It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A view on specifics..of mandela effect

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
So somehow a bunch of us mindshifted to this dimension from another. But we brought evidence. Vw logo, the bible changes. All the other "mis-memories" (bs. Cough). I have seen the FACE of the moon change on me.

So our internet is recording these changes. Otherwise without a referance point. We wouldnt be extrapolating these changes. Ive entertained questions..did hard disk info tell the universe about our equational knowledge and we got stuck in dimensional energy confusion by constants? Things of that nature. I for one think its intelligent energies that keep us in our dimensional gradients.

Thats really all i have to say. Let the serious and mockery roll in..

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: anotherside

So... your argument is "because internet." Fascinating. The internet actually isn't recording changes. It's recording the way things have always been. Faulty memory is the only thing responsible for changing anything.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

So... your argument is "because internet." Fascinating. The internet actually isn't recording changes. It's recording the way things have always been. Faulty memory is the only thing responsible for changing anything.
keep saying that..it honestly falls on deaf ears.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotherside

originally posted by: bender151

keep saying that..it honestly falls on deaf ears.

That's because MErs aren't open to the possibility of it being anything but a timeline shift.

What's more plausible?
-You remembered wrong (where there is a heap of evidence, backed up by science, in its favour)?
-Or you shifted timelines (where there's zero evidence it's even possible)?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The mockery is justified for a great many (even most) of these so called "Mandela Effects" BUT there are a few that I've found valid, or at least they convinced me that something very, very weird is happening.

The VW logo is one... undead celebrities, changing movies, etc., but the new spelling of dilemma really did it for me as there was no denying that one. It was a lifelong favorite word with much memory devoted to it.

At least I know there are thousands of other poor souls who noticed that word, too.

I've wondered if I were dead and imagining the world... dimensional drifting... tech debacle... supernatural shenanigans... an artificial environment we were placed into ... a natural state of humanity where a malleable reality based on consciousness shifts all the time and is mostly not noticed ... OR a field test of mind tech where false memories are implanted in the populace to gauge efficacy... but I have no real idea.

But, again, MOST of these presented on the internet are simply poor memory and suggestibility, but a few cannot be explained away... and if a few seem valid for me, I have to at least admit some of the others might be valid for other folks, too, despite knowing many are commonly mistaken factiods... even IF it's false memories being implanted in a population for mind control testing, these alternate memories exist!

It's a deeply odd experience many folks are having, and I think it's important... though it's difficult to discuss because it's so insane sounding! I almost hope it has a mystical or natural cause, because a test of mind control tech of this scale is rather terrifying.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
What I think is the coolest, most amazing part of the Mandela Effect is where everyone invents an imaginary violation of physics to explain something that COULD much more easily be explained by plain old, everyday biology.

I mean, it's the bees knees!

Another real cool part is where people dismiss most MErs as believing in flights of fancy, yet have somehow developed special scenarios that are the REAL DEAL. "All these other guys are idiots, but I know ME is real because I gotz the proofs!"

I love it so much it should be in a peer reviewed journal....

A psychology journal.
edit on 5-9-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Who says "MErs" aren't open to possibilities?

If you can make a plausible case for dilemna being dilemma, now, due to the common mistakes of perception, I'm all ears.

All I know is a great many people, including most all in my circle, knew the spelling as d-i-l-e-m-n-a and have distinct memories of that spelling and dilemma just looks very, very wrong.

Heck, there's a whole website devoted to this one "mistake." www.dilemna.info

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

If you can make a plausible case for dilemna being dilemma, now, due to the common mistakes of perception, I'm all ears.

Here you go: www.worldwidewords.org...

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Look at every single ME thread. You'll notice they all have something along the lines of "I know it's not faulty memory. I'm from a different timeline". Even this thread has this from the op

keep saying that..it honestly falls on deaf ears

As for dilemma/dilemna? It's known as a "hypercorrection". Look at the words hymn, autumn or solemn. They each have a silent n. It's just our brains doing a bit of assuming and, unfortunately, teachers are prone to being human and making mistakes too.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Hey! I didnt choose to experience these changes. I just noticed them after a major shift event. Keep belittleing me with false memory charges! Theres a voyager episode that used that. But seriously. The bible, vw logo arent the same for me.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

The bible, vw logo arent the same for me.

That's because your brain overwrites what you saw and changed it to what you think you saw. Every time we remember something, even if we remember it wrong, it replaces the old memory with the new one. It's called a false memory.
edit on 592017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Uh- huh. Hyper correction doesn't work in my own case. It isn't a "funny, I coulda sworn" kinda thing, it was a life long relationship with the word and accompanying neurally networked memories... and though I'm a terrible writer, and not the best speller, either, I was at least better than most.

I always pronounced it out loud as "dih-lem-Nuh" as a bad joke... the etymology of the word indicated it should be two "m"s and that was one of the cool things about the word ... and I would shut up and gladly chalk it up to hubris and idiocy if many, many, many others didn't have the exact same bewilderment about that spelling.

The thing that nearly sent me to the shrink was finding my ancient Merriam Webster school dictionary with the second "M" underlined with a notation in my grade-school handwriting saying "silent." Why would I write that?

Anyway, I know exactly how this all sounds... all I can say is it's my truth.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

And you've just described what happens when someone who is wrong thinks they can't possibly be wrong. It drives them loopy.

But thanks for proving my point and dismissing the explanation. I really should have seen that coming.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

There is nothing wrong with the VW badge. The original solid silver badge ALWAYS had an impression between the V and the W. It may not have been all the obvious because it was one solid object and also not particularly obvious from a few meters away.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

And it seems you didn't read all of my reply ... but happy to reinforce your own predisposition.

I sincerely hope you are correct in your ...er, diagnosis ... really, and I would prefer to chalk it up to the foibles of human perception, idiocy and my own degenerating cognitive functions if it weren't for all the people sharing my very strong "delusion" about that one stupid word.

I can't offer any plausible theories as to why, and am sad that the discussion gets mired by common and uncommon mistakes, but in my own case, hyper-correction isn't the cause. It doesn't fit.

I truly wish I knew the cause... or at least one that "fit" my own situation. I'll just remain perplexed, thanks.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Youve all proven what i suspected..thank you.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

That VW thing isn't a great example because, personally, it was a "Hmmm... funny, I thought it was solid" and not personally earth shaking like dilemna to dilemma.

Most of these ME's are things I've chuckled at because I've noticed people ALWAYS making the same mistakes and now they see a meme and reinforce their mistakes with "gotta be a new dimension or timeline" silliness.

Dilemna is what "broke" me, though. It wasn't fuzzy in the least. *shrugs*

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I read all of it. You, supposedly, had a "life long relationship" with a word. Then you found out it was two m's. All that means is your were taught wrong and carried on using the wrong spelling.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotherside
Youve all proven what i suspected..thank you.

And that would be what? That there's a perfectly good explanation that MErs absolutely refuse to accept? That human brains can make mistakes?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

at least they convinced me that something very, very weird is happening.

The VW logo is one...

That VW thing isn't a great example

And there we have it. A mini Mandela.

Dilemna is what "broke" me

Dilemma is the correct answer. It NEVER had a silent N.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join