It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Trump and the GOP really think deporting the dreamers will play well for them long term???

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

But when they change the law then the other side complains, so this tug-a-war is what it always ends up being.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: tulermank

You have to be in the US (with a green card) for 5 years before even applying for citizenship.

People really don't have any idea how it works.

Right? But a wall will fix everything!
Would you be for comprehensive immigration reform that includes a path to citizenship for dreamers and a different path for some of the other illegals here if it took funding The Wall and Nationwide E-Verify?
Time to decide.......

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
a reply to: windword

But, for all I know, you are a constitutional lawyer and do have that knowledge.

They did stay at a Holiday Inn once, so.....

It's Funny a Lawyer on Obama's own DACA team says it wouldn't pass the Courts but still people think it's Constitutional?

How about in Obama's own words then? Do you believe him?
Link

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Not really the decision of any one here, is it.

As for the link in your other post, he was just saying that he was still looking for a loophole.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Not really the decision of any one here, is it.

As for the link in your other post, he was just saying that he was still looking for a loophole.

All that effort typing and all you could say is "not my decision"? So would you be for that deal or not?

But thats not how Democracy works

edit on 6-9-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Would you be for comprehensive immigration reform that includes a path to citizenship for dreamers and a different path for some of the other illegals here if it took funding The Wall and Nationwide E-Verify?

I don't know what's wrong with our immigration process and laws that it needs comprehensive reform.

I think Trump should pardon the "Dreamers" that are in good standing, and be done with it.

As far as border security, I think we should be using technology, not spend hundreds of billions on a cement wall. Most undocumented immigrants don't sneak in through the desert on foot. Most undocumented immigrants come in to the US via cars, planes trains and boats.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

... and then went ahead and did it numerous times anyway.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
All that effort typing and all you could say is "not my decision"? So would you be for that deal or not?

I don't care one way or the other. I could argue that the wall is a dumb idea but that is on it's own and not because it would or would not be part of any deal.

Not a pure democracy but in a republic you hand over your say to your representatives.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
Do conservatives and the GOP really think deporting those brought here as children, who have never known any other country will be remembered fondly or as a plus???

To me it seems as if it is guarenteed to be a PR nightmare..

I think it is the kind of thing that will piss people off exponentially...

800,000 is ALOT OF PEOPLE!!

People who's entire social network is predominantly American citizens...

Your not only pissing off 800,000 people..

Your pudding off anyone who has any emotional investment in those 800, 000 people.

That 800k grows exponentially when you start adding in sexual partners, friends, co workers, exc..

That will create a situation where MILLIONS of people watch a close personal friend or valued co worker WHO HAS ONLY EVER KNOWN AMERICA, dragged off and deported..

It seems horribly likely to totally backfire long term.

Maybe I "dreamed" it... but wasn't the whole DACA thing just kicked over to Congress today?

So let me get this right... the courts were probably going to rule that Obama's implementation was unconstitutional (which he acknowledged... as well as tons of other Dems acknowledged)... and before they did Trump asked Congress to get off their arses and deal with the issue legislatively.

So OP, everyone is screaming "deportations!" because why?

The Democrats could probably put forth a reasonable bill and get it passed next week.

The biggest problem I can see here... is Trump asked congress to do their job... and the outcome will probably be BETTER for "dreamers" since it will be LAW, instead of an Unconstitutional stretch of the executive... and Democrats can't use it to call Trump Hitler... on it's face... so they are making it out to be what it is not.

MAN... just when you think Americans couldn't be more "low information" we get stuff like this.

"The sky is falling... the sky is falling!!!"

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

youtu.be... thats not how Democracy works

Not a pure democracy but in a republic you hand over your say to your representatives.

Better tell Mr Constitutional Law Professor President Obama that. You know those are his words from the Video, right?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Better tell Mr Constitutional Law Professor President Obama that. You know those are his words from the Video, right?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa
Lol

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Better tell Mr Constitutional Law Professor President Obama that.

Why would I do that?

You know those are his words from the Video, right?

No, I didn't know that because, I actually don't care enough about Obama to have watched the video.

I thought you were still talking about who actually decides these types of things. It was about the only thing that would have made it relevant to what I had posted.

edit on 6-9-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

If you say so.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I'm not really sure why you would think Obama's words would mean anything to me. What was the point of posting them and the video?

I thought we were still talking about my post where I basically said "not my/your decision".

edit on 6-9-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Chuck Schumer said this morning that he's willing to derail the entire legislative agenda to get the DACA immigrants made legal permanently.

thehill.com...

The man has no ideas, and is willing to hurt every citizen in America over his fixations. Another "gift" for Republicans.

p.s. As dysfunctional as Republicans are this year, his strategy might work.

I wish someone would chuck schumer.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Didn't you hear? Donny likes his idea.

They're buds now; Donny and "Chuck and Nancy."
edit on 9/7/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Didn't you hear? Donny likes his idea.

They're buds now; Donny and "Chuck and Nancy."

Donald likes Chuck and Nancy's agreement to raise the debt ceiling (and a couple of other things) for 3 months.

Chuck Schumer still has a hard-on over DACA.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Donny had no idea of the implications of the deal he made.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Here's the thing giving a free pass to the so called 'dreamers' incentivices parents in mexico to risk their children's lives with people smugglers. Probably dozens if not 100s have lost their lives as a result of this program. Conversely by disincentivicing, Trump is saving the lives of mexican children.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join