It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shoring-Up ObamaCare is NOT Going to Help - Lobby Groups Are Disgusting.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: carewemust

Its simple. If the insurance market crashes, and they are unable to cover copays, then doctors and hospitals wont be receiving very many patients on account of the $7.5k x-rays and $2k follow-ups. So doctors and hospitals will be forced to drop their over inflated prices to keep their jobs.

Why does everyone exclude the medical system from supply and demand? If you introduce free market economics, it will become affordable. So our quickest and most effective solution would be to let the insurance market crash.

Its too bad Americans don't have the balls to actually let it happen.

That's true. If the health insurance market crashes, the costs for medical procedures, prescriptions, tests, and hospital stays will plummet like a rock. But will quality of care follow suit? That's a big unknown.

But knowing our Congress, and how they're "in bed" with the entire industry, a crash will not be allowed.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: carewemust

It seems the people receiving the money want more money.

They are scared that the money coming from taxpayers may stop. They don't give a damn about the people who buy health insurance, or the patients who need medical care.

Some do care about their patients. Many doctors also worry about the employment of their co-workers and employees. Is it evil that these doctors and professionals want others they work with to make a living?

We have a conflict of interest in the medical trades which is way more of a contributing factor than doctors wanting to get rich. I do not have a solution for this problem since people need to make a living. I think Trumps idea to bring manufacturing jobs back to America would help to solve this problem, the people can work and make a decent wage producing products our society needs.

It's not ALL doctors...just some doctors. I know one who is making 3 times more in revenue, because ObamaCare enables him to bill the insurance company 3 times for certain types of visits.

One example relates to an obesity checkup. In just one session, he gets $300 for the physical checkup, $250 for 5 minutes of counseling, and $100 if a treatment regime (diet/exercise) is prescribed. This takes less than 30 minutes. And if the person is an overweight SMOKER, there's more money to be made from the session. This is all FREE from the patient's vantage point, but his health insurance company will pay out at least $550, for the physical and counseling.

My granddaughter just went to the doctor to get three vaccinations for school. The bill for the three vaccinations was right around seven hundred fifty bucks. The tree shots were all around fifty six bucks a piece and each had a little over two hundred dollar apiece charge to administer them. It ran about seven hundred sixty something total. There wasn't even a doctors visit charge on these for that price, the granddaughter did not even see a doctor for the shots that they needed to have. These vaccines are a scam, my daughter only authorized the necessary ones for school, only one of those shots was actually required, the doctor tricked her into believing they were mandatory.

Thanks for sharing that, RickyMouse. I don't know about your state, but in Illinois, the back-to-school and also the infant vaccinations are 100% free at county clinics. Unfortunately, the vast majority of parents aren't aware of this, and of course, the government doesn't advertise it.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

If you have to, yeah. Sell your house. If you cant live within your means without having to buy into (inflationary) scams like insurance, or forcing the rest of the nation to share your burden, then sell your house. Go build a ferro-cement dome out in the desert, and live a self sustaining minimalist life style. Whatever you have to do to survive. That's what our ancestors did, why are we so special?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

That's what our ancestors did, why are we so special?

Everyone is special.

Tell me, do you think the world is the same as it was 10,000 years ago? A thousand years ago was a fun time, wasn't it?

Oh wait, no. There was no ATS then, was there?

edit on 9/6/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I think Phage lives in hurricane-alley. His house won't sell at a fair price until after global warming shifts the weather patterns.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

These vaccines are a scam,

The scam being? She won't get those diseases anymore, seems like a win to me if I was a parent.

The real scam is people that talk like you trying to convince others their children don't need medical care because of $200 being more important than their well being.

Vaccines changed the entire human race, have saved countless lives, and are almost solely responsible for our recent population growth and the eradication of many diseases. If everyone were vaccinated the diseases literally die out. People that don't get vaccinated and allow these diseases to exist are the only plague left on society, vaccines killed the rest.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I promise your that around every major city, there are more than a handful of doctors and interns who put patients first. These are the same doctors who continue to take ObamaCare, Medicare, and Medicaid patients even though the reimbursements suck.

I drove across state lines to have a wisdom tooth pulled for $180 out of pocket, where it would have been over $400 in my state. You do what you have to do, but forcing the burden on your fellow citizens is unacceptable. My Plan B was to remove the tooth myself. I've done much worse to myself.

edit on 6-9-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
www.dph.illinois.gov...

You should sign-up as an Illinois family counselor. You're receive a fair wage, LOL.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Yeah, everyone is "special", but no one is entitled. Life comes with risks. If you want to live, then accept the risks.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Yep. Put the old ones out on the ice. The bears will take care of 'em.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

My Plan B was to remove the tooth myself. I've done much worse to myself.

And when you botch removing it yourself and die to gangrene, I'll be sure to mark the tombstone:
"Needed no help removing no teef."

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

www.dph.illinois.gov...

You should sign-up as an Illinois family counselor. You're receive a fair wage, LOL.

What?
You said that the state "does not advertise" free vaccinations. It does. What are you talking about now?

edit on 9/6/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

I promise your that around every major city, there are more than a handful of doctors and interns who put patients first. These are the same doctors who continue to take ObamaCare, Medicare, and Medicaid patients even though the reimbursements suck.

I drove across state lines to have a wisdom tooth pulled for $180 out of pocket, where it would have been over $400 in my state. You do what you have to do, but forcing the burden on your fellow citizens is unacceptable. My Plan B was to remove the tooth myself. I've done much worse to myself.

Yes, you are correct. 60% of doctors in my state (Illinois) accept ObamaCare. Far fewer accept Medicaid. Medicare is a strange animal. In one highly populated county, not a single gynecologist accepts Medicare.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

www.dph.illinois.gov...

What?
You said that the state "does not advertise" free vaccinations. It does. What are you talking about now?

That's a website. I said "advertise". If you provide a service, have a website, but do not advertise, most people will not know of your service.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

In one highly populated county, not a single gynecologist accepts Medicare.

Which highly populated county would that be?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

In one highly populated county, not a single gynecologist accepts Medicare.

Which highly populated county would that be?

It's called KANE county Illinois. As of 2015, no gynecologists accepted Medicare.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I never said anything remotely like that. I'm just saying that disease and death is a part of life, and in most cases its on one fault. We could make health care affordable by cutting out the 3rd party payer scams and reintroducing a competitive market, or we can just die slowly popping metformin, lisinopril, and atorvastatin in between lantus injections until we reach the donut hole and cant afford to anymore.

I work in retail pharmacy. The system is already leaving the old ones out on the ice. Its called the donut hole.

edit on 6-9-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Is Aurora in Kane County?
www.rushcopley.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

The system is already leaving the old ones out on the ice.

So dump the system and wait for it to fix itself.

Good plan.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join