It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Trump and the GOP really think deporting the dreamers will play well for them long term???

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

I'm pretty sure DACA had cut off dates so that shouldn't be an issue even though most parents would assume otherwise I'm sure.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

You are assuming their children were not at greater risk in their home country...

If you and your children are freezing to death and you break into a house for shelter. Sure you are putting your children at risk of foster care if you are arrested. But the other option was them freezing to death..

Reguardless that ship has sailed and they are here.. from THIS POINT there is WAY more risk to them in deportation.

I'm not saying this is definitive but isn't xenophobic the unrealistic fear of those who are different lol??
edit on 7-9-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Yes but you can't ignore the rule of law and just be decent to human beings. If we did that we'd be no better than the animals.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The criminal activity has to stop at some point. Why do you support criminal activity?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: daveinats

Simple, because we've criminalized being decent to each other.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I think you can and should ignore insane laws...
Would some one be a criminal for teaching your daughter to read when that was illegal???

Or was it the law that was criminal???

Laws are made by man and can be down right disgusting..

a reply to: Wayfarer

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

If you have to ask, then your ignorance is the main problem.

No one is supporting criminals.

And the law is also interpretive and human in its own nature of error. Things that are legal before are ileagal now, and vice versa.

The ultimate point is how you attempt to look at something as a crime.

If someone is born here against their will, that's pretty hard to argue they're an ileagal alien when they have no control of their situation. Are you mad they didn't naturalize themselves as toddlers? Such criminal behavior.
edit on 7-9-2017 by CarlsBad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

lol criminal activity...

Imho they have been adding random laws meant to generate a profit for so long there are likely more laws to make the state money, than the ones to protect public safety..

If all our laws were only to help keep everyone safe and from stealing. I would agree, but that isn't what we have.....

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dasman888

Kinda agree that trump is assuming congress will be afraid of the blow back and make it a law..

But that is a bold assumption...

Congress hasn't been able to pass anything, but hypothetically if trumps little political gamble works, imho it will be a very well orcastrated political play...

But if congress doesn't pass it or if trump is forced to reinstate daca. Then Trump will have made huge political failure..

The democrats don't own ANY branch, nor can they introduce bills. That's the speaker of the house and senate.

This is all on trump and the GOP win or fail.

edit on 7-9-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

That's fine, it will take Democratic support as well. Pressure is on all sides. That's how it should be.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Why should the democrats help??

What republicans broke ranks with the GOP to help obama pass something???

Nothing..ever..

Not even stuff that some republicans agreed with..

The democrats have no reason to come to the rescue and allow the GOP to get the credit, while still claiming they were against it to their base..

In fact they can have it both ways by waiting until trump/the smart republicans are desperate..

Wait till they are just about to lose status and the deportations are just about to start.

When the republicans who are not 100% demogoges realize the news will soon be reporting the stories of totally Americanized kids carted off by jack booted thugs in full swat gear and the interviews of the grizzled old war vet who lives next door and has kinda adopted...

I mean 800,000 totally Americanized people?!?!

All with girlfriends, bestfriends, coworkers, bosses who depend on them, old men who live vicariously through the neighbor kid...
High school sports stars , teachers, coachs

All personally invested in these jokers...

The GOP might never recover...

Then the democrats publicly take credit for saving the disaster the GOP started..

Hell trump took all the leverage out of the situation completely by hinting (or flat out saying basically) he would reinstate daca if the GOP didn't fix it..

So i don't think the GOP won't have more than the 3 congressman refuse to vote..

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Why should the democrats help??

What republicans broke ranks with the GOP to help obama pass something???

Nothing..ever..

Not even stuff that some republicans agreed with..

The democrats have no reason to come to the rescue and allow the GOP to get the credit, while still claiming they were against it to their base..

In fact they can have it both ways by waiting until trump/the smart republicans are desperate..

Wait till they are just about to lose status and the deportations are just about to start.

When the republicans who are not 100% demogoges realize the news will soon be reporting the stories of totally Americanized kids carted off by jack booted thugs in full swat gear and the interviews of the grizzled old war vet who lives next door and has kinda adopted...

I mean 800,000 totally Americanized people?!?!

All with girlfriends, bestfriends, coworkers, bosses who depend on them, old men who live vicariously through the neighbor kid...
High school sports stars , teachers, coachs

All personally invested in these jokers...

The GOP might never recover...

Then the democrats publicly take credit for saving the disaster the GOP started..

Hell trump took all the leverage out of the situation completely by hinting (or flat out saying basically) he would reinstate daca if the GOP didn't fix it..

So i don't think the GOP won't have more than the 3 congressman refuse to vote..

^^^^^ This here is the problem. To many it its a game of political one-upmanship, or revenge. This happens on both sides of the aisle, and must stop. So, because your side is butthurt over what was done to "your president" you will play games with 800,000 peoples lives?? Grow up.

I thought this was all about compassion for these poor children caught in a political DMZ?

I guess that all is just pseudo-compassion and just fake outrage.

Thanks for showing us all what it is really about.

edit on 9/7/2017 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Because this the shining example chance for them to be relevant pre 2018 elections. You think they won't get tarred if DACA and Immigration fall apart? If they act as obstrutionists to tax reform, infrastructure and immigration, they will have nothing to pin their hats on. Better to get half a loaf than nothing.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

The GOP might never recover

Where have I heard that before???

What happened the next election?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

There is s massive difference between a theoretical consequence and a tangible one..

This would have a real life effect maybe that half the country personally witnesses...

It doesn't look like that happens , but if it does.... it would be veiwed as our generations version of Japanese internment camps..

The social inferstructure 800,000 people will have is massive..

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

But the GOP had over 60 million who voted for this to be gone. There were those who agreed but voted for HRC on party lines. You will not see the GOP shrink from these shenanigans but the those racists who hide behind liberal views...oh, they are who the DNC needs to worry about in 18 and 20 elections.

Give the dreamers as choice. How about 2 years of mandatory military service or go home. Let them join the NG. There are plenty of places and they learn better skills and integration.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by:

So what about the other 10 to 12 M here illegally, is that something you'll compare to the Holocaust?

I don't even know what you were trying to say in response to my comment

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

There is s massive difference between a theoretical consequence and a tangible one..

This would have a real life effect maybe that half the country personally witnesses...

It doesn't look like that happens , but if it does.... it would be veiwed as our generations version of Japanese internment camps..

Did you just seriously compare this to the use of Japanese internment camps during WWII?? Really?
Is that the limits you are willing to go through for this ridiculous tit-far-tat between "your" political party and the other? Ever hear of Godwin, it also applies to what you just said.

SMH.

I guess you would rather these poor 800,000 "kids" risk everything on the slim hopes that the court does not rule DACA as unconstitutional, which would result in them being left with zero warning and no time to prepare. As opposed to what president Trump is doing, giving them a 6 month warning, and then looking to the law makers to resolve an immigration problem (which is what they are PAID to do).

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Take away what's right or wrong for a minute and just look at this as PR Or gearing up for the next election cycle.

It was a bad move in that light.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Take away what's right or wrong for a minute and just look at this as PR Or gearing up for the next election cycle.

It was a bad move in that light.

So, you are OK with using 800,000 peoples lives as PR bargaining chips???

Nice, very compassionate of you.

I thought the point was to consider the plight of these people? But, I see you are another one with pseudo-compassion and fake outrage to feed your political hatred and yearnings for "revenge".

Sad, very sad.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join