It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Genocide Occurring in Myanmar

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

You seemed to have thought this happened in a vacuum where the Rohingya were totally without sin. Not condoning Genocide but when you have situations like this, where both sides make it sound like the other is at fault, it usually means that both sides are being disingenuous with their claims. The Rohingya have wanted to be annexed by Bangladesh for ever. That hardly seems like something a Myanmar Citizen would want to do. Can't have it both ways. Either you are a citizen of a country or Someone wanting to leave said country. I get that they have been treated as non Citizens by the Government there. It's a tale old as time. I was here first ! No, I was here First !.

I Doubt Myanmar Gives them autonomy and I doubt the Rohingya will want to stay in Myanmar even if given equal rights. It's a messed up situation caused by unregulated Migration. What a Shock. There's probably a lesson to be learned by this, but I doubt anyone will notice it.

I don't see it being resolved in a peaceful or humane way, to be honest. The Military in Myanmar is pretty set in their ways and they are the real power there still.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

It's a messed up situation caused by unregulated Migration. What a Shock. There's probably a lesson to be learned by this, but I doubt anyone will notice it.

I agree with a lot of what you said but I have to call you out on this statement. Calling it unregulated migration is disingenuous and makes it seem like you're trying to use this horrific situation to make a political point. It wasn't the product of "unregulated migration." It was the product of British colonialism. The same evil institution that gave birth to similar situations the world over.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I Doubt Myanmar Gives them autonomy and I doubt the Rohingya will want to stay in Myanmar even if given equal rights. It's a messed up situation caused by unregulated Migration. What a Shock. There's probably a lesson to be learned by this, but I doubt anyone will notice it.

You honestly believe *Unregulated Migration* is the cause of the mess in Myanmar...?! FFS...educate yourself on the geopolitical history of that region and perhaps you will discover *the real causes* instead of using this ongoing humanitarian crisis to project your animosity towards immigrants.

The Rohingya: Myanmar Mass Murder Made in America: www.globalresearch.ca...

However, anyone at all familiar with Myanmar’s recent history and the nature of the current government’s support base knows that the unfolding tragedy among the Rohingya minority was not only predictable, but with Aung San Suu Kyi coming to power, inevitable.

The fact that Suu Kyi’s political party came to power on a decades-long tsunami of US and European cash and political support, despite US-European knowledge of Suu Kyi’s supporters harbouring racist, even genocidal intentions toward the Rohingya, makes the West at the very least partially responsible for the current crisis.

Myanmar’s Minister of Information Was Trained by America

Not only has the US and UK substantially funded and backed Suu Kyi’s political party, but ministers within her government have been trained by US-funded programmes, including Myanmar’s current Minister of Information Pe Myint.

I posted this in my previous comment:

Center For Strategic & International Studies: 'Armed Forces and Democratization in Myanmar: Why the U.S. Military Should Engage the Tatmadaw' - dated September 13, 2016

www.csis.org...

Perhaps, you can connect the dots...?

There's probably a lesson to be learned by doing so, but I doubt anyone will notice it...

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

But why cannot Muslim integrate themselves and live in peace with others, instead of using the fertility demographics tool to get more control over the region. It is the Muslim conquer mentality (all have to be muslim) and not allowing any other religions to coexist with them that create the problem in the first place.

If the Muslim would not have gone on a rampage conquering India genociding the Hindu and Buddhist by the sword because of their duality dogmas there would not have been any Muslim in eastern Asia.

The Hindus, Buddhist, Taoists and Sikhs can live in peace since they can overcome their small differences. The stronger fundamentalist they are the more peaceful they are since they understand their non-dualistic core message.

It is the opposite with Abrahamic religions. The more fundamentalist they are the worse is the behavior since the core message is our faith is right and all other are wrong.

Christianety have made part of the journey (reformation) towards becoming more non-dualistic. When will Islam make the same journey? Or is every Muslim cursed for all times to be separated and disconnected of all who are not part of his grouping.
edit on 5-9-2017 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The "Religion of Peace" spreading it's goodwill yet again.

