It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 6 Month timeframe is pretty Generous

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
For those of us with common sense I seriously dont understand all the Bitching. The President is not a King. The Trump Administration is giving Congress the option to implant the Law the Right Constitutional Way.

Obama slams Trump for rescinding DACA, calls move 'cruel'

"To target these young people is wrong -- because they have done nothing wrong," Obama wrote in a post on Facebook hours after the decision was announced by President Donald Trump and Attorney General Jeff Sessions. "It is self-defeating -- because they want to start new businesses, staff our labs, serve in our military, and otherwise contribute to the country we love. And it is cruel."

Fake Liberal Tears crying a ocean.

"Brought by parents, these children had no choice in coming here. Now they'll be sent to countries they've never known. Cruel. Not America," Biden tweeted.

Blame the Parents who knowingly broke the Law.

"It's a political decision, and a moral question," Obama wrote. "Whatever concerns or complaints Americans may have about immigration in general, we shouldn't threaten the future of this group of young people who are here through no fault of their own, who pose no threat, who are not taking away anything from the rest of us."

DACA=Guilt Trip to stay here.

Just before leaving office in January, Obama told reporters during a news conference that he would speak out sparingly in his post-presidency. But he said revoking DACA was among the actions that would prompt him to weigh in.

You already spoke out not even a week after you left office go away. 6 Months to implant a illegal Unconstitutional is anything but Cruel.
edit on 5-9-2017 by Xianb because: link

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Xianb

I say, when Trump gets all the "Bad Hombres" out, then he can go after immigrants that have committed no crimes.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I say, when Trump gets all the "Bad Hombres" out, then he can go after immigrants that have committed no crimes.

I say if the bleeding hearts cared so much they would've fixed this debacle during Obamas reign. Instead they were lazy and left this mess for Trump. All Trump wants is the law followed which Obama subverted with the daca EO.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Why not do it all at once? Law is law or does it not apply to everyone? Let me know because if laws are biased, I'm going to start breaking a lot of them that I personally believe are wrong. Or... is it not like that? Do I have to be an immigrant to not follow the laws? Is it because they're not citizens that the law doesn't apply to them?

I say when this is done... we need to go after former potus, government officials and law enforcement who break the law as well. Why stop at immigration issues? Let's not just drain the swamp, lets clean house while we're at it. The hell with waiting for spring.
edit on 5-9-2017 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Hey CheezeWiz... the Republicans were in charge of Congress during 'Obama's reign' and, as you pointed out, The President isn't King. So eat your own words.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Why not do it all at once?

Priorities, feasibility and social consequences.

Do I have to be an immigrant to not follow the laws?

What law was not followed by these individuals?

edit on 5-9-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The fun never ends. In this case I think Trump was right. Obama, a Constitutional Lawyer, ignored the separation of powers and legislated without any authority to do so. He is personally responsible for how this went down. What the reason was does not matter and Trump is right about the members of Congress needing to quit if they can't get this solved in six months.

Why some can't see the danger in a President who usurps the power of Congress is beyond me.

It will be interesting to see if those who claim to care so much, compromise and work for a solution instead of blocking it for partisan reasons.

Republicans need to take the high road and get it done with no resistance from their side. 30 years of talk is enough from both sides.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Now our do-nothing congress will need to take sides as the midterms begin. Let the games begin!

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Why not do it all at once?

Priorities, feasibility and social consequences.

Do I have to be an immigrant to not follow the laws?

What law was not followed by these individuals?

Priorities - It's a priority

Feasibility - It's very feasible. Ask Trump

Social consequences - Only for the "victims".

What laws did they break?
uhhh Did you seriously just ask that?

Hmm... Let's see. What laws do illegal aliens ignore in the US. Hint... Go with the very first one that makes them ILLEGAL IN THIS COUNTRY!
edit on 5-9-2017 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

And they fought it. The Obama executive order is why it is in place.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Do you think a 3 year old can be guilty of breaking immigration laws? A 9 year old?

edit on 5-9-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Is there a reason we are rehashing this in another(of your) thread?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Why not do it all at once? Law is law or does it not apply to everyone?

No. The law does not apply to Arpaio.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Priorities - It's a priority

Why is it a priority to deport people who have committed no crime?

Feasibility - It's very feasible. Ask Trump

No, it's not feasible to arrest 800,000 non-criminals undocumented young people, or 5 million undocumented immigrants. But, it is feasible to deport undocumented immigrants that have been found guilty of committing crimes.

Social consequences - Only for the "victims".

It will erode law enforcement's relationships and ability to work effectively with communities, for one.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Do you think a 3 year old can be guilty of breaking immigration laws?

In my experience, a 3 year old is usually accompanied by a parent. See where I'm going here?

Before you say "What about the ones that were sent here without parents"... Send them back to their parents.

If I ship a 10 year old to Russia by their selves for idiotic reasons like what happened here, do you really think it's a good idea to let them stay there? No... You'd send them back home to their family where their family or their government will take care of them.

btw... their potus said he would accept them with open arms, give them shelter, money and school. So much better than they're going to get here. So what's the problem?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Common sense would tell me that you don't break the law and then complain when its reversed to instill the law to what it was originally. Didn't the last USA President break his own laws when he changed it to let illegals into his country? Any one else that was illegal would have gotten deported would they have not?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Why not do it all at once? Law is law or does it not apply to everyone?

No. The law does not apply to Arpaio.

Sure it does... He was legally pardoned so your argument is invalid.

EVEN if he wasn't, I'd say 1 person vs 800,000 people? See where there might be a problem?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

Hey CheezeWiz... the Republicans were in charge of Congress during 'Obama's reign' and, as you pointed out, The President isn't King. So eat your own words.

They still are too. Sucks knowing your Lord and savior Obama screwed over these illegal immigrants right?

link   
a reply to: XianbI'd venture to say that from the perspective of a DACA qualifier, the DACA program is the best thing that ever happened to them. Now they can take those skills home and help their real country.

link   

originally posted by: jtma508

2009-2010 had a couple of "Democrat wide-open window" opportunities.

This whole DACA / DAPA thing was a pre-arranged trap set by Obama.

It had two "plans":

1. Hillary gets in and the whole thing goes further without any "laws" passed.

2. A Republican gets in and the traps gets sprung.

Democrats always play their little games with social issues.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join