It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im confused by the Lefts Beliefs

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: dasman888

dasman888,

Your President is an apologist for Nazis, who had to be prodded, shoved, and damned near wrestled onto a podium to denounce the fascist, racist and Nazi activists in his support base. While I am capable of, and willing to engage with the fact that not all people who voted for him, and not all people who are on the right, are fascists, racists and Nazis, those who CONTINUE to support him, despite the evidence of what it took to get Trump to make the statement he should have made ON THE DAY that the Charlottesville attack occurred, ARE in the wrong.

There are no two ways about this, or grey spaces between one or the other. In as much, this is a rare situation, since many are very complicated and have complicated answers to them. This basic, fundamental question does not. Nazis are not acceptable. Period. End of discussion. People on the right need to put down their place on the spectrum, and join those on the left who are standing against this stuff, not because they have suddenly had a change of heart about the size of government, but because they have, just as do those on the left, a determination that all fascism must be eradicated with total, absolute and unflinching prejudice.
edit on 5-9-2017 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
"Lefties don't operate in logic,"

So does that make OP a lefty?

This thread (OP, mainly) has no logic lol

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The OP is one of the reasons I enjoy avoiding politics at most times. Until people grow up and learn that a very narrow sliver of U.S. citizens can be so broadly classified (left or right), the perceived "differences," arguments, and general stupidity will never end. Even if fundamentally some of that could be attributed to a select group of people, the views and reasoning behind them is different, person to person.

Also nothing is nearly as black and white as the OP and similar "lists" make it to be.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Yeah but it sure garners stars and flags though doesn't it.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: mOjOm
I was a never trump person, I was also a never hillary person...
as far as I was concerned it was better to vote third party, or not at all than to vote for either of them.

wonder how many others felt the way I did...
my guess is that this election was more of the lesser of two evils than it was that there was a vast number that supported either of them.

At least you voted. So Respect. Unlike the numb nuts who bitch about who's in charge but doesn't vote.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Xianb
you mean as opposed to the numbnuts who go and vote for the lesser of two evils, even though they don't really buy much of the crap they are spouting, so that the winner can claim that he has "mandates" to do things that most don't want done????

if all those who voted for the lesser of two evils just decided heck with it and either went third part or just not voted, can the winner claim to have a "mandate" if they only collect 15 or 20% of the registered voters, or would that be considered a mandate for them to put up more worthy candidates next time???

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
So many things wrong lol...
1.god fearing people fear god
2.she's married to an American, who is arguing against this?
3.No political party hates rich people how do u think they get elected.

4.On Russia, well if you call the Methodist Republican James Comey or Republican Robert Mueller THE LEFT, and that everything they say and do are lies along with every other intelligence agency...well you're just too far gone,game over, you honestly believe Mexico will pay for the wall, you've drunk that intoxicating Trump koolaid.

5.Saying the left support Antifa is like saying the right supports NeoNazis, don't be stupid and fall into you're own hypocritical trap.
6.I don't remember Hillary Clinton's concession speech mentioning anyone on the right as bigots.
7.resistence to trump is tea party to Obama. I don't understand, does your memory not go back 8 years?
8.you're Americans no one hates the 2nd amendment. Do you know how many democrats and republicans have adds of them shooting stuff, a lot. Obama had less restrictions on guns than W Bush, but you wouldn't care about little old facts lol.
9.no one says if you're white that means you're racist. That's just a stupid bogeyman idea you idiots have invented.

10.NRA, have a bit of a bone to pick with these hypocrites(at least the head honchos). They get all riled up for a racist guy's cow grazing fees(they didn't know he was a huge racist until he opened his mouth on TV, but still), because the government was sending armed thugs to collect their money. But when a legally armed man with a carry license, who respectfully complies with every order the police give him and informs the officer he is legally armed is shot to death in his car surrounded by his family. That's when the NRA had the chance to stand up to REAL government thugs and for the 2nd amendment. Instead, they actively ignored the entire ordeal. F*cking hypocrites.

11.yes democrats we're once on the right and republicans on the left, wow you've heard of American history. What does that have to do with modern right wing domestic terrorist groups?
12.China and India have over a billion people, it makes changing to renewables a little harder, but at least they're trying. They acknowledge that this is the future. You supposedly don't believe in global warming so what are you complaining about here?
13.In Obama's defense Hannity and Limbaugh are awful liars. Now if you had said fox news' chris Mathews and Shep Smith than I would share your outrage.
14.democrats are pro war like republicans!? There's a military industrial complex!? Say it ain't so!

15.the left can't say radical Islamic terror? Another stupid bogeyman idea to get dumb people riled up, Obama has said those exact words, but I don't suppose that matters to you.
16.Just because communism is on the political spectrum of the left doesn't mean it's a democratic idea. Again, it's like saying republicans support nazis because nazis are on the right in the political spectrum. That's stupid, don't be stupid.

