It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long can YOU go without a drink?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I rarely drink because I'm thirsty because I'm rarely thirsty.

I drink brews all day long (green tea, coffee) so I'm well hydrated.

As for alcohol...

I never drink and drive.

Always spill it.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Hydration is absolutely paramount for me, especially during the warmer months.

During those months, fruit juice occasionally, but more frequently iced water, is my beverage of choice for working hours, rum and coke for the evenings, on the increasingly rare occasion I get out to the pub. And when I return home from said location, its at least a half pint, if not a pint of the iced water before bed, to ensure that I do not dry out during the night.

During the winter, tea until I drown in the stuff, sometimes as many as twenty cups in a working day, and if I am imbibing alcohol, its going to be ale, maybe a warming rum to chase it, and give my beer jacket a boost.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I've gone a day and a half without drinking or eating before. I didn't notice many side effects at all. I did swim during that time though, I am sure I absorbed some water from that. Many times I have gone a full day without drinking anything, but then I got hooked on coffee and since then I can't go eight hours without a cup of coffee.

Our bodies are capable of making some water from fat. The hydrogen from the lipids combines with oxygen we breathe and we make water.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Don't know but one can die in 2 weeks without liquid

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

When I first read your thread's title I was assuming you meant alcoholic drinks.
I have gone as long as 5 years without any alcohol beverages.I have gone 8 hours
without a drink of water,regret it later too.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

give my beer jacket

Took me a second, stealing it!

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
So many variables winter summer indoors outdoors

Summer outside never more than 2 hrs ... dehydration would probly kick in after that but its really not recomended anyone go more than a hr hear in the summer u can die fast when its 120 outside

Alcohol ... 4 days i think i might be a drunk

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
4 years right now. 7 years before that, with a year of drinking in between. Waking up without a hangover and having steady hands is nice.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Suicide by wine, me.

4+ litres a day for well over a year.

can't make it to 4pm.

i dont care. hospital last year when I tried to quit the bloody doctors asked me "So why are you really here?"

uhhhhh... that was my tag out.

the gastritis has gone though, not sure if that's a good sign, or not.

Slainte

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Alcohol currently a number im not proud of or willing to share.

But yes 3 days sounds about right. In Anatomy and Physiology my professor always said there is a general rule of three for most things the human body needs to survive. 3 days without water, 3 weeks without food, 3 minutes without oxygen till the brain begins to die, 3 pints of blood loss and youll die, etc.

I drink quite a bit of water. Sometimes a gallon per day and it feels great. Basically 2 hours between drinks of juice or water is max except for sleeping. I love coffee or tea as well. If a pot is made I will drink 8 cups of it in a day (in a big mug not 8 individual pours lol). If I am lazy or out of time for coffee I must vape or i get the jitters and then nodding head crap.

Food is different. I can not eat for a day or even two and be just fine. Generally i dont eat until the afternoon, probably a bad habit as well.
edit on 5-9-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Drink about 2-3 liters of water per day. (About 60-90 oz).

Am curious about installing an apparatus for structured water in the home.
Anyone have experience with this?

Structured Water

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
I imagine it does taste good.

I also imagine there are no major disadvantages to health, however there are no advantages that I can see.

The result of RO water is a demineralised (no good stuff left) acidic water. I will perhaps try drinking some myself.

If you are really into this pure water stuff perhaps try RO water which has been UV treated. Not only will you be able to shop using acronyms it is one step up on the cleanliness scale.

RO is by far the best tasting water i've had... i tend to avoid bottled water. Though if i don't have a choice in the day, i will still always opt for RO... (Dasani) Made by coke unfortunately... but its still fantastic

Im personally not worried about "minerals" in water... you get those same elements in your food

Pure water is the best way to go... and RO is 99% pure

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Enough time for not drinking when we're dead. The real question is how long you can go without the shakes.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

No diabetes ....but we now live in the Florida keys , and it's hot for me.....so I drink more water then I used to....but just water can also push out minerals and electrolytes . So,you need to mix it up alittle! ...I have a tervis style cup, and yeti . Plus other crappy cups ! Lol....but yeah, I agree, the lid is the key to keeping stuff out !

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I regularly go 24 hours with nothing to drink. I will drink 2-3 liters when I wake up and nothing until the next morning.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join