Remind me how modern day Islam and Christianity are similar again?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Once a traitor always a traitor. they are reaping what their parents and they themselves sowed. Its another case of Poor me im so innocent...and they have hands covered in blood themselves.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

By that logic the US are a nation of traitors and genocidal maniacs. So you will gladly accept our own fate when the axe inevitably falls?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

Remind me how it's ever right to justify the beheading of children and the burning of people alive.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

If they hadn't migrated there from Muslim Predominant countries/areas, then this problem vanishes. It is the Genesis of this problem. I don't condone the actions of targeting civilians at all. For such a religion of peace, Islam seems in open conflict with anyone they come in contact with, weird huh?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: VengefulGhost

Every article I've read states right out in the open that this started with the events of August 25th. But those events certainly don't exist in a vacuum. The Rohingya have been persecuted for years. It's only natural for them to fight back at some point. And even then it does not justify the actions the military are taking against innocent people if the refugees are to be believed.

The Rohingya have been killing raping, bombing, attacking and playing the Muslim end game of state within a state for years. I for one wish others in S.E. Asia would would follow Burma's retaliation against those who want to force their way of life and religion on others.

Every where you look in Asia with very few exceptions (none I can think of presently) where their is a minority of Muslims the bombs and bullets against the majority seem to follow. So I for one will not shed a tear as they bring this crap upon themselves by letting the religious hot heads run the show.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

If the British hadn't gone on a colonization spree this wouldn't have happened. That is the Genesis of this problem. Funny how everywhere the British colonized there have been issues with genocide.
edit on 9/5/2017 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Once a traitor always a traitor.

As someone that has been arguing against the demolition of Confederate statues, do you not see the irony in this statement?

Let's do a thought experiment. Let's say following the Civil War it was decided that people from the South were not pardoned. Instead it was decided that everyone in the former CSA region were living on US land but were not US citizens. Then let's say that over the following decades the rights of these people were stripped more and more. Fast forward to today and your son is getting beheaded by the government while your neighbor's house is burned down with him trapped inside.

Are you going to sit by idly and do nothing? Are you going to believe that this is deserved because of the actions of your ancestors?
edit on 9/5/2017 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

So you think that innocents should be killed en masse because a few people choose to stand up against the government?

The Rohingya haven't been fighting for secession for almost 60 years. In the intervening years they have more or less been opposing a government that treats them less than human.

Is that really something of which you approve?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

If the British hadn't gone on a colonization spree this wouldn't have happened. That is the Genesis of this problem. Funny how everywhere the British colonized there have been issues with genocide.

maybe the problem is the British gave up the Empire game too soon?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Erdogan asked Bangladesh to open the border and declared that Turks will pay for the cost of the refugees .

I m already paying for Syrian refugees and it seems i will be paying for Myanmar refugees too .

Meanwhile the ignoramesus on ATS are still being ignorant as usual .

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Not endorsing colonialism.
Notice you skipped that part about where Islam goes, as a general trend, violence towards non Muslims happen till Islam is the majority in lands they Migrate to. Islam is so tolerant of non Muslims and Islamic Migrants always assimilate into Non Muslim lands.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
Which was started when the rohingya decided it was a good idea to attack police stations and military outposts in myanmar .
Which led to them fleeing when the police and military in myanmar cracked down on them after the attacks . Which gets left out of the story the media telling the world .
Been follow events since it started .

Uh-huh, okay.

But here's some BACKGROUND

Background[edit]
Further information: Rohingya people
The Rohingya people are an ethnic minority that mainly live in the northern region of Rakhine State, Myanmar.[35][36][37] They describe themselves as descendants of Arab traders who settled in the region many generations ago.[35] Some scholars have stated that they have been present in the region since the 15th century.[38] However, they have been denied citizenship by the government of Myanmar, which sees them as illegal immigrants from Bangladesh.[35] In modern times, the persecution of Rohingyas in Myanmar dates back to the 1970s.[39] Since then, Rohingya people have regularly been made the target of persecution by the government and nationalist Buddhists.[40]

en.wikipedia.org...

Areas in the ME have been fighting throughout the CENTURIES. There are no new wars, only new battles.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

No one gives 2 Sh*t about Muslims on this forum. 90% Fake as* bacon loving Christians!

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
OP thanks for sharing, knowing it's hard because this breaking news doesn't fit the site narrative now days. I think you made some fair, thought provoking points, as well. It's a travesty overall that needs more attention.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

LOL youre missing a key difference. Under the law the south was pardoned. The people in Myanmar..were not. SO legally the comparison falls flat.

In short. Myanmar is their own country. Dont you all say we should mind our own business? take your own advice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join