It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Occult? Personal experiences, interests, different approaches.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Hi everyone, i just wanna open a debate surrounding the occult. The goal is to keep a conversation in Occult themed backgrounds and with respect to others.

It is obvious that here there will be different opinions etc. Let us learn from it without bull# and respect each others views.

So.. I am 22 years old and have an interest in occult and i am always searching for more paths as to understand the world and people around me. I recently joined one occult society and got some experience with it. So far i like it. But i dont wanna be limited by the views of the society i choose and adapt the tunnel vision in occult world. So from what background are you and what are you here for? Interests, People, Knowledge?

I also practice the LBRP and am happy to talk over it as i dont understand it completely yet. I am reading a lot about Kabbalah, Alchemy, Hermetics, Esoteric teachings, Hinduism, Vajrayana etc. and am open for more!
i just need some opinions from other people here on ATS
hope to see a good debate here soon!

Nanna-Sin

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Jufak

Background as in social groups?
Or ethnicity background?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Occult well that's the hidden world. In a way it's the same as simulation theory. For me the occult is the source code that's running this simulation. Occult is Closely connected to consciousness and the human soul. Potent stuff not to be toyed with.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

You can find buttloads of threads on a myriad of occult topics here on ATS. Use the search feature.

Naturally some of these threads are bound to contain incomplete knowledge of a topic or outright nonsense but learning to use discernment is a key that opens up many doors.

Here's two of the most significant threads in ATS history:

All Roads Lead to Rome: a jumping off point for so many rabbitholes.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hidden Hand: A self-proclaimed member of a ruling bloodline family has a Q & A. Whether he's legitimate or not, his words are very thought provoking.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I too, at one time, was very interested in the occult. My interests were more centered around, esotericism, various forms of spirituality, psychic phenomena and UFOs.

Over the years, while I maintained a sporadic interest, I have etched away from my interests. There are several reasons for this I suppose. For one, it seems to me that curiosity about such things tend to diminish with age. Two, I have had some experiences that suggested it might not be in my best interest to continue my search into such subjects. Three, I just haven't had the time to research as much as I used to. Life tends to get in the way. This is probably the primary reason, frankly.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Big differences between occult, culture and a cult.

How to recognize cults

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
Occult well that's the hidden world. In a way it's the same as simulation theory. For me the occult is the source code that's running this simulation. Occult is Closely connected to consciousness and the human soul. Potent stuff not to be toyed with.

Indeed you are correct.

If i could go back, id tell myself a few things:

1) RUN. FAST AND FAR.

2) Dont be gullible. Dont believe anything fully except fundamental truths.

3) Always use critical reasoning especially when it comes to this stuff.

4) Dont obsess. Give yourself breaks.

I dont know what your journey looks like, but you may find some kernels of truth and usefullness in these points.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Hi, Jufak.

I personally never considered this to be within the realm of "the occult", but for the last 20 years or so, I have studied and practiced the energy arts of healing (both self and for others), chakra and meridian healing, manifestation (via the law of attraction) and protection through focused energy against those who would harm me. I was born an empath with a very strong vibration. My childhood was miserable because of this, so over the years, I've had to learn different modes of protection to guard against physic vampires and other energy-seeking types of entities. I've been told that I'm like a beacon to those who want to feed on energy. There have even been times during a Reiki session (being administered on me by a Reiki Master), when undesirables tried to come through. They can be very insidious. I have a very close friend who is the High Priestess of a Wiccan coven; she tells me that it was her soul's choice of religion before she was even born. It's a huge positive part of her life and she loves it. She's come to my aid on more than one occasion to perform banishments when I was tricked and allowed someone or something to attach to me. I've only ever allowed white magic in times of personal danger and because of some really terrifying and dangerous past experiences, I've chosen not to practice it myself.

All that being said, I think it's wonderful that you're exploring your curiosity, but as others have said, any type of occult or even spiritual practice can be very dangerous in inexperienced hands, so please just make sure that this group you've joined is governed by someone pure of heart and intent. Don't ever let someone talk you into something that doesn't feel right to you. We were all born with the gift of intuition and whether you've honed that skill or not, you should know when something is off. Otherwise, good luck in your education! I hope you find practices that bring health and happiness to your life.

TG

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: timidgal

What does it feel like to have someone or something attatch to you? How do you know?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
You should probably consider learning "Spanish" and then your journey to the core is inexplicably over.

Begin with the word: "Occult" which in Spanish is, due to mechanics and pronounciation, Asalto! aka Assault...
First learn your name and it's roots. And.... begin to give thanks for those around you who are worth living and dying for. That gracious act is sounded out in a prayer to god. Pick a side before you datbble.tet

PM any

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ElOmen

Oh geez, you can just feel it, at least as an empath I can. The vibration of your entire body changes and becomes palpitable as you're consciously or subconsciously trying to get it off. This could be very subtle at first as they try to go unnoticed. I personally will feel like I can't breathe, I'll be sick to my stomach and feel like a draining battery. At this point, I have to try to smoke it off (I use a sage stick) and ask for help from my angels. If this doesnt happen quickly enough, I will invoke protection from the Brotherhood of the Great White Light. Nine of 10 times, it will release and vanish. And then there are those occasions when I start to lose time. When that happens, it signals to me that this thing doesn't just want to attach itself to me and that's when I call my friend.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I've recently been getting into it too. I listen to a podcast called Last Podcast on the Left, they talk about the paranormal a lot and they made a series of episodes about magick (that's how it's spelled I guess, I dunno). They are no experts, and since you are already in a society it might be old news to you, but I recommend them to anyone who is interested in the subject and the history of it.

They're also a comedy podcast though, so you have to take it with a grain of salt. And they're pretty irreverent, not safe for work.

On Soundcloud:

Right Hand Path
Left Hand Path
Chaos Magic 1
Chaos Magic 2

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Cyber Shaman here manipulating time and space the old fashion way with ritual and cactus.

When opening the doors of C hapel Perilous ...be armed with the sword of faith and the shield of knowledge; say hello to the trickster for me.

www.mindmachines.com...
edit on 5-9-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The illuminati has a big secret and it's that we live in a computer.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Hi there, I'm 45, highly educated (PhD in a science, Mastesr in Business etc) and work in the Science industry (Pharma),. On top of all that, I am a Pagan. A path many people consider to be occultic and mystical. Specifically I am a Celtic Re-constructionist, and till recently a NeoPagan Druid.

I'm willing to talk (here or in PM).

Edit (hit send too soon).

To break it down about my path. My Occult leanings are totally culturally based (the Celts, specifically the Gaels but more broadly the Indo-European peoples). Its not black or white, left or right, but a tool, which has a spectrum of views and applications.
edit on 5-9-2017 by Noinden because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Thank you all for your answers
! I was wondering how reiki works and am willing to learn more.. and yes i would kindly ask anyone who is willing to have a PM conversation to PM me please. i am currently at work so have little time.. Buti would love to debate over occult and Magick

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Simple answer of "How Reiki wikrs" (note I'm a skeptic (open minded) over this).

Energy alignment.

Longer answer: It involves aligning, healing, etc of chakras, meridians and nadis, using the aura.

Myself I don't hold to the idea of CHakra, but my Gaelic Reconstrucionist path has a similar idea, the Cauldrons of posey (there are only three) so I can't totally dissmiss them

top topics

join