It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does God having the power of omnipotence mean?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

First of all love is not an emotion, it is a state of being. In trying to make me look the fool, you've only shown yourself to be; I'm sorry for you. Secondly, please look up the definition of Godspeed, it has nothing to do with actual "speed", it's merely a metaphor. The way in which I use the word is: "in Gods time". Of course you would make the ridiculous claim that I'm trying to express God exists within our concept of time and therefore I would be anthropamorphizing God yet again, however ... it is a metaphor. One cannot speak of "that which is not" without relating it to "that which is", otherwise we could never speak of God; we would only be speaking in paradox.

And just so I cover my bases here: To love is human, to be love, is to be God. One day you'll realize that all words are nothing more than metaphor to express the ineffable.

It would serve you well to actually invest in the things you say instead of barking off the cuff (again, a metaphor if you didn't catch it).

Please don't waste my time or the time of others who have contributed substance to this thread. This will be my one and only reply to you.
edit on 6-9-2017 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2017 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Aedaeum

Well no one trying to make you look the fool. No intention. Let's agree to that it is both a state of being and an emotion for the sake of argument. It is still deeply debated on whether it is or isn't you will notice that women can turn love off not only the expression of love but its emotional affect on themselves. This has been seen by many men whose wives suddenly up and say I love you no more. It is very easily dependent on their mood, but it is an attribute that is a bond for Humans. I was still not wrong in attributing a human attribute to God, but we are his expressed image so I accept your correction of me in that.

A metaphor may be used in a sentence and section of writing but in using it a s closing salutation it cannot be a metaphor. Godspeed can mean, god goes with you, Go quickly in god's protection, go with god, may god be with you etc etc etc. But it literally means God's Speed which is faster than light.

Are you speaking of God the Lord Almighty or of some other god?

There are metaphors in the preserved Bible in English, but not as many as to say, all word's, in this case God's words, are nothing more than metaphors to express the ineffable, that they be difficult to express in clear words. God's preserved words that we can hold in our hands are not ineffable in the least. They are pure words, true words, simple words that make the simple wise unto salvation. They are proven words, they are strong words and eternal words.

A metaphore is a "figure of speech" containing an implied comparison , in which a word or phrase ordinarily and primarily used of one thing is applied to another, So in this case using the word barking, in your use of a metaphor you just compared me to a dog, at which I am utterly insulted. Beware that every idol word we are to be judged by, unless of course your judgment has already taken place as mine has, in which case only God can correct me if I have said wrong. And likewise for you if the same be true for I cannot judge your heart except by your words and vise versa. So I let the insult flow off me like water off the ducks back (oh look a true metaphor) and I being the duck.

It obviously has contributed substance to the thread as it merited your reply, and a harsh one at that, for one so, metaphorically speaking, loving.

The coldest hand, is that of the one, who in your dire do spreadeth words against ones head, as a dandelion flourishes her seed.

Good day my friend.

edit on 7-9-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join