It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Targeting DACA Kids is Misguided...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
DACA is unconstitutional, even Obama said that he couldn't do it over and over again before he decided to say F U to the Constitution. Federal District Courts have ruled it unconstitutional. We know the Dems hate the Constitution, but as of now at least the Constitution is still in effect, and it must be followed, whether you like it or not. Trump did the right thing, axed an unconstitutional executive order, while still allowing time for Congress to rectify the situation.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: PeterSellers

a reply to: intrepid

And what would you suggest they do in this instance? Let one break the law while expecting another to keep it?

@ Burd too.

THEY didn't break the law. They were incapable of that.

No they didnt but their Parents should be responsible should they not?

Fine. Deport them then.

Plenty of room on the exiting buses for all family members...

We rarely disagree.

I am a law and order guy.

Maybe it's my personal experience that makes me fight for these kids.

I think we could all get behind deporting criminal illegal's.

After we get rid of the million or so criminal illegal's.

We can maybe find a solution or at least some common ground.

I think the deport them all crowd, has no experience around immigrants, or those with a green card. They have no idea of the complexity or the expense of becoming a US citizen. Then they forget the constitution, some of these dreamers have children born here in the USA, and some of these idiots want to deport the parents, how does that not violate the rights of their American citizen child. For many of these folks the constitution is only good when it works in their favor.

I think that's correct.

I admit, if I haven't been around these hard working young people.

I too would say...Get them all out.

I have long term relationships with some.

They became my kids. It's not their fault.

Send them back to Drug Lords, Corruption and death.

I won't do it...

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: ketsuko

Another out of touch person. There is no talking to someone who can't empathize with someone else's situation and why they would do something.

So what about the kids whose parents embezzle millions and use it to provide them all kinds of stuff? Like ... say children of Bernie Madoff. What happens to them when they discover that all the private school and lessons and stuff were being funded illegally?

Should we continue to fund their current upbringing they expect?

After all, it's not like it's their fault their parents stole all the money that was providing it, and it really wouldn't be fair to suddenly turn them into paupers and punish them for things their parents did would it?

Somehow, I think you're all for chucking those kids out of the streets.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I think they have no right to presume upon the social safety net that's been propping them up illegally and that's what college loans are part of.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Another outrageous scenario due to lack of logical argument. It's getting old.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

And what would you suggest they do in this instance? Let one break the law while expecting another to keep it?

@ Burd too.

Fine. Deport them then.

We rarely disagree.

I think the deport them all crowd, has no experience around immigrants, or those with a green card. They have no idea of the complexity or the expense of becoming a US citizen. Then they forget the constitution, some of these dreamers have children born here in the USA, and some of these idiots want to deport the parents, how does that not violate the rights of their American citizen child. For many of these folks the constitution is only good when it works in their favor.

I think that's correct.

I won't do it...

Same here, here is the sad thing. I have a Pakistani friend that owns a convenience store, yeah stereotypical, he is a naturalized citizen. He went back to Pakistan, married a girl from his town. He told me it took him 2 years and $40,000 to even be able to bring her to the USA. She is bright, educated, and speaks English very well, why is this?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I think they have no right to presume upon the social safety net that's been propping them up illegally and that's what college loans are part of.

Your definition of social safety net is pretty loose, that might be part of the problem.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

@ Burd too.

Fine. Deport them then.

We rarely disagree.

I think that's correct.

I won't do it...

It seems like this immigration stuff has only come up in the last 40 years or so. I married a woman that was half Mexican in 1979, never thought to ask her father if he was legal. He was a successful draftsman for a steel firm, and a decorated WWII vet, it never crossed my mind.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
If congress does nothing in the next 6 months blame the democrats in congress not Trump.
Congress had a chance in the early days of Obama and they did nothing.

The democrats controlled congress and the white house then but were afraid to pass immigration reforms but was afraid what the voters would do.

As it was the voters voted enough democrats out and they could do nothing and now they are afraid to do anything because they would lose even more seats in congress.

All they can do now is block new laws and try to blame the republicans.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
If congress does nothing in the next 6 months blame the democrats in congress not Trump.
Congress had a chance in the early days of Obama and they did nothing.

The democrats controlled congress and the white house then but were afraid to pass immigration reforms but was afraid what the voters would do.

As it was the voters voted enough democrats out and they could do nothing and now they are afraid to do anything because they would lose even more seats in congress.

All they can do now is block new laws and try to blame the republicans.

How do you blame the democrats when the republicans control both houses of the congress, is the party that split, that they cannot find a consensus on their side of the aisle. Your logic here, exceeds all bounds of anything that is normal.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

You DO know the Rep's control both the House and the Senate right?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

a reply to: ANNED

You DO know the Rep's control both the House and the Senate right?

Those on the Trump side are too busy saying "But Obama", "But Hillary", they don't even stop to realize how fractured their own side is. They can't defend it, there is no defense, but they refuse to identify it, and try to start to compromise. I am not saying the Dems aren't fractured are well, but they recognize it, sometimes it is nice to be an independent.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

...then the existing law stands and illegals are deported, simple as that.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I was raised in Southern New Mexico, 15 minutes north of the border... do you want to continue to speculate that I have "no experience around immigrants?"

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6
So the kids, no matter their age now, are guilty of their parent's "crimes"?

If they're in the USA illegally, then they are here illegally. There is no logical reason to allow people to violate the law just because they're under a particular age. Let's not go hyperbolic here and treat this like people are saying anyone should go to jail for "crimes"... simply deport them.

Like I mentioned in another thread, the US didn't deport the Nazi criminals residing here, they may have, 'encouraged' them to leave, and if they did....they got to keep their American social security as well, some probably still get it if they are alive, and some are still alive.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

So because mistakes were made in the past, mistakes should be quietly allowed now? That's a recipe for lunacy right there.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I'm more on the conservative side, but I agree that if they've been here for years, and they are no trouble. Leave them alone. Give them a chance...so long as them or their parents aren't dangerous.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I fail to see the logic in constantly making exceptions to the law.

Either we have laws or we are a nation of chaos where the laws no longer apply. To me, the idea that because some kids were brought here illegally but we feel bad for them so we should continue to let them break the law while everyone else is held to its standards because no one feels bad for us is also an outrageous scenario due to lack of logical argument and getting old fast.
edit on 5-9-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

...then the existing law stands and illegals are deported, simple as that.

Just like the laws that Sheriff Joe broke eh? But its way easier to point the finger at the weak.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
It's very easy really, for those that want them to stay just open your wallet and house to sponsor them. Those that are grown up and/or have no sponsors gets shipped back. I mean really whether they are here because of their parents or because they jumped on the "Death Train" to come here does not matter. Come here legally and you can stay, otherwise GTFO. There are endless lines of legal immigrants who want to come here legally, the illegals will not be missed.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join