It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth comes out about the manhandled nurse...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I hadn't realized it was even being reported differently. What you posted, the truth, is exactly how it was reported on Canadian news, from the beginning.

I find that quite often, American news sources reporting news differently than others..🤔

**Just noticed about the victim being a part time officer. I don't think they knew that part, but he was reportedly a completely innocent victim.

edit on 5-9-2017 by snowspirit because: Added

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Literally nothing in the OP is news, nor has it been "reported differently." All of it is stuff that has been discussed in the other thread for days.

I can only surmise the OP finally read an article about it, decided he had cracked the case, and didn't want his "revelation" buried in the original thread about the incident.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

He wasn't the drunk driver.. he was the victim!!!!!

Was this not known? I saw some comments saying that this guy was the victim of the wreck, not the one fleeing, almost from day one of the incident.

But I agree, it makes it exponentially worse for what the officer did (and the other officer, who is also under investigation)

So this wasn't just one cop..

I also thought that this was common knowledge...are people just not paying attention?

I have no idea how people do not recognize the institutional problems with our law enforcement..

If only 1% of cops are bad, then how do we keep seeming multiple officers covering up misconduct???

Well, here's where your penchant for editorializing and demagoguery doesn't do you any favors.

According to Wiki:

In 2008, federal police employed approx. 120,000 full-time law enforcement officers, authorized to make arrests and carry firearms in the United States.

In 2008, state and local law enforcement agencies employed more than 1.1 million people on a full-time basis, including about 765,000 sworn personnel (defined as those with general arrest powers). Agencies also employed approximately 100,000 part-time employees, including 44,000 sworn officers.

So, assuming that numbers have rebounded up (the article notes that these 2008 numbers were down from 2004) and that 1% of current law enforcement is a higher number, we'll still err on the side of caution and use these 2008 numbers. Adding all of the bolded numbers together, you get approximately 929,000 sworn officers with arresting capabilities. Using simple math, we come to the conclusion that 9,290 cops are bad cops like what we see in this forum and on the news.

With 9,290 bad LEOs in America, we should be seeing, on average, 25.45 individual, unique cases of bad-coppery per day, and that's assuming that these officers only do one bad thing once per year.

Yet, here we are, in a reality where we don't necessarily see 25.45 unique cases of bad-coppery each day--and when I mean "bad cop," I mean the types that we see in this forum, not just a cop that was rude to someone they pulled over for a speeding ticket or someone who gave an asinine ticket for jaywalking.

So, yes, it fully plausible that 99% of LEOs are good cops that do their jobs either by the book, or in favor of the civilian. To continually imply that this is an impossibility just because of a subjective determination because we see video of cops doing the wrong thing is a very poor approach to take.
edit on 5-9-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

I first heard it sold as if the victim in the video was the drunk driver being pursued..

Imho when hearing this story I think most would assume that is the case , because why would they even be testing the random person the drunk driver hit during a high speed chase.

Even if the police didn't report that, it's easy to see how the Internet news sites could make that assumption.

The alternative is just insane.

edit on 5-9-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I think your math on officers is way off..

A) I think your assuming that every corrupt act gets reported.. or comes to light and I would bet the VAST majority we hear nothing about..

B) if we are assuming only 1% that would require every bad cop in that city to be at that hospital, at the same time..

For example a friend watched a cop run a red light (without cause or sirens on) and hit some teenage girl..
the officer then proceeded to try and pretend it was the girl who was at fault.

The normal 3 or 4 patrol cars showed up to deal with the wreck and my friend who had witnessed it spoke up that the officer was at fault. To which 3 of the other officers tried to intimidate him into leaving and allowing the girl to take the fall.

So what is the mathematical probability that the officer in question and the 3/4 officers who showed up , were the only bad cops??

That those 5 guys just by million to one odds were all the first responders on the scene???

Imho barely more than zero..

At that one event he had bad 4/5 cops show up.. that doesn't sound like 1%..

That said I think the real number is likely 20%+ with the full spectrum of corruption between them all..

All of that said the good officers are the cream of society.. the ones who avoid being tax collectors and are out there making the world a better place.

Some who would kill, some who wouldn't kill but will steal, all 20% willing to lie and falsify evidence or at least cover up for another officer who did..

edit on 5-9-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Who the f cares about mr. victims blood so much? Its like they thought he was christ himself after his #in lucky charms.

You dont even have to read between the lines. Some people tried to # around and now theyre #ing screwed, royally.

So, deal with it.

edit on 5-9-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This topic is being discussed here, and at length
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join