It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S.Korea say: North Korea preparing to launch an ICBM!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: mr-lizard

If the U.S make a mistake it will be because they acted unilaterally. If they do things properly through the United Nations diplomacy might prevail.

Are they just being a naughty gangster on the block playing up like this or is there more to it? Will China, Russia or both want to get involved on a proxy bassis for their own political motives? That must be asked because last Korean war they did. NK have got their nuclear capability from somewhere, obviously. Kim may not have access to the West, but he has access to China and Russia. Look back in history to the last Korean war. This will inform you.

China has its own concerns. The possible refugee crisis of North Koreans into China would be a huge headache. It would be a humanitarian disaster on a huge scale. They don't have Western like resources or experience dealing with refugees.

25 million people in North Korea. It is a tiny place. It is much smaller than Japan, much easier to bomb. Lil Kim is acting up because China are letting him. There is something fishy and proxy going on here. A few U.S bombing sorties would paralyze North Korea; sweeties for Kim if he doesn't drop this idea like a bomb. A huge refugee problem would quickly occur in North Korea as it is so small and easily targeted. Lil Kim really is Lil Kim unless China and Russia are giving him "confidence".

EDIT: Look at the geography. Russia border, China border, South Korea border, mad man waving nuclear threats around. China and Russia will not like the U.S engaging in military action on their door step. It will be another proxy front. I feel sad for the North Koreans being starved by both Kim and West sanctions. I am sad for Japan and South Korea that they have to have all this anxiety. Japan has actually had nukes dropped on it; they know what it feels like.

edit on 4-9-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I have a vision of the sky turning pink and than everything just stops . Endgame near !

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Wonder what Kim's last words will be ?
"OOPS , I effed up bigtime"

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADSE255
a reply to: carewemust

Because they're crazier now than the last time they did it? Someone wants to play war badly, they've got shiny new toys theyre just itching to try out.

Are you talking about NK or Trump-Land?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Maybe i'm not as up to date as i should be on the worlds evil doers, but isn't/wasn't Irans Mahmoud Ahmadinejad the worlds leading bogeyman. What changed.? I know Assad was applying for chief Bogeyman for a bit, but how did everything just leap from the middle east to NK overnight.?

Hmmmmm, I smell something fishy and it's not Hillary's week old undercrackers we are talking about here either.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

"Moderates" in Iran won the election, the leader in Iran is now Rouhanni. Middle east is in a stalemate, and with low oil prices, not worth the battle anymore. What you are smelling is our society rotting away.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Wonder what Kim's last words will be ?
"OOPS , I effed up bigtime"

I wonder what BIG headed people will say too!?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: HanSolo31
a reply to: Soloprotocol

"Moderates" in Iran won the election, the leader in Iran is now Rouhanni. Middle east is in a stalemate, and with low oil prices, not worth the battle anymore. What you are smelling is our society rotting away.

For us dummies, any chance you can explain what you wrote there in plain easily understandable English ?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

Yeah, they should totally destroy an entire atoll, and irradiate a populated area for kicks, like the good ole' USA!

Honestly though, this is very concerning, regardless of how one feels about any of the key players. It is safe to say that North Korea was always going to get into the market for nuclear weapons, and so a policy and rhetoric being developed on the part of more experienced owners, like the USA for example, which seeks better diplomatic discourse, rather than bigger threats and more phallus waving, might have been an idea. Of course, there are those who will say that such a thing would have availed the world of no benefit, since the North Korean regime is insane by default.

I would agree with that. North Korea's regime is utterly, pants on head, crotch on fire, deliberately tea bagging a bear trap bonkers. However, the benefit to being an already nuclear armed state, with a reasonable leader, making reasonable and patient suggestions, giving sage and wise advice, rather than attempting to dictate from a world away, would at least put the US and other players, in a position where, if North Korea made a serious move, i.e. launching a nuclear weapon in anger, no one would have a word to say about the lack of attempts at diplomacy leading up to the response to the initial attack. And as we know around here, although it is not as widely known outside our rarefied circles of awareness, the US and other nations, specifically those in the region, have anti-missile defence systems of staggering potency, which will be more than capable of defeating any threat posed by an incoming nuclear missile.

The threat presented by a simple ICBM is no where near as great as it was twenty years ago, because of advances in interdiction technology, of the laser, and kinetic varieties both, which go a damned long way toward mitigating such a threat entirely. Unless Lil' Kim has some stealth tech that surpasses that which is available to the US (and for the record, like hell they do), or China, or any other world power, which can be deployed onto a missile platform, then what they have is equivalent to a single rifle, when fielded against an army wielding a forest of rifles, tanks, planes, mortar launchers, shoulder mounted RPGs and frag grenades.

Again, this is not to be taken lightly, but it is also no where near as much of a concern as it would have been a couple of decades back, and the thing is that there is no way for a surprise nuclear assault to be enacted against ANY target, by North Korea, because the eyes of the world are on them, and not just the press, but the intelligence services and military powers of at least three of the most powerful nations on the face of the world, if not more. Its a bigger teacup than normal, but the storm is still inside it.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   
All these ICBM "Tests" could be just the cover for launching one that actually does have a warhead on it...

NK don't have anything like the power to threaten the US militarily, but, I wonder what damage they could do if they targeted South Korea and Japan?

Just how much of a financial hit would there be if Samsung, Hyundai, Toshiba and Sony went up in smoke?
Could start a 1929 style crash in the financial markets maybe?

And who would pick up the spare capacity? China?

