It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about cats peeing...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
He's an unfixed male, 4 months.
I've never had a dirty cat ever in my life and I've had a lot a cats - but this guy?
He will pee anyplace he can get behind or into.
I love this cat - don't get me wrong - but how can you stop it!
He's got a box I keep extra clean, with a low lip and I keep him in one room at night but the second he can?
He's peeing/pooing under the bed, behind the couch, under the desk, etc.
Is there any way to stop this once it's started.
And no, it's not 'spraying' like an adult males - and YES - I am getting him fixed ASAP - this is another issue.
It's called being a dirty cat.
Thanks

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

And no, it's not 'spraying' like an adult males - and YES - I am getting him fixed ASAP - this is another issue.

Same issue.

He is marking his territory. Sort of flattering from a certain perspective.

You are acceptable to him.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Odd for a cat, and probably hard to stop. Cats can be spiteful, so if you give them hell about doing something really bad, some of them will just double their effort and do worse 😕

I wish you lots of luck.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Sprinkle some cayanne pepper where you want him to stay out of

edit on 4-9-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Get him fixed, get the smell of his pee out of those areas, add a few more litter boxes.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Are you following the basic 1 + 1 box rule for cats?
How many total cats in the home?
Are both of his boxes in cat friendly areas and does he share with other cats?

Most modern cat behaviorists don't subscribe to the idea of "spiteful cat " behavior...

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
If you've 'had lots of cats' or have more cats currently, he's probably just anxious about his place in the world, for lack of a better term. Male cats are territorial and some a lot more than others. If you have other cats, how does he behave around them?

For the stink, buy this stuff :Odorfix Plus. It is THE ONLY chemical throughout the known universe that will remove the odor from cat urine. It's a bacteria that eats and lifts the ammonia out of the carpet, wood, concrete, ect. back into the air. You'll know it's working when the area starts stinkin worse than it did, then it clears up. A guy that remodeled old homes told me about it, and it works.
edit on 4-9-2017 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Marking his territory...once this action starts....almost impossible to stop. Getting him fixed want stop the marking of territory. They make aids that are supposed to stop this action. Males as well as females mark their territory. With cats you have to take the good behavior with the bad....like your kids. But if your kid is pissing in the corner of the room, you may want to have him/her checked out.
edit on 4-9-2017 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Spray him with windex when you catch him trying to pee where he's not supposed to.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Regular old water works just as good. Windex has ammonia in it and can cause eye problems. Use Rose water, they really don't like it at all.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Cool fact: Cat pee glows in the dark.

Uncool fact: Cat piss doesn't come out of anything, but you must know that by now.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Getting this through my girlfriend, she wants to know if the cat seems in pain at all. If he's excessively peeing in small amounts, it's a sign of obstruction because food can cause it.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
He's not a dirty cat. He needed to be neutered the second this started.
You can't waste another day at this stage in his life. Get him fixed now. When at the vet ask them to check for an infection

When he's fixed and healed, pick him up and put him in the litter (make sure his litter is private, very clean and safe in his eyes! ) and gently use his his paw to cover wee or poo there then lift him up to some food. repeat.

Put little bowls of food in the pee places. he will not go where he eats.
Use a pee enzyme to break it down though it won't work well...Maybe one more thing, try another kitty litter type. Sometimes they just hate the type you are using

Again, neuter him!!!!

edit on 4-9-2017 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

link   
I had my cat pee in my car in the way to the vet awhile ago, I could not get the smell out and I tried everything and I mean everything! Then I found out about o3 generators and had one shipped to a friend out of state since they wouldn't send it to caliBanland. That thing works! I suggest you get one to get the smell out.

link   
www.wikihow.com...

www.cat-lovers-only.com...

some good all-round tips...

i had an issue lately with one of mine, but she was only pooping and pretty much just outside the litter box. it turned out to be an inflammation from a food allergy that was making her sick to her stomach, so once the diet change took effect and i added a couple more litter boxes in her customary 'wrong' places, she's been going in them. hopefully i can cut back the number of boxes soon.

i'm sure the links mention it, but be sure not to scold your cat or he'll just look for more devious places to hide it -- not to be spiteful, but because he's scared. the more he gets scared about this issue, the harder it will be to retrain him. praise him when he does it right. and getting all the messes cleaned up and deodorized thoroughly are going to be a BIG part of retraining him not to go in those same spaces. you'll want to find an enzymatic cleaner to really get as much smell out as possible.

plus, double-check that your litter box is not in a place that feels too exposed, or has too few escape routes, or where loud/startling noises occur. providing more than one box may help you pinpoint a place he's happy with if it's that kind of issue.

good luck, this is a very frustating issue. getting him fixed is a good first step.
edit on 4-9-2017 by fiverx313 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
is the poo a normal consistency? like little firm rolls? if it's soft and squishy that could be a sign of a diet or other internal issue prompting this.
edit on 4-9-2017 by fiverx313 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Spray him with windex when you catch him trying to pee where he's not supposed to.

yeah, don't do that.

i hope you don't have cats, dude. seriously.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Besides the obvious (cat UTI, un neutered)

Two things. One change his food to a higher quality, or supplement with protein. A diet too high in carbs leads to extra poo. Some cats just need more, despite ou having them on a quality food.

Secondly, fighting fire with fire.
What cleaning products are you using to clean up behind him? I've found that some cleaners like clorox, or carpet cleaner is seen more as a challenge by some cats. I used to clean with bleach and my fuzzy-kids back then did double duty to go back over it and "fix it" for me.

Facepalm

I discovered that using essential oils to clean with grossed them out but good. No re-marking. After cleaning with my regular cleaner, I misted with Marjoram Oil, or Rosewood or Lavender. The Rosewood even kept the neighborhood Tom from marking my porch ever again.

For your own peace of mind find a janitorial supply place or amazon and get yourself some Viricide. It kills everything and won't spur your kids into remarking. I keep it on hand normally, it's cheap enough and they use it on OR surgical tables between patients. I mist off carpets, floors ect. It's also great to have on hand to mist around to keep everyone in the family from passing that cold around.

Here's just one kind, I get mine at a janitorial supply place. This one is about the same and the same price.
www.net32.com...

Oh...scratch the amazon idea, their prices were jacked up. I looked, I screamed. oh...I wouldn't tell you about anything that didn't work. No ones got time to waste money on crap that doesn't work.

Hope this helps?
edit on 4-9-2017 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
You need this:

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Bunch of kooks with no clue on this thread. Start by neutering him. Get back to us after that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join