It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher compares Trump's 'Make America Great Again' slogan to swastikas

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Sad.

It's sounds like the teacher has been brain-washed, indoctrinated.

So, sounds like you are recommending a course of cult deprogramming is in order for her?

She should actually spend time with the people she hates.

I believe that is part of the deprogramming process. Humanizing the target of fear and hate.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
well actually it is against the schools dress code to brandish symbold or imagery that is vulgar, racist, etc.

all she really did was interpret "Make America Great Again" for what it was....

A crying plea for a return to a pre-civil rights era America

which indeed would make it offensive and vulgar

I support the teacher on this one

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
well actually it is against the schools dress code to brandish symbold or imagery that is vulgar, racist, etc.

And that is your (and obviously her) opinion. If she was going to make that unilateral decision without consulting the administration, then she chose poorly. Since the slogan is not overtly and universally seen as racist, she should have consulted the administration for their ruling on her interpretation of the ruling.

In your opinion, would a "Black Live Matter" shirt be allowable in this instance?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

And that is your (and obviously her) opinion. If she was going to make that unilateral decision without consulting the administration, then she chose poorly. Since the slogan is not overtly and universally seen as racist, she should have consulted the administration for their ruling on her interpretation of the ruling.

In your opinion, would a "Black Live Matter" shirt be allowable in this instance?

Would a "Black Lives Matter" shirt be allowable? Of course it would. Black lives matter is a continuation of the civil rights movement.

So many people misunderstand the whole BLM slogan and what it means.

If you had a rose bush, some tullips, and some sunflowers, and you only gave water to the rose bush and tullips and not the sunflowers, when I tell you, hey.. Sunflowers matter.. they deserve water too. You wouldnt feel like I was partial to sunflowers would you? No, I am telling you that your sunflowers arent being treated equally and that they deserve water just like the other flowers do.

The whole BLM argument is that it is already ingrained in society that white lives matter, that is assumed. The call for black lives to matter.. is really saying...

Hey... Black lives matter too!

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Would a "Black Lives Matter" shirt be allowable? Of course it would. Black lives matter is a continuation of the civil rights movement.

So many people misunderstand the whole BLM slogan and what it means.

If you had a rose bush, some tullips, and some sunflowers, and you only gave water to the rose bush and tullips and not the sunflowers, when I tell you, hey.. Sunflowers matter.. they deserve water too. You wouldnt feel like I was partial to sunflowers would you? No, I am telling you that your sunflowers arent being treated equally and that they deserve water just like the other flowers do.

The whole BLM argument is that it is already ingrained in society that white lives matter, that is assumed. The call for black lives to matter.. is really saying...

Hey... Black lives matter too!

I am sure there are many that would consider that Black Lives Matter shirt to be a racists slogan as well. It can be linked to the riots and calls for white reparations and police killings. That, IMO, is a very racial position, let alone being overtly threatening to anyone with family in the police force. And I assure you, if a teacher expelled some students from her class for wearing that shirt, they would not be siding with her decision and calling for her dismissal.

Political and social slogans are all subjective based upon the context of the reader. Anything that requires any type of interpretation can be subject to that type of rule. That is why she should have consulted the administration. It was not her place to unilaterally decide. It was her class, yes. But not her place to set precedent rulings in a biased manner based upon her own personal beliefs. That was confirmed y the administrations apology following the incident.

I, myself, wouldn't ban any shirts, regardless of content. However, if a student acted against the rules in a violent or bullying manner, then the ACTION is punishable, not the clothing.

edit on 9/4/2017 by Krakatoa because: additional thoughts

edit on 9/5/2017 by Krakatoa because: Corrected a logical spelling error ("would ban" should have been "wouldn't ban")

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Not a single reasonable argument. Only hatred.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Not a single reasonable argument. Only hatred.

I have no hatred here. Please point out where I may have implied that in this thread.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Teachers are human, we can all agree on that. Well, except for my 5th grade English teacher, she was a monster.

As long as the school reprimands her I don't think it needs to go farther than that.
edit on 5-9-2017 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Teachers are human, we can all agree on that. Well, except for my 5th grade English teacher, she was a monster.

As long as the school reprimands her I don't think it needs to go farther than that.

She should have the choice of wearing a MAGA shirt and hat or a SS blouse and cover with ribbons and rank. This would be required for 30 days and would be portal to portal.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Well she's right, Trump is a facist.

FAKE PRESIDENT

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   

I would offer that ANY political or social agenda has no place in a learning institution. Right, left, up, down. The school system is based on digestion and regurgitation of facts and every side should "in theory" be covered by the instructor without bias. (if this is not happening, it's the administration's fault)
Children, unfortunately, are being indoctrinated by all sides earlier and earlier. I don't feel they have the experience or understanding to make informed decisions about such extreme subjects. Kids parroting their parent's (or teacher's) opinions without having done the research themselves should be strictly controlled until they've been forced to listen to all sides of an argument. Teens especially have a nasty habit of simplifying complex subject down to the most rudimentary ideas based on sound bites they hear online and on TV. They're also attracted to what seems to be the most counter-culture/anti-establishment ideas out of pure habit. These traits are TERRIBLE for formulating honest opinions about subjects that are not back and white, clear-cut issues.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Reminds me of the this Berkeley Middle School Teacher who was also an SJW.

Supposedly, parents were complaining how she tries to indoctrinate her students with regressive leftist beliefs.

Not quite the same. Yvette was arrested for hitting someone under a protest.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
So basically you all support Political Pandering in the school place.

Can't wait for retarded parents to start sending their kids to school in Trump/Hillary gear.

Obviously you don't see the issue because your blind from partisanship, so you cry because it happened to your side.

Meanwhile if the kids had "Hillary" crap or whatever, then you'd be crying it was them trying to indoctrinate their fellow students.

It's pretty clear it doesn't belong in the school regardless of party, but you can bellyache about it, that will surely make you look better.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I wager many don't remember the book "The Wave" which was a fictional version of an experiment by a teacher in California in the late 60s. It was a thought provoking experiment and did lead to bullying nonetheless lessons were learned by those involved.

I wonder if this teacher in question is familiar with the text or the experiment.

A wee rundown on the experiment on wiki for those interested.
The Third Wave experiment

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: CarlsBad

Lots of kids did wear Hillary stuff. And nothing bad happened to them. Except having the self esteem blasted when they found out what a criminal she was and that Trump beat her, but nobody made them change their shirts. So your argument is just sad, nothing more.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I'm truly curious here. Can someone tell me exactly when America was great? What exact timeframe. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I'm truly curious here. Can someone tell me exactly when America was great? What exact timeframe. Thanks.

Ask Bill or HRC:

edit on 5-9-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

I see. So the kids wearing the tshirts in the OP were Clinton supporters? Then why did the kid in the video mention Trump?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

???

Who cares who they supported?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Im just trying to get an answer to my question. For the people wearing the tshirts TODAY - when was America great?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join