It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Targeting DACA Kids is Misguided...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Speedtek

No, it's easier to point the finger at a group represented by MILLIONS illegally in the country than at a single individual.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
It's very easy really, for those that want them to stay just open your wallet and house to sponsor them. Those that are grown up and/or have no sponsors gets shipped back. I mean really whether they are here because of their parents or because they jumped on the "Death Train" to come here does not matter. Come here legally and you can stay, otherwise GTFO. There are endless lines of legal immigrants who want to come here legally, the illegals will not be missed.

The death train thing happened way after DACA ended.

I get it too. Sick and tired of making exceptions.

Let's get the million plus criminal illegal's first.

I would stand right there with you and celebrate.

Getting the gangs and violent criminal's first, that is our best investment.

edit on 5-9-2017 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: BubbaJoe

I was raised in Southern New Mexico, 15 minutes north of the border... do you want to continue to speculate that I have "no experience around immigrants?"

No I would just rather speculate that you are well off white guy with no heart, because you have pretty much proven over the years on here.

ETA: You care about nothing, but you and yours, disaster victims, victims of discrimination, you care about nothing that doesn't affect you.
edit on 9/5/2017 by BubbaJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
No free immigration or legal status for anyone until the border is secured. With a massive wall and platoons of border agents.

Only after that am I willing to discuss what to do with the illegal immigrants currently in the country.

Anything else just results in the exact same failed policies and promises that led us to this point.

I agree with this.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: thesaneone

America failed these kids.

Wrong.

These kid's parents failed them.

Deport the parents and the children will follow.

If they were old enough to get there on their own, deport them and let them come back legally or stay there and help make whatever godforsaken country better, with skills and education they got while in the US.

Stop the chain migration system while they are at it too.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
It's simple matter for Trump to decide what battles are worth fighting:

1. Did Obama enact it?
2. Remove it.
3. Goto 1

DACA is stupidity to go after. Want to fight immigration? There are much better targets. But heck.. Obama enacted it.. so let's repeal it, even though it's a small # %-wise, NOT criminals, not their fault.. but HEY! Obama!

If Trump wants to button down on current immigration policies.. fine. Go for it. This just reeks of Obama-hate by Trump, and is STUPIDITY.
edit on 6-9-2017 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: burdman30ott6
So the kids, no matter their age now, are guilty of their parent's "crimes"?

Seems to work for whites and slavery, right?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
it's incredibly misguided to deport these kids to countries they've never known. they're as american as any of the rest of us and would no doubt be a credit to this country if they were allowed to remain.

as for the yahoo talking about how they've had five years to work on becoming legal, so no sympathy if they aren't? do you have ANY familiarity with the labyrinthine and incredibly slow process our government puts people through when they try to become citizens?

www.uscis.gov...

Yes. It's a process that many in the past have gone through. It's not easy, but then, nothing worth while is.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

a reply to: smurfy

So because mistakes were made in the past, mistakes should be quietly allowed now? That's a recipe for lunacy right there.

Who said it/they were mistakes...you? as for the past, the double standards still exist and where taxpayers money is still going to Nazi criminals.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=22639334]theantediluvian

Are you competing against DACA registrants or are you competing against visa holders?

Yes. Cost me over $200K over the last decade.

Are you claiming that your tax dollars are paying college tuition for "dreamers" that your children are ineligible for? These kids aren't eligible for federal aid. It's possible that they are getting some sort of subsidy at the state level but as I noted earlier in the thread, in most cases, they're actually facing a situation where they'd being denied in-state tuition rates (32/50) — so not only are they not getting federal aid, they're being forced to pay more in tuition in many cases.

No. Ultimately though, federal money is involved. Colleges receive federal money that helps the bottom line when the colleges help fund DACA students. No matter how you look at it, they reap benefits that are paid for with our tax dollars. Any "disposable" federal money should be used to help Americans first. Want to help foreign born people? Start a fund or charity. Not on my dime.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Better late than never. If half of the people in the US sometime in the future are Mexican citizens who have no interest in getting American citizenship, it would be too late, America would be conquered by Mexico without firing a shot.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Sometimes people's hearts get so massive that it chokes off their brain.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
then you wonder why groups like blm and antifa exist. lol

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: magnetik
then you wonder why groups like blm and antifa exist. lol

No, we already know why they exist: some folks are incapable of accepting Constitutional laws they personally disagree with but which the majority of the country has championed.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Exactly, its like in the 50's why didn't those uppity folks just suck it up and move on/get over Jim Crow Laws anyways, they were championed by the majority of folks in those areas after all (ergo they were righteous and good and true).

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Did you honestly just compare enforcement of immigration laws to Jim Crow laws? Jesus Christ, does the concept of citizenship and Constitutional rights elude you to such a degree that you're that grossly lacking in perspective?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Indeed I did. Did you honestly miss the most obvious correlation that there are folks who don't believe the laws are just?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
So I as a white male should be punished for my great great great great great ancestors possibly owning slaves.... but we're going to reward this group of people because their parents/guardians broke federal law.

'Murica!

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

a reply to: intrepid

OK, so what is the logic in allowing them to remain, illegally, in the United States?

They didn't come here, they were brought. They were raised here. They work here. They contribute here. It's all they know.

Conservatives HATE "guilt by association". (see: KKK, Neo-Nazi's ect).

So, I'm a bit confused why these KIDS that were raised here are also guilty by association.

Hm.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Clearly you don't understand, since its so simple. The LAW supercedes all, including morality. If the law states that its your constitutional duty to kill immigrants, then you better darn get out there and start killing them. To not kill them would be breaking the law, and that would make you a bad person. I mean, its really so simple, just can't figure out why people have a problem with this.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join