It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Targeting DACA Kids is Misguided...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Back to OP... when were these 'kids' being targeted before? Who says these 'kids' will be targeted now?

I say 'kids' because the average DACA age is 25. I wasn't a kid at 25, I had been on my own since I was 19 and was about to get married.

Kids, sheesh. Targeted, sheesh. Reel it in.

They have no path to legal citizenship that I have found. You were a late bloomer, married at 19, fathered my first at 24.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Back to OP... when were these 'kids' being targeted before? Who says these 'kids' will be targeted now?

I say 'kids' because the average DACA age is 25. I wasn't a kid at 25, I had been on my own since I was 19 and was about to get married.

These young adults essentially have a Green Card.

Trump knows he just can't make immigration laws.

They pay fees and do not have Police records.

Trump punted it to Congress where it belongs.

He put a six month time limit on Congress.

He may trade for something like a wall ?

I am not going to disagree with you, but why a wall, we have ways to do it way more efficiently?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: liejunkie01
I am one who generally believes that illegal means illegal. On that note I personally also believe that there should be a program where if these people can prove that they have been attempting to get citizenship and are progressively attempting to better their lives, then they should be granted citizenship.

I also believe that we need to strengthen the border to stop further illegals from entering our nation. No other nation on this planet allows people to freely walk across their border and declare "citizenship".

This is a huge debacle that has been created by groups of people that have obviously forgotten that our forefathers have shed blood, sweat, and tears to establish a country of laws and freedoms. Freedoms that people of other nations can and do get granted when they take the legal means to get here and are able to call themselves Americans.

We cannot allow our nation of laws to be constantly bombarded by people l, citizens or not, just because someone believes they are wronged. The world is full of "wrongs", all we can do is try to alleviate some of the wrongs and grant people the ability to gain citizenship legally and rightfully according to written laws. It seems that ignorance of these younger generations, including mine, is clouding lawful judgments for fear of hurting certain people's feelings or feeling sorry for people.

Lawful iimmigration should be the only kind of immigration allowed after this mess is sorted out.

Just my opinion

I am kind of one of those liberals, my family has been here since 1621, how long has yours been here?

I knew dairy farmers in the the SW of Colorado who still held their land under Spanish land grants. Some of your all's history ain't all what it is cracked up to be.

Thank you for asking.

My family has been in the United States of America since the mid 1600's. I have written about it here at ATS in many threads. So please spare me the "your all's history" crap.

I personally think you misread my whole comment above. I am quite certain that you misunderstood my whole point I was trying to make.

But that's ok,

Thank you for replying.
edit on 6-9-2017 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2017 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

They have no path to legal citizenship that I have found. You were a late bloomer, married at 19, fathered my first at 24.

They have a path, some people just don't like it.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
I am one who generally believes that illegal means illegal. On that note I personally also believe that there should be a program where if these people can prove that they have been attempting to get citizenship and are progressively attempting to better their lives, then they should be granted citizenship.

I also believe that we need to strengthen the border to stop further illegals from entering our nation. No other nation on this planet allows people to freely walk across their border and declare "citizenship".

This is a huge debacle that has been created by groups of people that have obviously forgotten that our forefathers have shed blood, sweat, and tears to establish a country of laws and freedoms. Freedoms that people of other nations can and do get granted when they take the legal means to get here and are able to call themselves Americans.

We cannot allow our nation of laws to be constantly bombarded by people l, citizens or not, just because someone believes they are wronged. The world is full of "wrongs", all we can do is try to alleviate some of the wrongs and grant people the ability to gain citizenship legally and rightfully according to written laws. It seems that ignorance of these younger generations, including mine, is clouding lawful judgments for fear of hurting certain people's feelings or feeling sorry for people.

Lawful iimmigration should be the only kind of immigration allowed after this mess is sorted out.

Just my opinion

I have lost family members in every war this country has fought on both sides, until Korea. Some how you think your sorry ass ideas will solve the immigration crisis?

Now I have been a member of ATS for some time now. I take pride in the fact that I tend to reside on the side of T&C's of this site.

So with that being said,

I applaud your family for fighting for our great nation, just as I applaud my family members past and present that have and will continue to fight for OUR great nation.

The complete ignorance and lack of respect that you keep spouting about here on this great site is a complete and more importantly show of how you and your Morales are affected by the complete incompetence to realize that this nation is not just yours. Unfortunately for you we have to share our FREE country with other individuals, some of which you show no respect for, and we all have to follow the laws of the land.

I am so sad to break it to you, but you are one of the reasons why ignorant ideology and quite frankly uneducated ignorant assumptions are ruining this country.

We are a nation where everyone is treated equal, or supposed to be, and if people want to come here legally then they should be allowed. If political hpolders of power make unjust rulings and allow people to come here and stay illegally, then we need to come to a resolution to fix the problem.

So please stop with all of the assuming about me and my American heritage. You know nothing of my family members that have fought and died for this great nation.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: whyamIhere

The average age of a Dreamer is 25. This is a big Country.

Sounds like Americans in that age group should have no problem with finding a job then.

How are they supposed to find a job in our country if they are deported?

I heard today that in order to continue to qualify for DACA, you have to have a job or be going to school anyway. So the people that are still living under DACA here don't have trouble finding work, by definition, or they wouldn't be here. Some are even in the military.

