It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Targeting DACA Kids is Misguided...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
it's incredibly misguided to deport these kids to countries they've never known. they're as american as any of the rest of us and would no doubt be a credit to this country if they were allowed to remain.

as for the yahoo talking about how they've had five years to work on becoming legal, so no sympathy if they aren't? do you have ANY familiarity with the labyrinthine and incredibly slow process our government puts people through when they try to become citizens?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

A majority of them are not kids.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
DACA is an unconstitutional work around congress.

The "kids" average age is 26. At what point do these "dreamers" take responsibility and get the process done?

Well with the attitude of a lot of Americans maybe they don't want to be identified.

link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I said average age.

If it averages to 26 then there are likely people well over that age that need to either make the right moves to get the process started, or they need to go back.

edit on 5 9 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

link   
DACA and The Dream Act(Dreamers) are two separate things. One is an illegal EO and the other is a bill that has been around since 2001. So, legally, no one has been promised anything just no getting deported.

DACA should be removed. Enough with the bleeding heart it will tear families apart garbage. it was a way to try to secure votes so if anyone used the "dreamers" it was the DNC.

The Dream Act, if they want to implement, should come after ACA reform and taxes. This is a bargaining chip folks. If Congress goes with Taxes and Healthcare Trump will not stop a Dream Act from being signed....sounds like business to me and Congress is now stuck because each time they bring up 'working hard on DACA' and nothing for the real issues facing legal citizens it is more and more votes lost.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

a reply to: projectvxn

Well let's deport the ones that aren't kids and are leeching the system and keep the kids instead.
edit on 9/5/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Well then they can leave.

I'm an immigrant. My sympathy only extends so far.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: kurthall

Yeah, and trump PROMISED them, that he was not going after the dreamers. That is a fact. He said it again and again, last year during his campaign and this year he has said it as well. Another lie.

Wrong, he said he wanted to find a way but it was congress who did nothing, blame them not Trump.

Naturally. It's NEVER Trump's fault. I can't imagine why anyone would think that the buck stops with him or anything.
edit on 5-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

a reply to: projectvxn

Well let's deport the ones that aren't kids and are leeching the system and keep the kids instead.

Im generally ok with that.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
It's like I said in another thread. If you deport these kids all its going to do is strengthen the cartels that are finally on the backfoot. At least by letting them stay they have the opportunity to contribute to society.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yeah, and trump PROMISED them, that he was not going after the dreamers. That is a fact. He said it again and again, last year during his campaign and this year he has said it as well. Another lie.

Wrong, he said he wanted to find a way but it was congress who did nothing, blame them not Trump.

Naturally. It's NEVER Trump's fault. I can't imagine why anyone would think that the buck stops with him or anything.

The president doesn't make law. DACA was Obamas attempt to make law from the executive. That is unconstitutional and breaks existing laws.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

No I am not wrong. He said it over and over again during his campaign last year. You cant change what he said. Last year he did not say, congress, blah, blah, blah. No He said he was not going after the dreamers. That is what he said. He also said it this year.

Back in June we had this as well.

www.usnews.com...

I am not going to bother posting a link from his campaign statements, because again he said it more than once. You clearly support the man, did you not watch him during the debates and rallys? You should know what he said, and stop making excuses for the man. I don't like him and even I know what he said, because I paid attention to the elections.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Lol, did congress fail these kids or not?

link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Some of us are not saying deport the kids.

Some of us believe we should deport those who are adults and have done nothing but leech from society.

link   
Agreed OP. Great thread and post.

We're going after the wrong people. Dont' we have more important fish to fry? This is such a minor issue.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: jjkenobi

Yeah and who's going to pay for that?

And as far as the rest, what part of "kids" is hard to understand?

As it was already stated, they aren't kids anymore. Stop trying to tug on heartstrings with lies.

Who pays for it? I don't care. Who pays for all the arrests and jailing of illegals? Who pays for all the hospital bills of illegals? Who pays to deport the same criminals 8+ times when they keep coming back? Who pays for any of it? It doesn't change the LOGIC. You have to cut off the flow of illegals. Pretty much every poll has 70%+ Americans want the border secured. Wake up and smell the coffee.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

No I am not wrong. He said it over and over again during his campaign last year. You cant change what he said. Last year he did not say, congress, blah, blah, blah. No He said he was not going after the dreamers. That is what he said. He also said it this year.

Back in June we had this as well.

www.usnews.com...

I am not going to bother posting a link from his campaign statements, because again he said it more than once. You clearly support the man, did you not watch him during the debates and rallys? You should know what he said, and stop making excuses for the man. I don't like him and even I know what he said, because I paid attention to the elections.

Quote it please or your lying.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
A poster in another thread said delaying it six months in congress is "genius".

lol. It's nothing but a cowardly manipulation. He's manipulating everybody with this one.

If Congress does a away with it, he can say he kept his promise to his extremely alt right supporters. If they keep it, he won't be the most hated person in North American, and his supporters will know it 'wasn't his fault".

What a manipulative pos. Cowardly too. I think the kitchen might be getting a bit too hot for this snowflake.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

And depending on how you define "leech from society" that's all well and good. But as of right now that's not how things stand. As of right now they're all going back. Continuing the US' long standing policy of keeping Latin America destabilized.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Fine, those who are active members of gangs such as MS 13 or committed any sort of crime should be deported period.

No ifs, buts, whatever.

edit on 9/5/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join