I guess the real danger will come when Lil Kim is diagnosed with a terminal illness, he'll probably want to take as many people with him as he can.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Personally speaking, I am not sure that it would do the precise sort of financial damage, that you are thinking of. The reason I say that is that these businesses you mention are only headquartered in the region. They have arms and branches all over the developed world, and while the loss of their head offices, even their largest factories, would be a blow, I do not see how a global business can be bought down by anything other than its own stupidity in this day and age.

Sony, for example, has regional head offices all over the world, its business plan is executable from anywhere on the planet, and it has products which require no manufacturing at all, many of them software based and traded over the net, via the PlayStation Network. Although it would hurt to call ONE of its manufacturing bases a loss, there is no strike which could totally top kill the business and prevent its every arm from functioning. As more and more business is done by way of the cloud in other areas as well, its hard to see how some of these global businesses could ever be scuppered, except by forcing financial loss on them which devastates them overnight AND prevents them trading. I do not believe that most of the businesses you list, would be unable to operate without their pacific region head offices. They are beasts without heads, these businesses, and the only way to totally kill them, is to starve them of money by way of crashing markets, not crash markets by damaging those businesses.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Oh, I agree with regards to the ability to carry on making things, though I wonder, since so much of the financial system is based on confidence, what the hit would be. Hell, if a good ceo steps down it can cost a few points on the boards...how much of a hit would getting the main hq's and all those board members cost? not to mention the environmental damage that follows.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Just to play devils advocate, I was thinking, maybe this is a push by the USA to get global businesses to come back to the USA. Think of it this way, NK keeps ratcheting things up, crossing every read line trump puts out. He goes crying to the UN which puts more and more sanctions on them. Eventually, as is the case now, Trump is threatening to end trade with anyone who trades with NK. That impacts China. China either gives up 450 billion in trade or pisses off NK. Ofcourse there going to Piss off NK. As a result NK has no choice but to blow its load not only over all of SK, but Japan, and some of China as well. Now if the USA fubars the initial delivery, then 3 of our greatest competitors/allies that economically can dominate in the future, will be hit. Now, china hits them from the North, SK hits them from the south, and they meet in the middle basically. China claims territory as part of legally justified war, SK reclaims territory as well, but lets face it, NK is going to kick the crap out of them before its all done. Some of china's businesses are damaged, NK is no more, SK is severely damaged, and Japan is forced to rewrite its constitution yet again to have a offensive military so that no one never hits them hard again and they have to sit around waiting for the US to come in and save the day. That changes the dynamic because SK will align with Japan to protect against china on there doorstep, Japan will develop militarily to counter China, and because china let this BS go on for so long, US has justification to fix the trade imbalance forcing manufacturering to return. Its a win/win/win for the US because Japan fits the bill for more military in the Pacific, SK economy is trashed so there forced to send manufacturering elsewhere, and china trade imbalances is fixed. All we got to do as the USA is let NK blow there load all over the place. Then mediocrely send some air force in to slowly knock stuff out, while China and SK does most the work. Yes we sacrifice 30k troops, but troops are canon fodder anyway, and did we really want bases bordering china, not really.

Camain

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
No defense for what he is doing and I do believe there'll be a large hole where N Korea used to be in the near future if this carries on BUT it shocks me how many people don't know how his family ended up in power there and how far back the relationship with China and .. Russia goes.

It's a long long story but worth the read, fascinating. Especially Kim Il Sung who (to N koreans) was literally god, who created the earth and everything on it in seven days etc.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Tomorrow the USA has called for and emergency meeting at the U.N. Security Council @ 10 AM.
youtu.be...

I for one hopes this blows over and comes to and end without lost of life... But... The drums and dogs of war seem to be restless.

edit on 727thk17 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I would not be surprised if China handed little Kim some working nukes and icbms to "test". China may believe we are bluffing, this would destroy the US credibility and give them free reigns of Asia.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADSE255
a reply to: carewemust

Gemwolf makes an excellent point here take a look.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You're right. It would be to our peril to underestimate NK's capabilities.

Not only is Kim nuts, he's evil to the max. He has people executed for the most ridiculous reasons. I remember one unfortunate victim of his was executed because he fell asleep at a meeting.

Kim orders executions to take place in a variety of public locations, including schools.

He's ordered the execution of members of his own family, most recently his half-brother.

This makes me concerned for the safety of his wife and children. If he were wise (which he is NOT), he'd stop this nuke nonsense. That he won't do this for his children's sake speaks volumes as to his intentions.

War is horrible.....a military strike, imho, is not a good option but it's the best one. It's the only one that will work on Kim. Sanctions and diplomacy don't work and never will. Not with someone like him.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

just one thing id like to put and that is just say the north Koreans sends a nuk over to the south not with a rocket but with artillery gun and not just one but say like 3 or 4 is it possible for him to do it that way and if that is the case whats the point in having a missile deference program ??

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: carewemust
Why is this "more scary" than North Korea's prior ICBM launches this Summer?

The music went up another octave, think of it like the countdown clock.

Ahh...

Yeah nah though, what does lil kimmie want with nukes, while actively stating he will use them against other nations? The fact he wants to test them, to better their impact and ability to use them on ICMBs is enough for others to tell him to pull his little turtle head in.

I am pretty much lost when I read people say Let him have them.... If he wants to play with the big boys, then the big boys are going to set the rules. and so far, it's "You're Out!"

He just doesn't have the mental bus fare to ride the route he is wanting to.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join