It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Gore Outsold On Kindle By An E-Book Debunking ‘An Inconvenient Sequel’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Looks like public sentiment may finally be turning against the climate hysteria industry...

Gore released the sequel to his widely popular 2006 film “An Inconvenient Truth” in August, embarking on a media tour to promote the book and film. But so far, ticket sales have lagged, and even left-wing reviewers have harshly criticized the film.

The e-book published to accompany Gore’s film is ranked #51,031 for purchases in the Kindle Store, according to Amazon.com. Spencer’s book is ranked #1,201 for Kindle Store purchases.

Sorry Al, it seems that people have tired of your "the sky is falling!" message...or should I say, "the glaciers are melting!"

Video of glaciers calving and Greenland melting is another example, it happens every year, just as it has for thousands of years, and 2017 was a huge snow accumulation year with little melting.

But...CO2 is making the oceans rise, and now Miami Beach is flooding out (says Al).

"Sea level has been rising steadily at about 1 inch per decade for over 150 years, long before CO2 emissions could be blamed,” Spencer said, noting one of Gore’s most egregious deceptions in the film. “In Miami Beach, the rise is double because the buildings were built on reclaimed swamp, which is now sinking,” Spencer said.

The Academy Award winning film meister (about as deserving of this as Obama was of the Nobel Peace Prize) claims in his film/book that global warming has led to a reduction in Corn and Wheat yields in China. Fact check...

“Agricultural yields around the world have continued to increase, with no sign of negative effects from global warming,” Spencer said. “His claim that corn and wheat yields in China have decreased in recent decades is, quite simply, false.”

Al Gore Debunked

Poor Al...long-time feeder at the public trough, self-proclaimed inventor of the internet, one-time (very) successful climate con man, just could not sit back and laugh all the way to the bank (P.T. Barnum style), he had to go and try to sell a sequel to the original hoax.

Fade away Mr. Gore. Just fade away.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

I kinda saw this coming, the guy's only in it for the money, there's no global warming just natural climate drift.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

"Sea level has been rising steadily at about 1 inch per decade for over 150 years, long before CO2 emissions could be blamed,” Spencer said, noting one of Gore’s most egregious deceptions in the film. “In Miami Beach, the rise is double because the buildings were built on reclaimed swamp, which is now sinking,” Spencer said.

As a kid in school I was taught most of Florida is either at sea level or below.
Gore just feeds off the ignorant.....which makes him one of the low-life scum of the world.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Like a fiddle.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Some more little proof that there is still hope for mankind.

But Manbearpig, maybe not so much.

Go home Al you're drunk. Yes that home, the brightest object in the solar system.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Man, maybe I too should capitalize on right-wing outrage.... It sells really really well.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

For sure!

Can anyone offer an alternative explanation for the rise of CO2 that we are observing?

For the record, Miami does flood in fair weather, especially in October. This is a problem all over South Florida. I have seen the sea gushing out of storm drains in Key West numerous times.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

No. The right wing rabble rousers feed of the ignorant. Make up a stupid slogan like 'drain the swamp' and they will buy it.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

are you serial ?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
So two category 4+ hurricanes hitting the US in a short timeframe is just usual weather for all the deniers?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
So two category 4+ hurricanes hitting the US in a short timeframe is just usual weather for all the deniers?

Is two category 4+ hurricanes hitting the US in a short timeframe factual proof to the believers?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

No one event is factual proof in science. Proof is a composite of many different experiments showing that particular outcome. What the two hurricanes signify is that this is unusual weather and to MAYBE look into some of the thing scientists are saying as to why it is so unusual. IE Climate Change. Continuing to stick your head in the sand while the climate is literally showing evidence of changing in front of your face is beyond stupid.
edit on 5-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
a reply to: jrod

are you serial ?
He's super serial.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

No one event is factual proof in science. Proof is a composite of many different experiments showing that particular outcome. What the two hurricanes signify is that this is unusual weather and to MAYBE look into some of the thing scientists are saying as to why it is so unusual. IE Climate Change. Continuing to stick your head in the sand while the climate is literally showing evidence of changing in front of your face is beyond stupid.

Well, your original post certainly wasn't inline with this one. You seemed to imply that these recent hurricane events where a result of MMGW.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I implied nothing. I said that this was unusual weather. You needed clarification on my exact meaning, so I did. It's not my fault you read too far into my words originally. Check your own reading comprehension.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I implied nothing. I said that this was unusual weather. You needed clarification on my exact meaning, so I did. It's not my fault you read too far into my words originally. Check your own reading comprehension.

Nice try.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

That's all you got? You misunderstood my words, I explain to you what I really meant and now you are going to blame me for your terrible reading comprehension. Lol "nice try" indeed. Just admit your mistake and move on. Not everything needs to be a pissing contest/argument.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

UH in Hurricane season yeah..

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Just admit your mistake and move on. Not everything needs to be a pissing contest/argument.

You sound like the one doing all the pissing trying to win.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

That's all you got? You misunderstood my words, I explain to you what I really meant and now you are going to blame me for your terrible reading comprehension. Lol "nice try" indeed. Just admit your mistake and move on. Not everything needs to be a pissing contest/argument.

I certainly am to blame, I never should have bothered addressing you in the first place.

I know better.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join