It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Trump and the GOP really think deporting the dreamers will play well for them long term???

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: amazing
Take away what's right or wrong for a minute and just look at this as PR Or gearing up for the next election cycle.

It was a bad move in that light.

So, you are OK with using 800,000 peoples lives as PR bargaining chips???

Nice, very compassionate of you.

I thought the point was to consider the plight of these people? But, I see you are another one with pseudo-compassion and fake outrage to feed your political hatred and yearnings for "revenge".

Sad, very sad.

LOL You read way too much into my post. I was just making a political point on why this was a bad move.

I actually support keeping all of those people in the US, ...I mean did you even read my post? I sometimes find it helpful to break down topics into their separate parts give you more insight. Such as why would someone do this now at this point? Is it just to fire up the base voters...giving republican voters what they want? Like the Wall? Is this a move to position republicans for the 2016 midterm or 2020 presidential election or a giant mistep. Consiparacy theorywise...is this a ploy by those in power to damage republicans so that there will be a democratic president in 2020? Is Trump playing along. But no, you think i'm nazi or something. LOL

Trying to find where I'm feeding my political hatred and yearnings for revenge and why i'm pseudo-compassionate? Please elaborate! I'm all ears.

edit on 7-9-2017 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Take away what's right or wrong for a minute and just look at this as PR Or gearing up for the next election cycle.

I thought the point was to consider the plight of these people? But, I see you are another one with pseudo-compassion and fake outrage to feed your political hatred and yearnings for "revenge".

Sad, very sad.

LOL You read way too much into my post. I was just making a political point on why this was a bad move.

I actually support keeping all of those people in the US, ...I mean did you even read my post?

Trying to find where I'm feeding my political hatred and yearnings for revenge and why i'm pseudo-compassionate? Please elaborate! I'm all ears.

You posted this:

So, I read this as advocating ignoring the law (take away right or wrong) and using these people as PR tools (look at this as PR) and use them as political fodder (for the next election cycle).

Did you say this or not?

Looks pretty clear to me when you read and comprehend what you wrote. If that is not what you meant, then please state it more clearly. Because what you wrote in that post, show you obviously want people to see this as a political PR move.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
we have 22+ million veterans in this country screaming for changes to the VA since the end of the Vietnam war, and nothing has changed.

800,000 people meh they will not even consider it worth mentioning.. that is why they were targeted they can say we fulfilled a campaign promise with out taking a real risk.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Sad, very sad.

I actually support keeping all of those people in the US, ...I mean did you even read my post?

You posted this:

So, I read this as advocating ignoring the law (take away right or wrong) and using these people as PR tools (look at this as PR) and use them as political fodder (for the next election cycle).

Did you say this or not?

Looks pretty clear to me when you read and comprehend what you wrote. If that is not what you meant, then please state it more clearly. Because what you wrote in that post, show you obviously want people to see this as a political PR move.

I don't advocate using people as pawns, but I'm not in power. I think this was a PR move, just like building the wall. It's a PR/POlitical move because it fires up the right wing base, ensuring that they will come out and vote in droves in 2016 and 2020. We can disect topics and issues without emotion.

I do want people to see this as a pR move. I don't support it. It has nothing to do with the economy or safety or anything, it's low hanging fruit and it fires up republicans.

Now, how does offering a breakdown of a topic equate to revenge hate mongering psuedo compassion?

For example, I can say hitler was great at manipulating and firing up people and getting them to follow a movement and act. That doesn't show endorsement, it's an analysis so tht we don't get manipulated in the future.
edit on 7-9-2017 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa
First off I'm not a democrat nor a politician... that was clinical analysis. Not what will bring the best outcome.

But it wasnt a problem to ANY REPUBLICANS when obama was in office... It was a badge of honor they were uniting against his every move..

How could they when they sold the opposing to him as if he were a Muslim terrorist plant actively trying to destroy the country??

The dems would be stupid to allow the GOP to unite against them and not return the favor.. it would make the democrat party irrelevant..

If the GOP will unite and the dems will not, the dems lose every time.. and why would anyone vote for the side that is inherently going to lose.

The tea party types made this bed.. now they get to lie in it.. being against everything only works if your not the one in charge.

"If you really think it will be a good idea, let's see??"

If not they will not do it.. then they can't keep villianze them to activate their base..

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

The democrats?!??

Blamed for a policy trump ended, that a GOP led congress, senate and president couldn't fix?!?!

The democrats can't even bring a vote to the floor...

If trump appearently had waited and let some random conservative judge strike it down , them mayybe the dems get some blame..

But by trump revoking it by executive order.. him and the GOP owned it..

It is his timetable, that he started..he gets all the blame and credit..

Now there are kinda 3 options..

1) if he gets congress to do it...that is a huge political win!!! One that couldn't be over hyped..

And Just a brilliant play..

2) If he has to reinstate daca it looks bad but no real harm or foul..

3 they start deporting them and it is MAD

Mutually assured destruction..

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

So you never read the actual requirements either?

Besides people had been sending children before the dream act and they will continue to do so after it.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

The democrats?!??

Blamed for a policy trump ended, that a GOP led congress, senate and president couldn't fix?!?!

The democrats can't even bring a vote to the floor...

