It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Targeting DACA Kids is Misguided...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: thesaneone

No I am not wrong. He said it over and over again during his campaign last year. You cant change what he said. Last year he did not say, congress, blah, blah, blah. No He said he was not going after the dreamers. That is what he said. He also said it this year.

Back in June we had this as well.

www.usnews.com...

I am not going to bother posting a link from his campaign statements, because again he said it more than once. You clearly support the man, did you not watch him during the debates and rallys? You should know what he said, and stop making excuses for the man. I don't like him and even I know what he said, because I paid attention to the elections.

Obama also said "if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor." Where's the left's rage over that lie?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: intrepid

OK, so what is the logic in allowing them to remain, illegally, in the United States?

They didn't come here, they were brought. They were raised here. They work here. They contribute here. It's all they know.

Conservatives HATE "guilt by association". (see: KKK, Neo-Nazi's ect).

So, I'm a bit confused why these KIDS that were raised here are also guilty by association.

Hm.

Because they're not personally here legally... Guilt by association here is not an accurately used term. We aren't talking about kids who are here legally with illegal parents, those are called "anchor babies" and yeah, if we need to discuss them, then I'm all for sending their asses back with their illegal parents until they reach the age of adulthood and then they're welcome to return as citizens of the USA (at least until the lunacy of the anchor baby laws are changed and Congress stops that nonsense via amendment.) But the point is we are talking about people inside this country in violation of federal laws... what part of that is confusing you?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
a reply to: DanteGaland

Clearly you don't understand, since its so simple. The LAW supercedes all, including morality. If the law states that its your constitutional duty to kill immigrants, then you better darn get out there and start killing them. To not kill them would be breaking the law, and that would make you a bad person. I mean, its really so simple, just can't figure out why people have a problem with this.

Sweet Christ, Who the F is talking about killing immigrants? My god, the vapidness here is staggering.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere
"
I understand the politics.

I just hate these kids believe Americans don't want them.

I just think it's bad form to involve kids."

As I understand it most of these DACA "Kids" are grown ass adults now.
With grown ass adult responsibilities.
And if legitimizing their status is not one of their priorities
Then it just goes to show that the DACA program is a broken program
that has failed to turn these fine promising young individuals into
proud American citizens.

This needs to happen. Like it or not. We cannot continue to use a system that gives incentives to individuals
to not take the steps to make their citizenship legal.

I have a Mexican brother in law that jumped through the hoops paid his way the legal way and became a citizen.
He Pays his taxes and lives the American way of life. Was it a burden for him to become a citizen? You better believe it. But,
His desire for "The American Dream" outweighed the burden he had to endure to achieve his dream.

edit on 6-9-2017 by PainGod because: Context

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

a reply to: BubbaJoe

Sometimes people's hearts get so massive that it chokes off their brain.

And sometimes the heart gets so small, it chokes off any level of commonsense.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

LMAO... common sense is the result of thinking issues out with your brain rather than going hyperbolic thanks to your heart. Try again, bubba.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

LMAO... common sense is the result of thinking issues out with your brain rather than going hyperbolic thanks to your heart. Try again, bubba.

Burd, I am 57, a vet, I really try to think most everything out. My kids are a quarter Mexican, never thought to ask their grandfather if he was legal, he was a good man, decorated WWII vet. My maternal family here since 1621, and paternal family here since 1830's. As my therapist once told me, I wouldn't know an emotion if it bit me in the ass.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

It's wrong to expect a country to host children from illegals. Their parents are the ones who are misguided. They put their children through this.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aegeus

It's wrong to expect a country to host children from illegals. Their parents are the ones who are misguided. They put their children through this.

If this is the only country they have ever known, why would you hold the sins of their parents against them? This goes against a lot of things I have been taught in life, and I am agnostic.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: PainGod
"
I understand the politics.

I just hate these kids believe Americans don't want them.

I just think it's bad form to involve kids."

As I understand it most of these DACA "Kids" are grown ass adults now.
With grown ass adult responsibilities.
And if legitimizing their status is not one of their priorities
Then it just goes to show that the DACA program is a broken program
that has failed to turn these fine promising young individuals into
proud American citizens.

This needs to happen. Like it or not. We cannot continue to use a system that gives incentives to individuals
to not take the steps to make their citizenship legal.

I have a Mexican brother in law that jumped through the hoops paid his way the legal way and became a citizen.
He Pays his taxes and lives the American way of life. Was it a burden for him to become a citizen? You better believe it. But,
His desire for "The American Dream" outweighed the burden he had to endure to achieve his dream.

DACA does not give a path to citizenship from what I can find. I know the burdens, have worked with several green card holders, and a couple the have become naturalized, the cost is astronomical.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Thanks for your service, but we're on opposite sides of the fence on most other issues, man. I don't know if my ancestors were here legally or otherwise, can't say I particularly care because I am here legally, as are my kids. (In fairness, I assume my ancestors were legal citizens, as I don't think there was a major influx of illegals from Scandanavia or the Baltics prior to WWI and my people's history in the US well predates that period.)