Skipped a few because they were too ignorant to unravel. I've only ever voted conservative in my life in case you think I'm being a libtard lol. A well informed electorate is essential for a thriving democracy, you my friend are not that.
edit on 5-9-2017 by GokuVsSuperman0 because: Spelling

edit on 5-9-2017 by GokuVsSuperman0 because: Spell

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: ParasuvO

The only reason most on the left supported Hillary was because she was the only competent politician to choose from after the primaries. I didn't like Bernie being shafted by the DNC, but even if he wasn't he still wasn't going to get the votes to be nominated. He never polled well with minorities and that was what ultimately did him in during the primaries.

But I guess for you it is easier to derisively and arrogantly talk down to us so you don't have to bother understanding our position and claim victory.

Are You kidding? There was no Democratic primary because Every Democrat knew that it was going to be given to Hillary. The only reason Bernie ran is because He apparently didn't get the memo. I can't believe that the republicans had about 1000 people running and the left had a measly whopping two people and the left didn't think it was fishy. The really sad fact is even after the leaks showed that the democratic party colluded to give the nomination to Hillary the Democrats are still crying foul about the evil Russians instead of corruption in their own party.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This list serves better to educate people on how far detached Trump Supporters are. This list is the overpowering wave of ignorance that floods their minds and limits their ability to think rationally. Just add this to their 'alternative facts'. I didn't think people could be this dumb. This is so dumb it's impossible to fix.

There's no way to educate this because their minds are so resistant to truth that they would only see truth as being just another political point of view. How long before they start inventing alternative math?

This whole effort feels so nefarious and destructive that it's hard to believe this extreme dumbing down has happened by accident. It's so f*cked in the head.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: jkm1864

Ok. You can just lie about reality. It seems par the course for this thread anyways.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Primary elections are administered by the State governments themselves. There is zero evidence of election tampering, voter fraud, election fraud, etc. in the Primaries.

There's no evidence that the DNC colluded with anyone to "give Hillary Clinton the election" indeed, such a thing is impossible.

Bernie Sanders was an Independent before he ran for the Democratic nomination and again immediately after the General Election. He used the Democratic party to create a national presence he didn't have.

That said, stolen internal emails certainly do show that certain individuals (like DWS, etc.) certainly preferred Hillary Clinton over Sanders.

Emails also record interactions between some DNC personnel and members of the Press. This fact does not prove that "the Democrats colluded with the media to give Hillary the nomination" either. That's just patently absurd.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

The world is not black and white, it is multiple shades of grey.

You cannot paint everyone with the same brush stroke sir.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Thanks for letting me know what I believe.

I was having a hard time remembering.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Hey! You get your facts and reality out of here! Only unsubstantiated rhetoric and partisan crap allowed here!

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

The left does not operate with logic or reality. Great Post Star and flag
Agreed.

Star and Flagged.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: GokuVsSuperman0

9.no one says if you're white that means you're racist. That's just a stupid bogeyman idea you idiots have invented.

That depends on where you live. In some places, if you are white you will be assumed to be a racist on the mere basis of that you are white.

You can deny it, but people of color will still be wary. (Usually isn't a white person accusing you of being racist just because you are white.... because that would mean they must be racist too.)

And there is partial truth to it. Most white people have "face blindness" when looking at black people. Can't tell one black person from the next. If you demonstrate you don't have face blindness, that goes a long way toward convincing your black neighbors that you see them as people.

originally posted by: dawnstar
yes, well, let me just address one of these items on the op's massive list...

The LEFT loves Muslims but is offended by the word "God".

I don't love muslims, but I do love the idea that we have separation of church and state and we each have the right to worship our creator in the manner we wish or chose not to acknowledge the existence of one!!

I'm not offended by the word of "God", whatever those words may be, but I can get quite offended when people start telling me things that they believe "God" has said as though they are fact. Especially as a women has had to transform the God into a Goddess just to get away from the bias many religions have proven to have in them when it comes to women. and at least the danged muslims aren't on the city streets shouting their "God's" words out through a bullhorn trying to pass judgement on everyone who walks by!!!

it's simple, my beliefs aren't for you to understand, they are my beliefs and I try to keep them pretty much to myself..
would appreciate it if you did the same with yours! if you can't make a logical argument for or against something without bringing "God's" word into it, then you really don't have much of an argument to make!

I'm in favor of separation of church and state, so long as the church in question also acknowledges separation of church and state.

If the church in question refuses to do its part in acknowledging the validity of secular governments, that is another matter.

It's got to be a two way street. If the church doesn't look for trouble with the state, the state shouldn't give it any trouble.

Otherwise, if the church is actively opposing the state, it's not a church vs. state question. It is a state vs. state question.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
So. Much. Ignorance.

Head. Hurts.

First of all OP needs to define what is meant by 'the left', because it seems like that is 'everybody who isn't a hardcore Trump fan'.

Secondly, ye gods, did OP even try speaking to people to find out what they believe? Because it seems like OP just took all of his opinions from far-bloggers who are maybe not the best people to find out this information from.

Sheesh.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: XianbIm confused by the Lefts Beliefs

Its ok. They're confused too.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Dear confused OP: Much of what you posted ranges from inaccurate to absurd when using broad strokes to paint half the country's beliefs. Sincerely, someone who leans left.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12wow only person saying jack about jews is you. are you trying to imply that op is a follower of the adolph clowns? one of the stupidest things i heard people say during elections was vote black vote hillary. she is one of the most bigoted cows out there.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join