It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Targeting DACA Kids is Misguided...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Obama and the dems had 8 years to pass immigration laws the proper constitutional way.

Why didn't they?

They even had a majority congress yet failed to pass legislation. Obviously they don't really care.

They actually didn't have a majority in Congress for 8 years. They had a majority in the House from 2009-2011. The Democrats only had a filibuster proof majority (60) in the Senate for about 4 months from late 2009 to early 2010.

The Republicans have a majority in both houses now. If Trump isn't a lying PoS, and really "cares" as much as he keeps saying, then he shouldn't have any problem leading his party to pass legislation to remedy the situation. And if he was intending to do that, why phase out DACA?

Instead, what they're going to do is try to tie the legislation to something else, effectively using these 800k young people as hostages.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: whyamIhere

Theyre not kids...theyre over 25! They should be legal tax paying citizens like most of us.

I have a heart too...but calling them kids when their adults is disingenuous.

Actually, paying taxes is an integral part of DACA. Aside from deferred action, the principal advance of DACA is the issuing work permits (and SSN numbers). Those participating in DACA, using those work permits, do in fact pay taxes.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
These undocumented illegal aliens get to file FAFSA, then suck up government scholarship funds paid for by taxpayers when those scholarships should be going to taxpayer citizen's children.

What about the citizen Dreamers? They get left behind and their parents swindled.

Obama's policies were all about killing the American Dream for Americans.

MAGA, Trump wins again.

That's actually false.

Studentaid.ed.gov - If I have been granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), am I eligible for federal student aid?

Undocumented students, including DACA recipients, are not eligible for federal student aid, but you may still be eligible for state or college aid, in addition to private scholarships. Check with your college or career school’s financial aid office for more information.

It's becoming abundantly clear from the responses in this thread that for all your passion and vitriol, many of you are completely ignorant of what you're talking about. MAGA, the rallying cry of the idiocracy.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

On the bright side, they can return to their countries with a set of skills that will prove beneficial. The american companies that employed them will have to break down and hire Americans.

Although that is a good point.

If they don't speak the language it could take awhile.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Obama put this football in play. I compete against immigrants in IT where they work for 20-30% less. My kids have to pay for college while my taxes support illegal aliens who decided to come here illegally

edit on 5-9-2017 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
It's wrong to make kids political footballs.

These DACA Kids did not wake up one morning,

and drag their parents across a International Border.

B

What Donald has done is simply throw the ball into the congressional scrum. He made an edict for somebody else to 'fight over' because he knows it requires an alternative measure, either new or the same without the need for him to accommodate some kind of thought of his own into...that's the petulance of a child, and I dare say he will the credit at the end of the day...he's an arsehole and no decent person will do retro anyway.
However, if they are to remain as citizens, then they should be treated as such.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: intrepid

Well then they can leave.

I'm an immigrant. My sympathy only extends so far.

Which leads me to think... how do you know who's illegal? Do you wear your citizenship on your body for all to see?

Facial Recognition Technology processed through a database of all the citizens. Once it's established that you are a legal US citizen, the field of determination is narrowed significantly as to the remainder being an illegal citizen.

Not on the database - you're an illegal.

I agree with Abe Froman and Projectvxn here - old enough to vote is old enough to also legally apply for citizenship.

Otherwise why not just let everyone (around the world) who wants to - become a US citizen with zero due-process?

Speaking of due-process - I would love to go to the US and stay and receive benefits, but I can't because 'Constitution'. As someone born in the US to parents who are not legal US citizens, that child is protected to a certain degree under the Constitution and so should receive a provisional citizenship status (which can be instantly revoked if application is not made within a certain time period of aged consent (voting age))

This would show me at least that the government understands the problem if they started with something like this - 'the carrot and the stick' is a perfect motivator.

So, to identify all those that fit this category the US needs to ramp-up the FRT with the database thing.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Don't be stupid? Are you these people? All we hear about is the little kids, who make up a fraction of those who should be protected. Maybe the parents should come to America and establish themselves with jobs before having kids or bringing them? Doing it legally.

