It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 6 Month timeframe is pretty Generous

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: StallionDuck

Do you think a 3 year old can be guilty of breaking immigration laws? A 9 year old?

I do, but that's only because I understand laws aren't regulated by feels

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Sure it does... He was legally pardoned so your argument is invalid.

I was responding to this:

Why not do it all at once? Law is law or does it not apply to everyone? Let me know because if laws are biased, I'm going to start breaking a lot of them that I personally believe are wrong. Or... is it not like that? Do I have to be an immigrant to not follow the laws? Is it because they're not citizens that the law doesn't apply to them?

Federal law does not in fact apply equally to everyone as the President has the ability to pardon whomever. He could in theory, pardon all 800k registrants for DACA of their violations of federal law as well.

EVEN if he wasn't, I'd say 1 person vs 800,000 people? See where there might be a problem?

Which is the more serious offense? Violating 4th Amendment rights or unlawful presence? What's the exchange rate in your estimation?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

a reply to: Xianb

Sorry... No free pass because you didn't know.

What's so hard for you to understand about children not having a choice

Just curious... What's your stance on abortion?

Mom and dad cooks meth... They get busted. Kids go to a foster home. That home may or may not be ran by a couple who abuse that child over the years.

Why? It's not the child's fault the parents like meth... The child didn't have a choice...

------

It has nothing to do with 'their choice'. They're not a citizen. They don't get a choice. How hard is THAT to understand? Sorry, no participation trophy here. It's doesn't work like that unless you have stupid people giving free passes at every turn which counter balances the people who are ACTUALLY doing right by the system.

Again... How can you fail to see that it's not my problem?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: bender151

I do, but that's only because I understand laws aren't regulated by feels

But they are regulated by logic, and intent has a lot to do with determining whether or not a crime has actually been committed. Logically, a small child can't intend to commit the crime of "illegal entry".

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

As you said, the kids go to foster care. They don't go to prison for cooking meth. The kids are innocent, whether they're documented or undocumented.

Again... How can you fail to see that it's not my problem?

Why are you making it your problem? How are you affected by DACA registerees?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

lol...

Look at you all assuming the conservative position is based on logic that you can debate rather than logical fallacies and demogogary..

How cute..

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

lol...

Look at you all assuming the conservative position is based on logic that you can debate rather than logical fallacies and demogogary..

How cute..

You Libs are the ones falling for the Guilt Trip. Grow some Back Bone.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Tick tock. Tick tock. Trump says Congress has 6 months to pass DACA bill or else he can't promise what will happen to these people.

twitter.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Two wrongs do not make a right and one wrong is not an excuse for another.

30 years this debate has been going on and only Congress can do it. If they can't it's fair to condemn both parties for this travesty. Both sides like it as a weapon to breed hate and IMO that's why it's never fixed. They don't want to loose their weapon by doing something about it. Both sides have phony excuses about why they won't.

to both of them.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: theantediluvian

Two wrongs do not make a right and one wrong is not an excuse for another.

30 years this debate has been going on and only Congress can do it. If they can't it's fair to condemn both parties for this travesty. Both sides like it as a weapon to breed hate and IMO that's why it's never fixed. They don't want to loose their weapon by doing something about it. Both sides have phony excuses about why they won't.

to both of them.

100% Agreed But you forgot that only one sides use it as Free Votes.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
6 months is generous. They had years, 8 at least, to get their citizenship or work visa paperwork in order. Seriously what was the hold up? They are apparently working and paying taxes but they can't save up the money for the paperwork? I don't buy that. It's $760... That's not much at all considering the consequences. They could ask their parents for help with the cash too. It's the least they can do force putting their children in this situation.

It'll take a few years at most(friend from the UK took a while) In the case of my friend's husband(illegally brought here as a child from Mexico) , it took a year. He became a citizen before the marriage. They have no feels for the folks with immigration problems. They have had plenty of time to get the cash together and get it done. When they initially found out, they should have said "OK mom and dad... Fix it so I can stay in the country that is my home."

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

a reply to: Xianb

I say, when Trump gets all the "Bad Hombres" out, then he can go after immigrants that have committed no crimes.

I say get them all out, but focus on the bad hombres. If you go looking for a bad hombre and stumble on another illegal then by all means deport them.

We need to stop the problem in it's tracks by changing the law so that only legal aliens gain citizenship upon birth in the USA.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join