If trump appearently had waited and let some random conservative judge strike it down , them mayybe the dems get some blame..

But by trump revoking it by executive order.. him and the GOP owned it..

It is his timetable, that he started..he gets all the blame and credit..

Now there are kinda 3 options..

1) if he gets congress to do it...that is a huge political win!!! One that couldn't be over hyped..

And Just a brilliant play..

2) If he has to reinstate daca it looks bad but no real harm or foul..

3 they start deporting them and it is MAD

Mutually assured destruction..

Joshua, you think that if the Republicans fall 10 votes short without any Democrats on board that it will only be Republicans feeling the BURN? Headline: Zero Support from Democrats as DREAM Act Fails...... How do you think that will look? Sorry, Dreamers don't vote, American Citizens do. Voters will not be happy with either party in that situation.

Go ahead.....have the Democrats just go to sleep till 2018 and 2020. See how that will work for them.

Personally i'm tired of Republicans or Democrats winning, I want America to win. To hell with both parties.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Neither Political Party you support? Then why does it seem you agree with all Democratic Party ideas and zero Republican ones. I'm tired of people with the cop out "Don't blame me, I didn't vote for them". If you are going to complain about the status quo, regardless of what that quo is, you obviously have a preference. I don't like either party, but I sure lean one way more than the other.

If you had your way, who would have won this past Presidential Election?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
Then why does it seem you agree with all Democratic Party ideas and zero Republican ones.

I sure lean one way more than the other.

Seems like you answered your own question.
edit on 7-9-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I'm a realist...

I legit think that is the most efficient way to get whatever done..

Not at all, all the time..

The only reason dems care about immigration is because Mexicans vote for them..

I agree a carbon tax would just be squandered...

I just think the republican rebuttal of "all the scientists are in a vast conspiracy to implement a carbon tax.." is ridiculous..

I think all insurance is a scam and should be nonprofit. It is an unnecessary middle man who doesn't even preform a medical service, and they take .30$ off every dollar spent on healthcare..

What's the republican position?? Insurance companies rock!! We should double down on them..

I think automation is going to make human labor irrelevant, and we will have to go universal income, and that isn't political... it's been comming since we sharpened the first stick into a spear..

But what is the republican position?? Any gov assistance is the devil..

I think Most conservative positions are logical fallacies that wouldn't get past your average debate student..

I personally could careless about immigrants.. honestly, I think Americans need those jobs and such..

However the only reason I think the democrats are right is because absolutes are always stupid..

"No illegals get to stay.."

Well what if the best sniper on the planet is an illegal??

Or the best drone pilot?

Or best programmer??

Do you not use his talents!??

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik
Not really. Joshua gave his street cred in the post just above. I will take him at his word. We all lean towards one idealogy more than the others. Some just aren't forthright about it.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Who did you vote for and or wanted to win this past Presidential Election?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Do conservatives and the GOP really think deporting those brought here as children, who have never known any other country will be remembered fondly or as a plus???

Which one is getting deported...Waiting waiting...

OK I'll answer...NONE! So what is the point to your post?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I absolutely think that...

The GOP could do it without a single dem vote on most things...

So no I don't think the dems take any blame..

But that says it looks like maybe trump is tired of the freedom caucus stuff and has decided to start meeting the dems in the middle..

I don't think I'm wrong about the blame, but looks like I might be on weather the dems will work with him..

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Did you read the whole post?!??

In pretty sure I said that.or atleast I said that the most likely out come is trump reinstates it himself..

edit on 7-9-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
He's REQUIRED by law to do so ALONE(I guess OPERATION MOCKINGBIRD /MSM left THAT part out)and he kicked it to the ones who'll obstruct it ANYWAY so ,get a grip,education and read more,OUTSIDE your cellphone.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Actually, I was pointing out that your own leaning makes you see his posts a certain way so yeah, you did answer your own question.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

For the longest time I was pro trump... you can check my thread history..

I got pissed and bailed when trump brought those 3 bill Clinton accusers to the debate.

If you look into their stories it is just blantant garbage..

It really offended me... honestly on a personal level.. more than the normal celebrity/political dog and pony show dies..

I consider making false rape allegations just disgusting...

I assume as shocked as I was about trumps actions, the media decided that made it ok for them to put anyone willing to accuse trump of the same, on the air... no matter how bs their story was..

Creating a false rape allegation vicious cirlcle if you will...

After that I was voting against trump..

I have sense calmed down , but still think it was just disgusting.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I absolutely think that...

The GOP could do it without a single dem vote on most things...

So no I don't think the dems take any blame..

But that says it looks like maybe trump is tired of the freedom caucus stuff and has decided to start meeting the dems in the middle..

I don't think I'm wrong about the blame, but looks like I might be on weather the dems will work with him..

Could the Republicans vote unanimously on Immigration, sure . Will they? Extremely unlikely. So will Democrats just leave the Dreamers out in the cold to score political points? Again extremely unlikely. If that is the case, then why don't both sides just hammer out a comprehensive immigration reform? They are never each going to get enough votes to pass just on their own, otherwise it would have been done long ago. Each side can claim victory and the country as a whole wins. I'm tired of this breaking down the other sides legacy every change of power. There are things all sides can agree on, isn't there?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join