If I make a poor choice that is illegal and wind up in jail it IS my kids who would suffer. It was my choice to put them in a situation where they could be hurt.

The person to lay this on is Obama himself. In July of an election year he decides he will create an EO since he cannot get it passed in the Congress. Talk about using kids. This was for votes and votes alone. If no he could have passed it as an EO 4 years earlier...but he did not.

Kids should not have to grow up in hellholes but they exist from the countries of origin as well as in the US itself. Sorry, I want my tax dollars to help the kids in Chicago or Flint or LA or Atlanta before another dime goes to someone who is here in this country illegally.

Out of touch...nope. Out of patience for real results from Congress...yup.
edit on Seppm30pmf0000002017-09-05T17:00:30-05:000530 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I know many dreamers. They were brought here as babies or infants, they speak English, they go to university, they have jobs, they pay taxes, some join the military, and they don't break the law. They are Americans, and they think of themselves as Americans. America is all that they have ever known. Deporting these people to countries they've never been to, have no connections to, where they don't know the language and have no family is immoral in my opinion. Many of these people have been working their a$$es off to be able to stay in this country that is their home. I'm debating reading further into this thread for the sake of my blood pressure.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: UtopiaDistopia
I know many dreamers. They were brought here as babies or infants, they speak English, they go to university, they have jobs, they pay taxes, some join the military, and they don't break the law. They are Americans, and they think of themselves as Americans. America is all that they have ever known. Deporting these people to countries they've never been to, have no connections to, where they don't know the language and have no family is immoral in my opinion. Many of these people have been working their a$$es off to be able to stay in this country that is their home. I'm debating reading further into this thread for the sake of my blood pressure.

Great then these Dreamers can bring back the American way to their home countries and perhaps improve the living conditions there. If they are of enough value to the company they work for here in the US, then those company can sponsor them to stay. If they want to come back legally, they can go thru the legal routes and they will have the advantage of speaking the language fluently. There is no reason why they should skip in front of the immigration line and be rewarded for it. The jobs they leave behind will hopefully go to legal immigrants or Americans.
edit on 5-9-2017 by joemoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

ANyone not in this country as a legal citizen or visa holder should be shown the door. I don't give a rat's ass if we're talking about 9 month olds, 9 year olds, or 99 year olds... laws are laws, there's the door, good bye.

Their status as "children" is only relevant as an emotional heart string puller, which the law cannot and should not consider in any way.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

The person that allowed this is the real criminal mr obama, he should be brought to justice instead of blaming mr.trump for his own faulty and possibly illegal change of law, which conflicts with the current law there.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
So the kids, no matter their age now, are guilty of their parent's "crimes"?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: PeterSellers

Yes. That absolves those that are heartless b....

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
Trump is smart enough to know our congress is completely inept and almost entirely corrupt. They (both 'parties') are not capable of drafting legislation to replace DACA in six months.

Congress is a scam, and Trump knows it.

They'll have four vacations in six months---they need six years just to have the time outside of their many vacations to do it...

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
So the kids, no matter their age now, are guilty of their parent's "crimes"?

If they're in the USA illegally, then they are here illegally. There is no logical reason to allow people to violate the law just because they're under a particular age. Let's not go hyperbolic here and treat this like people are saying anyone should go to jail for "crimes"... simply deport them.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

And what would you suggest they do in this instance? Let one break the law while expecting another to keep it?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: PeterSellers

And what would you suggest they do in this instance? Let one break the law while expecting another to keep it?

@ Burd too.

THEY didn't break the law. They were incapable of that.

link   

It boils down to responsibility of the Parents. Something that people don't take into consideration when dealing with illegals because the heartfelt gets in the way. Tax payers should not be responsible for illegal action.

link   

So kids on their own should have left the country or turned themselves in at 12 years old to ICE and volunteer to be deported...

That’s the logic of your statements

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join