It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 3-Bird Turducken Has Nothing On This 17-Bird Royal Roast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Now this is what I call awesome, for all bird lovers.

www.npr.org...

The turducken — a whole chicken stuffed inside a whole duck stuffed inside a whole turkey, all boneless — is a relatively recent culinary phenomenon. Though popularized in the past 20 years with the help of Louisiana's Chef Paul Prudhomme and John Madden, who brought one to a football game broadcast in 1997, the turducken actually builds on a long tradition of creative bird-into-bird stuffing.

OK, Turduckens are out of the way, check out this extravaganza.

The daredevil-ish recipe calls for a tiny warbler stuffed in a bunting, inserted in a lark, squeezed in a thrush, thrown in a quail, inserted in a lapwing, introduced to a plover, piled into a partridge, wormed into a woodcock, shoehorned into a teal, kicked into a guinea fowl, rammed inside a duck, shoved into a chicken, jammed up in a pheasant, wedged deep inside a goose, logged into a turkey. And just when you think a 16-bird roast is probably enough, it's not. This meat sphere is finally crammed up into a Great Bustard, an Old World turkey-turned-wrapping paper, for this most epic of poultry meals.

Any takers?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I had a friend who always liked to cook turduckens for xmas meal.It never appealed to me,i like to just do roast chicken.Or a duck or a goose.None of us like turkey.That 17 bird thing sounds..obscene for some reason

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TurduckenMan

Sounds "gamey". No thanks. I'll stick with my fried chicken and summer watermelon and grape salad, thank you.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Why stop there, lets ad all that into a Rhea, jammed into a Cassowary, stuck into an Emu, brute forced into an Ostrich?
The BlackJack of royal roasts

Curious how one would go about eating this bizarre "meat sphere".

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowLink

Why stop there, lets ad all that into a Rhea, jammed into a Cassowary, stuck into an Emu, brute forced into an Ostrich?
The BlackJack of royal roasts

Curious how one would go about eating this bizarre "meat sphere".

Ummm...don't you just...dive right in...?

YouSir

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I have a problem understanding how it is possible.
Most of the birds simply would not fit into the others.
A guinea fowl inside a duck?
A duck inside a chicken?
A chicken inside a pheasant?
I have had the insides out of all of these birds and they wouldn't fit.
A goose doesn't fit inside a turkey.

A turducken is one thing, using a very small, deboned cornish hen, stuffed into a smallish deboned duck would fit in a very large turkey.
edit on b000000302017-09-05T07:46:00-05:0007America/ChicagoTue, 05 Sep 2017 07:46:00 -0500700000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I want a lamb stuffed inside a pig stuffed inside a cow. A lamporeef if you will!

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Whole Stuffed Camel

It consists of eggs stuffed into fishes, fishes stuffed into a sheep and the sheep stuffed into a camel. Some kind of Bedouin wedding feast.

I missed the chickens.... there are chickens in between the fishes and the sheep.
edit on b000000302017-09-05T12:11:29-05:0012America/ChicagoTue, 05 Sep 2017 12:11:29 -05001200000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

This meat sphere is finally crammed up into a Great Bustard, an Old World turkey-turned-wrapping paper, for this most epic of poultry meals.

A Great Bustard?

The bustard's an exquisite fowl,
with minimal reason to growl.
He escapes what would be
Illegitimacy
By grace of a fortunate vowel.

I don't get many occasions to spring that one.

new topics

top topics

join