It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Targeting DACA Kids is Misguided...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Again no one should be able to skip in front of the immigration line. If they want in, then they should try to get in legally. If they the parents are not ready to supports a kid then they should have use a condom. If you or anyone else who cares about these "kids" enough, then open your wallets and doors to your own home and sponsor them and give them a home. If they do not have a sponsor they should go back. This is coming from a family full of immigrants.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: thesaneone

If you lived in a warzone or a gang controlled country would you want your kids to grow up in it or would you risk breaking an immigration law to acquire a better life for your kids? Because I know the decision I'd make. Blaming the parents is the pinnacle of ignorance and callousness.

I keep forgetting that you don't believe in personal responsibility.

Well since you know what decision you would make let me ask then how many illegal immigrants do you currently house?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

Use a condom? LOL! Do you honestly think that 3rd world countries are teaching safe sex to their populations? That is the most absurd thing I've read all day! 3rd world countries are the only places in the world where the birth rate is still significantly high. Talk about being out of touch!
edit on 5-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Use a condom? LOL! Do you honestly think that 3rd world countries are teaching safe sex to their populations? That is the most absurd thing I've read all day!

You know the saying...any port in a storm. logic be damn...them kids too.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

a reply to: thesaneone

If you lived in a warzone or a gang controlled country would you want your kids to grow up in it or would you risk breaking an immigration law to acquire a better life for your kids? Because I know the decision I'd make. Blaming the parents is the pinnacle of ignorance and callousness.

I keep forgetting that you don't believe in personal responsibility.

Well since you know what decision you would make let me ask then how many illegal immigrants do you currently house?

Why do I need to house illegal immigrants to let them live in the country? There is plenty of room in the country for them to live at their own place. So I'm going to label that a false equivalence oh and an ad hominem too for the jab about my beliefs.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

So I'm going to label that a false equivalence oh and an ad hominem too for the jab about my beliefs.

It's not a jab, it's truth and you just proved it by that condom comment, lol.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Oh, OK.

Then how many do you pay for out of pocket because many are low-skilled and can't make ends meet?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Obama and the dems had 8 years to pass immigration laws the proper constitutional way.

Why didn't they?

They even had a majority congress yet failed to pass legislation. Obviously they don't really care.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

The responsibility is on the parents and those who told them crossing illegally is okay. You can't pass the burden onto us now. That's just crap.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Use a condom? LOL! Do you honestly think that 3rd world countries are teaching safe sex to their populations? That is the most absurd thing I've read all day! 3rd world countries are the only places in the world where the birth rate is still significantly high. Talk about being out of touch!

Well actually, I have some experience with this. On my many travels to third world countries such as Cambodia, Thailand, Laos and Myanmar I can say yes! Condoms are very well promoted in third world countries. Have you been to one? In some countries they are openly taught in villages and schools in their use and given away for free. Those that still have kids are just irresponsible.
edit on 5-9-2017 by joemoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Theyre not kids...theyre over 25! They should be legal tax paying citizens like most of us.

I have a heart too...but calling them kids when their adults is disingenuous.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

a reply to: matafuchs
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

Don't be stupid. The parents wanted something better for their kids besides living in drug, gang and warefare heavy areas. That isn't "failing" the children. It's being human. Just because you don't like the decision they made doesn't mean they failed their children. I would have made the same decision if I was them too. Kids shouldn't have to grow up in that type of hellhole and braving being deported, working under the table, and experiencing half the country be prejudiced against you is better than having the chance of being shot or kidnapped just for walking to the store to buy groceries.

You two are so out of touch it isn't even funny.

You don't need illegals to have kids in that situation. We have kids that were born from American citizens living in those same situations. Obama signed an EO that subverted our immigration laws. Instead of him working with congress over his 8 years in office to rectify the situation, he blew it off. Now it came to Trump and he gave congress a deadline to fix the situation. I hope he uses this situation as a bargaining chip for other legislation they are currently blocking that he was voted in to get done.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

The responsibility is on the parents and those who told them crossing illegally is okay. You can't pass the burden onto us now. That's just crap.

It's not OK.

Imagine you had the misfortune of being born in a hell hole.

By no fault of your own you found America.

You followed all the rules and laws. All you know is America.

How can you send these young people to a Country they don't know.

The only language they speak is English.

Most have never been to their Country of birth.

Now you find out America doesn't want you.

Harsh...

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Theyre not kids...theyre over 25! They should be legal tax paying citizens like most of us.

I have a heart too...but calling them kids when their adults is disingenuous.

Most are adults.

Young people is a more accurate description.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
The "dreamers" have had 5 years now to legally work on their immigration status.

If in that 5 years they did nothing to legitimize their immigration status I have no sympathy.

DACA doesn't provide any additional path to citizenship. It provides deferred action and a permit to allow registrants to work legally. They're not bumped to the front of the line let alone put in their own line. You're making a false assumption that DREAMERs are just resting on their laurels.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The crime is that many of these DACA kids get their schooling with in-state tuition regardless of what school they go to unlike citizen children who are faced with in-state/out-of-state. And that is for kids who have no legal status to even be in this country.

But they get privilege for it.

Is that so? Last I heard there were only 18 states that had extended in-state tuition rates to DREAMERs and I'm not familiar with any of them waiving the requirements that apply to any other student paying in-state tuition rates.

Do you have some information to the contrary?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

You're an immigrant? Did you immigrate to the US as child with your parents? What if your parents had brought you here as a child illegally and raised you here?

The average age for DACA registrants to have arrived in the United States is a bit over 6 years old. You're talking about kids who have been educated in the US, indoctrinated with our beliefs, raised in our culture and have become part of our communities and in many cases, have little to no memory of their country of birth.

Not only is it absurdly callous to say "they can leave" as though a kid raised in the US can just land on his feet in a foreign country, it makes absolutely no sense in relation to the common arguments against expanding immigration.

Most of these kids are already about as American as one can be without having citizenship.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

On the bright side, they can return to their countries with a set of skills that will prove beneficial. The american companies that employed them will have to break down and hire Americans.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: projectvxn

You're an immigrant? Did you immigrate to the US as child with your parents? What if your parents had brought you here as a child illegally and raised you here?

The average age for DACA registrants to have arrived in the United States is a bit over 6 years old. You're talking about kids who have been educated in the US, indoctrinated with our beliefs, raised in our culture and have become part of our communities and in many cases, have little to no memory of their country of birth.

Not only is it absurdly callous to say "they can leave" as though a kid raised in the US can just land on his feet in a foreign country, it makes absolutely no sense in relation to the common arguments against expanding immigration.

Most of these kids are already about as American as one can be without having citizenship.

AND what if the country of birth is hostile to Americans. Where would that leave them?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
They even had a majority congress yet failed to pass legislation. Obviously they don't really care.

i wouldn't get too cute about majority congresses failing to pass legislation, if i were you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join