I'm a "country is full, please GTFO" guy. It's not about the sins of the father, either... the individuals we are talking about here, kids included, are each here illegally and should be shown the door.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Thanks for your service, but we're on opposite sides of the fence on most other issues, man. I don't know if my ancestors were here legally or otherwise, can't say I particularly care because I am here legally, as are my kids. (In fairness, I assume my ancestors were legal citizens, as I don't think there was a major influx of illegals from Scandanavia or the Baltics prior to WWI and my people's history in the US well predates that period.)

I'm a "country is full, please GTFO" guy. It's not about the sins of the father, either... the individuals we are talking about here, kids included, are each here illegally and should be shown the door.

We will agree to disagree, this is a big country, we have a whole boatload of people. Pretty sure my 1621 ancestors, and probably my 1830's ones, had no legal protection. The country is not full, not sure what part you are in, but I can drive 30 mins in three directions from my house, and find property for sale. Unfortunately, I am close enough to the metro to find 3/4's of it covered with McMansions, and 2 acre front lawns. This really does offend me.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I'm in Alaska and would love to see a large percentage of people up here move out. I don't do crowds and certainly don't do metropolitan areas.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I'm in Alaska and would love to see a large percentage of people up here move out. I don't do crowds and certainly don't do metropolitan areas.

My body won't do with the cold anymore, but Alaska is beautiful. I was fortunate enough to spend a week there in Feb of 1986. I was disappointed coldest I saw in Fairbanks was -13, have experienced -24 in Denver.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I want an acre, where I can build an 800 SF bungalow, we don't need more than that, and the horses will be happy with the hay.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I am one who generally believes that illegal means illegal. On that note I personally also believe that there should be a program where if these people can prove that they have been attempting to get citizenship and are progressively attempting to better their lives, then they should be granted citizenship.

I also believe that we need to strengthen the border to stop further illegals from entering our nation. No other nation on this planet allows people to freely walk across their border and declare "citizenship".

This is a huge debacle that has been created by groups of people that have obviously forgotten that our forefathers have shed blood, sweat, and tears to establish a country of laws and freedoms. Freedoms that people of other nations can and do get granted when they take the legal means to get here and are able to call themselves Americans.

We cannot allow our nation of laws to be constantly bombarded by people l, citizens or not, just because someone believes they are wronged. The world is full of "wrongs", all we can do is try to alleviate some of the wrongs and grant people the ability to gain citizenship legally and rightfully according to written laws. It seems that ignorance of these younger generations, including mine, is clouding lawful judgments for fear of hurting certain people's feelings or feeling sorry for people.

Lawful iimmigration should be the only kind of immigration allowed after this mess is sorted out.

Just my opinion

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
I am one who generally believes that illegal means illegal. On that note I personally also believe that there should be a program where if these people can prove that they have been attempting to get citizenship and are progressively attempting to better their lives, then they should be granted citizenship.

I also believe that we need to strengthen the border to stop further illegals from entering our nation. No other nation on this planet allows people to freely walk across their border and declare "citizenship".

This is a huge debacle that has been created by groups of people that have obviously forgotten that our forefathers have shed blood, sweat, and tears to establish a country of laws and freedoms. Freedoms that people of other nations can and do get granted when they take the legal means to get here and are able to call themselves Americans.

We cannot allow our nation of laws to be constantly bombarded by people l, citizens or not, just because someone believes they are wronged. The world is full of "wrongs", all we can do is try to alleviate some of the wrongs and grant people the ability to gain citizenship legally and rightfully according to written laws. It seems that ignorance of these younger generations, including mine, is clouding lawful judgments for fear of hurting certain people's feelings or feeling sorry for people.

Lawful iimmigration should be the only kind of immigration allowed after this mess is sorted out.

Just my opinion

I am kind of one of those liberals, my family has been here since 1621, how long has yours been here?

I knew dairy farmers in the the SW of Colorado who still held their land under Spanish land grants. Some of your all's history ain't all what it is cracked up to be.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01

Just my opinion

I have lost family members in every war this country has fought on both sides, until Korea. Some how you think your sorry ass ideas will solve the immigration crisis?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Back to OP... when were these 'kids' being targeted before? Who says these 'kids' will be targeted now?

I say 'kids' because the average DACA age is 25. I wasn't a kid at 25, I had been on my own since I was 19 and was about to get married.

Kids, sheesh. Targeted, sheesh. Reel it in.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Back to OP... when were these 'kids' being targeted before? Who says these 'kids' will be targeted now?

I say 'kids' because the average DACA age is 25. I wasn't a kid at 25, I had been on my own since I was 19 and was about to get married.

Kids, sheesh. Targeted, sheesh. Reel it in.

These young adults essentially have a Green Card.

Trump knows he just can't make immigration laws.

They pay fees and do not have Police records.

Trump punted it to Congress where it belongs.

He put a six month time limit on Congress.

He may trade for something like a wall ?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join