rights. I mean that is specifically what I replied to.

Either way, 15% is a lot of people disagreeing.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Either way, 15% is a lot of people disagreeing.

Statistically no..

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

It is more than, "Don't think anyone disagrees".

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Trump owned it when he took ownership of it by removing the executive order..

And honestly he has to look mean enough to actually do it for him to leverage it into working.

He shouldn't have pooped all over that by saying he would reinstate daca.. but it still might work..

I'm just saying that in a perfect world, he HAS to be portrayed as mean enough to let it expire and deportations start.

The whole gamble is kinda predicated on that..

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

They already are..

The debate is weather they can stay here while the paper work is being filed or weather they would be deported while its working its way through the system. ..

The normal OVERWHELMING GOP consensus is that they should have to return to their native country to wait approval.

Now was that their real opinion or just them demagoguing in opposition to obama??

Well that is the OP.. so thoughts??

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

That sounds like it would be for a green card. Xtrozero's sister-in-law has been waiting 14 years to become a citizen but I'm assuming that that would be in the US.

Maybe not apples and oranges but not the same either.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Nope, that's what the whole fight is over and what trump said made Jeb bush soft on immigration.

I agree that seems like a no brainer... but it is republicans..

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join