Throwing them back to their family's country of origin is what will put them out of work.
edit on 06pmWed, 06 Sep 2017 23:07:49 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I am not going to disagree with you, but why a wall, we have ways to do it way more efficiently?

I don't want a physical wall. Electronic is fine with me.

Trump wants the wall. He wants to make a deal.

800,000 DACA kids for funding for the wall.

I'll bet he gets Dems to pay for that wall.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

I have lost family members in every war this country has fought on both sides, until Korea.

Did you just pull a Lt. Dan on us?

Gump would be proud Bubba.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
If a majority are of age 18-26, then why cant they take their shiny degrees and love for our country and go sign up to be a citizen, fill out their selective service card, and stop claiming theyre Mexicans and waving their damn mexican Flag in protest. Thats just as offensive as the damn Rebel Flag, and yeah if you wanna wrap yourselves in it, then you deserve deportation. Its not like you havent had your chance.

I have a good El Salvadoran friend who came here with nothing at 18 in a bananna truck smuggled in for $9000 US dollars, 7 people died in that truck on the way thru mexico. He hit the ground and got a job, ridiculously paid back his smugglers, learned english, and within one year was beating down the door to apply for citizenship. Studied for and passed his test and is now a proud US citizen.

If the threat of returning to those places isnt enough for these people, then let them go there and make a difference in their country of origin, the US doesnt owe them anything, especially those lacking the will to commit themselves to the act of becoming citizens. You can dream all you want, but you need to act on your own behalf to become citizens.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

a reply to: whyamIhere

The average age of a Dreamer is 25. This is a big Country.

Sounds like Americans in that age group should have no problem with finding a job then.

How are they supposed to find a job in our country if they are deported?

I heard today that in order to continue to qualify for DACA, you have to have a job or be going to school anyway. So the people that are still living under DACA here don't have trouble finding work, by definition, or they wouldn't be here. Some are even in the military.

Throwing them back to their family's country of origin is what will put them out of work.

Im sorry but as a person that has been gainfully employed since the age of 16 , and worked a steady 23 years, 21 at one job. I dont feel the least bit sad for someone that isnt holding a job, that isnt here legally, and hasnt took the time to gain legal status, while they are not gainfully employed. Its simple get it together, get a job, fill out the forms, take the test, or Go back . If you've hours to protest, youd be well advised to instead put that wasted time in to get yourself legal.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
The "dreamers" have had 5 years now to legally work on their immigration status.

If in that 5 years they did nothing to legitimize their immigration status I have no sympathy.

The only avenue Dreamers had to legitimize their immigration status was to either Marry a US Citizen or have a child that is a US Citizen by birth. Demanding teenagers and kids in their early 20's to either get married or knocked up is not "legitimizing".

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Sorry but 20's is not a kid.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChrisM101

Its simple get it together, get a job, fill out the forms, take the test, or Go back . If you've hours to protest, youd be well advised to instead put that wasted time in to get yourself legal.

Ignorance...We are all ignorant in given areas...but it still seems absurd to me when people choose to talk sh** in their ignorant sweet spot rather than learn and listen.

The route for DACA is to marry a US Citizen and self deport then re-apply for green-card.

edit on 7-9-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Sorry but 20's is not a kid.

???

Who cares? That was not relevant to the post?

Idiots on here are saying ignorant things like all DACA folks had to do was apply for a green-card.

They can not unless they marry a US citizen or have a child (21 years or older)..and in both circumstances they would have to leave the country and apply from abroad and take their chances.

You post seemed disconnected.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I don't want a physical wall. Electronic is fine with me.

Trump wants the wall. He wants to make a deal.

800,000 DACA kids for funding for the wall.

I'll bet he gets Dems to pay for that wall.

I thought Mexico was paying for the wall?

And not to litigate basic civics...but it's not the Dems that would pay for the wall, it's everyone. That is how taxes work. Well ...not everyone...folks like Trump that don't pay taxes wouldn't be pitching in.
edit on 7-9-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

They also have the choice to no break the law.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

in both circumstances they would have to leave the country and apply from abroad and take their chances.

I don't see a problem.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Its simple get it together, get a job, fill out the forms, take the test, or Go back . If you've hours to protest, youd be well advised to instead put that wasted time in to get yourself legal.

Ignorance...We are all ignorant in given areas...but it still seems absurd to me when people choose to talk sh** in their ignorant sweet spot rather than learn and listen.

The route for DACA is to marry a US Citizen and self deport then re-apply for green-card.

Thats the limited "sure bet" but nothing prevents them from applying for a green card.
Spend 5 years as a greencard holder and become naturalized citizen after that.

The get married and wait 3 years to become naturalized is the quicker option.

But there should be a reqirement of these people who just hold green cards to either committ or go home at the end of 5 years. we really dont need a load of foreign nationals who dont want to be Americans.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Thats the limited "sure bet" but nothing prevents them from applying for a green card.
Spend 5 years as a greencard holder and become naturalized citizen after that.

The get married and wait 3 years to become naturalized is the quicker option.

But there should be a reqirement of these people who just hold green cards to either committ or go home at the end of 5 years. we really dont need a load of foreign nationals who dont want to be Americans.

Wrong again. DACA recipients are not eligible to apply for Greencard...Unless they are married to a US Citizen or have a Child that is a US citizen over 21 YOA...even then they must leave the country before applying.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join