It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Trump REALLY care?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Here's my point. Trump had no problem signing an Executive Order to get the IRS off the backs of religious organizations. IMO, this is boardering on unconstitutional. Why should religious organizations be tax exempt?

A little thing that also keeps religion out of schools, Separation of Church and State. It is actual in the constitution, so it cannot be unconstitutional. Which is stated as thus,

"I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church & State." Notice the part about free exercise thereof.

So why the HELL won't this jerk sign an Executive Order to suspend the Individual Mandate? All he has to do is tell the IRS to stand down like he did with the 501c3 EO.

I don't know why.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

So why the HELL won't this jerk sign an Executive Order to suspend the Individual Mandate? All he has to do is tell the IRS to stand down like he did with the 501c3 EO.

Because if ACA is suspended, there are hundreds of thousands of people getting treatment for life threatening issues...and what happens to them? Because if ACA is suspended, there are insurance CEOs who will lose trillions in income (and those are the kind of people that buy memberships at Mar-a-lago for instance.)

Just because you don't have insurance and are relatively healthy doesn't mean that others don't need it, through no fault of their own. There are tons of childhood onset disorders that are 100% dependent upon first rate medical care which can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. this one for instance There's also injuries, broken bones, burns,and other issues...

Unless medical costs can go down to an affordable rate, what choice do we have other than insurance?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Well, Trump cant suspend the ACA via EO, and thats not what Im advocating. Im talking about the INDIVIDUAL MANDATE. Why must I be forced to pay for crappy expensive insurance I don't use?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Yep, he's a tinpot facist, but even useless at being a facist.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Yes, he cares, but D.C. is a corrupt hive of scum and villainy.

Yes, he cares for white nationalists, others not so much
edit on 5-9-2017 by TurduckenMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: tulermank

Russia's form of government thrives on and depends on corruption. The people expect the government to be corrupt.
You know this.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You owe me a keyboard.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TurduckenMan

Good thing too.

Because all those Fascists and Nazis in the 20th Century killed 30 million white people.

So much for "white supremacy" eh.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: TurduckenMan

Good thing too.

Because all those Fascists and Nazis in the 20th Century killed 30 million white people.

So much for "white supremacy" eh.

Again with the "white skin" is "white supremacy" line. How many of those white skinned were Gypsies? Jews? Russians? Austrians? British? French? Hungarian? Polish? Finnish? Swedish? and countless other "white skinned but not aligned with the Nazi ideals?

You really like to take things to a tangential point and then harp on it? White supremacy doesn't just mean white skin, it means aligned with the ideals/religions/belief systems of the particular group.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Nazis didn't kill non whites other than the African American soldiers who fought in WW2.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Yes, because crashing the insurance market will be SOOOO beneficial to tons and tons of Americans... Why is it you guys can't understand that things aren't that simple? Even Trump has admitted that this isn't an easy issue to fix.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Yup.

All White people.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The insurance market is gonna have to crash at some point. The longer we kick the can down the road the worse it'll be. We might as well scrap the Individual Mandate now and put a sense of urgency on the situation.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Or we could try to fix it before it crashes? Why resign yourself to the inevitable and deal with a huge situation when you can spend a little bit of effort now fixing it for much less?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I suppose that he cares enough to go through the motions of caring. a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Because the solution is free market. And Americans are scared to death of free market. Congress knows this, and the are benefiting off of cronyism, so a free market solution would not be beneficial to them....so tell me, who exactly is going to stand up a show us the easy way? Who is going to offer up the smooth transition? No one in this administration, and definitely no one in the entire Democratic party.

So let it crash. America needs a hard lesson in economics and personal responsibility. Americans learn best when faced with life or death situations.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: tulermank

Nazis didn't kill non whites other than the African American soldiers who fought in WW2.

Do you really believe this?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

No. The solution isn't the free market. The free market failed in the first place and put us in this mess. The free market is what spawned insurance companies originally when costs ballooned out of control. Then as they became ingrained into the marketplace, they ended up becoming a necessity intricately linked to the pricing of medical costs. By the time Obama reached office insurance costs were spiraling out of control at an insane rate. Did you guys forget the Bush years? I was in high school and things were so dire we were talking about it in my classrooms.
edit on 5-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Free market failed when the government stepped in and mutated it into a bastardized crony market. Remember the HMOs and Medicare. That's not free market. Thats all federalist interference.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Do you remember when a free market never existed in this country? Because I do. The government has been involved with the market since day 1 and the "free market" is a conservative pipe dream. So when the market was a lot "freer" it created the insurance market which created the dire situation that warranted the ACA in the first place. If the ACA crashes or is repealed things will become worse again.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join