It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Targeting DACA Kids is Misguided...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: intrepid

Well then they can leave.

I'm an immigrant. My sympathy only extends so far.

Which leads me to think... how do you know who's illegal? Do you wear your citizenship on your body for all to see?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

You may not care who pays for for it but there are hundreds of million other taxpayers that may. Your hatred of these people is blinding you. Or this is just more internet bravado.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

I understand the politics.

I just hate these kids believe Americans don't want them.

I just think it's bad form to involve kids.

They are not kids anymore, but the only country they know is America. The bad politics is only that Congress is not acting as they should. Whether it is fixing ACA, securing our borders and enforcing current laws or DACA it has all been on Congress to act...I guess that 15% approval rating is correct...I just wish people stop voting these losers back into office.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

He isn't. Congress has had 16 years to pass the Dream Act. When they couldn't Obama created an OE. They lump them all together but DACA did nothing but stop deportation and keep tax payer money to be used for people who are not supposed to be here.

DACA should be ended. Protection needs to stop since it is illegal. Pass a version of the Dream Act that uses what he has already stated as a change to the system.

The bill would also prevent immigrants from accessing welfare and would replace the employment visa system, which relies on businesses to pick immigrants, with a skills-based system that gives the government a bigger role in selecting applicants based on their individual merits.

www.washingtontimes.com...

Even mandatory military service would work. The bottom line is if they are coming here they need tp contribute not take away.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

America failed these kids.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

It's called ID. No need to 'wear' anything. If you are asked for ID you show it. If not you don't.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Their parents failed these kids...get it right.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
a reply to: Xtrozero

I understand the politics.

I just hate these kids believe Americans don't want them.

I just think it's bad form to involve kids.

Username checks out.

They arent kids anymore a good number of them are supporting themselves with Federal assistance. They had time.

I do believe there should be a better, easier way to gain citizenship and for these young adults it should be available to offer to enroll

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Wrong.

These kid's parents failed them.

edit on 5-9-2017 by DrStevenBrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
How many have seen this forgiveness play out twice? I'm not against DACA. Why did It happen twice, will we fix that? Everyone must be accountable in a big immigration plan. Including employers using Everify nationally.

link   
a reply to: matafuchs
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

Don't be stupid. The parents wanted something better for their kids besides living in drug, gang and warefare heavy areas. That isn't "failing" the children. It's being human. Just because you don't like the decision they made doesn't mean they failed their children. I would have made the same decision if I was them too. Kids shouldn't have to grow up in that type of hellhole and braving being deported, working under the table, and experiencing half the country be prejudiced against you is better than having the chance of being shot or kidnapped just for walking to the store to buy groceries.

You two are so out of touch it isn't even funny.
edit on 5-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   
These undocumented illegal aliens get to file FAFSA, then suck up government scholarship funds paid for by taxpayers when those scholarships should be going to taxpayer citizen's children.

What about the citizen Dreamers? They get left behind and their parents swindled.

Obama's policies were all about killing the American Dream for Americans.

MAGA, Trump wins again.

edit on 5-9-2017 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2017 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Correction.

Their parents failed these kids. Their parents brought them here and did nothing to get any kind of legal status, trusting to suckers like you to keep giving them stuff just because they broke the law in coming here.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Another out of touch person. There is no talking to someone who can't empathize with someone else's situation and why they would do something.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

If you say so but I blame it's the parents who chose to have their anchor babies here.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

a reply to: matafuchs

Don't be stupid. The parents wanted something better for their kids besides living in drug, gang and warefare heavy areas. That isn't "failing" the children. It's being human. Just because you don't like the decision they made doesn't mean they failed their children. I would have made the same decision if I was them too. Kids shouldn't have to grow up in that type of hellhole and braving being deported, working under the table, and experiencing half the country be prejudiced against you is better than having the chance of being shot or kidnapped just for walking to the store to buy groceries.

You two are so out of touch it isn't even funny.

No kids shouldn't have to grow up around that.

That is why the USA has laws in place to handle LEGAL immigration.

These kid's parents failed them by choosing to move them here ILLEGALLY.

Keep telling me I'm out of touch though. It makes me chuckle.

edit on 5-9-2017 by DrStevenBrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

So we punish them(the only country and system they know) for the "crimes" of another?
edit on 5-9-2017 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

If you lived in a warzone or a gang controlled country would you want your kids to grow up in it or would you risk breaking an immigration law to acquire a better life for your kids? Because I know the decision I'd make. Blaming the parents is the pinnacle of ignorance and callousness.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Targetiing legal children whose spot on college acceptance list gets taken by illegals and targeting taxpayers to foot the bill for illegal aliens is misguided. Targeting legal citzens who have been raped and murderd by "dreamers" who should never have beeen here is misguided.

The illegal alien parents are completey to blame and should not have been enabled to commit their crimes by Obama, the dems and the rinos to begin with.

If making children go "to a country they never knew" is such a horrible crime and abuse then charge the parents who brought the children to this country they never knew to begin with and charge the enabler politiciians as accomplices.

edit on 5-9-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

The same legal immigration that trump has been making it harder to obtain? The same legal immigration where you have to be super rich and have access to being able to travel to and from your native country's embassy all at your own expense? Yeah. I know people going through that system. My Chinese buddy is going on 15 years, last I checked, waiting for his green card. Thanks to Trump he gets to wait longer. Never mind that he is a phd and all sorts of computer certifications that would make him VERY valuable to a lot of IT companies.

So when I hear "legal immigration" as a rebuttal to defending hating illegal immigrants I just roll my eyes. Because you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join